Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/8/2022 12:51 am  #1

Dundee United Vs AZ Alkmaar - Thursday 4/8/22 (8PM)

What team and formation would you like to see for this huge match for the club?

01/8/2022 3:09 am  #2

Re: Dundee United Vs AZ Alkmaar - Thursday 4/8/22 (8PM)

Think I'm correct in saying away goals no longer mean anything different from a home goal, so we simply need to win on aggregate over two legs. To have any chance, we will need to be defensively excellent in both legs. But my gut says focus on not conceding at Tanny, as by the time the away leg comes round, we will be more match-fit, we could possibly have a new face or two, and most of the new lads will have had a chance to settle in and will have had some playing time for us.

Assuming everyone available with the exception of Pawlett (who I think is a big miss, BTW)

Birighitti
Smith   Edwards   Graham   Behich
                     Mulgrew
Middleton   Levitt   Harkes   Watt
                      Fletcher

Subs Eriksson, McMann, Niskanen, Sibbald, Erch, Clark, Freeman, Cudjoe, Mochrie, McLeod

01/8/2022 10:08 am  #3

Anyone else totally unable to get through to buy tickets online or over the phone?

Now tried calling about 150 times and occassionally get to the Ryan Edwards message and then it cuts off on pressing 1 to speak to the ticket office.  Usual shambles....

Last edited by Finn Seemann (01/8/2022 11:00 am)

01/8/2022 1:25 pm  #4

Finn Seemann wrote:

Anyone else totally unable to get through to buy tickets online or over the phone?

Now tried calling about 150 times and occassionally get to the Ryan Edwards message and then it cuts off on pressing 1 to speak to the ticket office.  Usual shambles....

Its best to check the club's socials in these situations. It was reported early there was an issue and they would let everyone know when it was fixed, which they subsequently did.

Plenty of tickets available now.

Last edited by AlwaysUnited (01/8/2022 1:25 pm)

01/8/2022 1:43 pm  #5

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Its best to check the club's socials in these situations. It was reported early there was an issue and they would let everyone know when it was fixed, which they subsequently did.

Plenty of tickets available now.

Not really a social media user - it would be better if they had put something up on the main web-site!!  Anyway tickets now purchased and cheers for taking the time to reply!

01/8/2022 2:39 pm  #6

It's crashed again. Full credit to Future Ticketing for their fantastic response to Fridays issues, ensuring today has went as smoothly as it has. The club getting it spot-on again with their choice of commercial ticketing partner.

Too much commotion

01/8/2022 7:46 pm  #7

Amateur stuff from United with regards to this ticket fiasco that is currently developing.

Checks should have been put in place to ensure this Third party had a system in place that could cope with a few thousand fans trying to buy tickets at the same time. Please don't try and pass the buck, an explanation is required to confirm how this won't happen again from the board.

Still waiting for my tickets and have been trying to get resolved since Saturday. 

I think it will be the same line up as Saturday with the exception of young Matt dropping out for Middleton.

Last edited by CCX2 2010 (01/8/2022 7:48 pm)

01/8/2022 10:01 pm  #8

Online tickets available again for anyone still needing, 3 home stands almost sold out

01/8/2022 10:30 pm  #9

1-0 united

Fletcher.

Into these c*nts.

01/8/2022 11:24 pm  #10

Less than 100 tickets left, all single seats

02/8/2022 1:36 am  #11

Canadian Arab wrote:

Think I'm correct in saying away goals no longer mean anything different from a home goal, so we simply need to win on aggregate over two legs. To have any chance, we will need to be defensively excellent in both legs. But my gut says focus on not conceding at Tanny, as by the time the away leg comes round, we will be more match-fit, we could possibly have a new face or two, and most of the new lads will have had a chance to settle in and will have had some playing time for us.

Assuming everyone available with the exception of Pawlett (who I think is a big miss, BTW)

Birighitti
Smith   Edwards   Graham   Behich
                     Mulgrew
Middleton   Levitt   Harkes   Watt
                      Fletcher

Subs Eriksson, McMann, Niskanen, Sibbald, Erch, Clark, Freeman, Cudjoe, Mochrie, McLeod

I’d go with that except Sibbald for Harkes. As the weeks and games go by I’m struggling to see what Tony Watt’s best position for us is. He’s certainly not a winger and is he gonna be played in a two with Fletcher?(can’t see it). A tad worried about Graham being continually benched as well—would be a travesty if he takes the hump and starts looking elsewhere due to lack of match time. 

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

02/8/2022 3:04 am  #12

japanarab wrote:

I’d go with that except Sibbald for Harkes. As the weeks and games go by I’m struggling to see what Tony Watt’s best position for us is. He’s certainly not a winger and is he gonna be played in a two with Fletcher?(can’t see it). A tad worried about Graham being continually benched as well—would be a travesty if he takes the hump and starts looking elsewhere due to lack of match time. 

I toyed with the idea of starting Niskanen on the left and putting Watt on the bench, probably coming on to replace Fletcher. I don't like Watt playing wide left - much rather see him playing more centrally in the attacking third and leaving the flanks open for our full backs to get up. The alternative was to go with Watt and Fletcher in a front 2 but that would mean either a 4-4-2 (and we don't have a Bowman or Holt or Kirkwood or McInally or Paton-type in the middle of the park, which I think we need in a 4-4-2) or a 5-3-2, which would probably leave Niskanen and Middleton on the bench, and a midfield inverted triangle of Levitt, Harkes and Sibbald which we haven't seen enough of to rely on in a massive Euro game.
Tough call!
The bright spot for me is there won't be a west coast ref.

02/8/2022 4:01 am  #13

My team would be -

..........................Biro.............
Smith....Edwards...Graham...McMann
......................Mulgrew...............
..........Harkes..Levitt....Sibbald....
.................Fletcher..Watt........

Subs - Eriksson, Freeman, Behich, Cudjoe
Middleton, Clark, Niskanen, Meekison, MacLeod

02/8/2022 5:21 am  #14

Canadian Arab wrote:

The alternative was to go with Watt and Fletcher in a front 2 but that would mean either a 4-4-2 ....... or a 5-3-2, which would probably leave Niskanen and Middleton on the bench, and a midfield inverted triangle of Levitt, Harkes and Sibbald which we haven't seen enough of to rely on in a massive Euro game.

Tek wrote:

My team would be -

..........................Biro.............
Smith....Edwards...Graham...McMann
......................Mulgrew...............
..........Harkes..Levitt....Sibbald....
.................Fletcher..Watt........

Subs - Eriksson, Freeman, Behich, Cudjoe
Middleton, Clark, Niskanen, Meekison, MacLeod

👀

The triangle would have Levitt at the top with Harkes and Sibbald behind. If you think of Mulgrew as playing a defensive midfield position then that's a 4-4-2 with a midfield diamond. Designed for defending high and forcing them down the flanks where they'll run into two defensive full-backs. Less likely to create much in the attacking third for us, despite having two up top, but it's a fairly defensive formation that should help us keep it tight at home. 0-0.

In the away leg, bring in Behich and Freeman for Smith and McMann, and start Middleton on the right of the diamond and Harkes on the left. 3-1 to the good guys.

On the wine again, btw.

02/8/2022 12:11 pm  #15

Birighitti

Edwards
Mulgrew
Graham

Freeman
Levitt
Sibbald
Harkes
Behich

Watt
Fletcher

Too much commotion

02/8/2022 12:22 pm  #16

lifesanocean wrote:

Birighitti

Edwards
Mulgrew
Graham

Freeman
Levitt
Sibbald
Harkes
Behich

Watt
Fletcher

I'd agree with this, unless we magically bring in McGrath and Shinnie before Thursday 🙏🙏

02/8/2022 12:54 pm  #17

I’d go with

Birighitti
Smith Edwards mulgrew mcmann (Aussie boy got his visa yet??)
Harkes levitt
Middleton watt niskanen
Fletcher

Possibly too attacking though

Last edited by SuperMario (02/8/2022 12:55 pm)

02/8/2022 12:59 pm  #18

SuperMario wrote:

I’d go with

Birighitti
Harkes levitt
Middleton watt niskanen
Fletcher

Work permit is sorted for Behich 👍

02/8/2022 1:19 pm  #19

SuperMario wrote:

I’d go with

Birighitti
Harkes levitt
Middleton watt niskanen
Fletcher

I'd be happy with that too.

Too much commotion

02/8/2022 8:42 pm  #20

Cannot wait for 7:50, 10 mins before kick off Tanny will be rocking.

02/8/2022 10:26 pm  #21

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (02/8/2022 10:28 pm)

02/8/2022 10:31 pm  #22

Arabdownsouth wrote:

lifesanocean wrote:

Birighitti

Edwards
Mulgrew
Graham

Freeman
Levitt
Sibbald
Harkes
Behich

Watt
Fletcher

I'd agree with this, unless we magically bring in McGrath and Shinnie before Thursday 🙏🙏

Behich  on bench. Niskannen on.

03/8/2022 12:15 am  #23

Hope we don’t lie down to these cunts. Mon the shed.

03/8/2022 10:12 am  #24

Arabdownsouth wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

I’d go with

Birighitti
Harkes levitt
Middleton watt niskanen
Fletcher

Work permit is sorted for Behich 👍

Still awaiting clearance for Behich according to JR in his presser today.

03/8/2022 5:50 pm  #25

Less than 20 tickets remaining in Jerry Kerr, rest of stadium sold out.  Some effort, be great to see some of these fans attend more regularly (I know there are plenty valid reasons why people don’t) and add another 500-1000 to our average attendances.

Board footera