Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/6/2022 7:53 pm  #76

Re: Courts wanted by Rijeka!

Just relax people.

13/6/2022 8:58 pm  #77

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Just relax people.

That Sir is a good point. Some folk don't half get worked up about speculation.

13/6/2022 10:24 pm  #78

Stillliving wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Just relax people.

You two need to give it a rest tbqh.

It's a football Forum ffs. They are built on rumours and opinions. 

13/6/2022 10:31 pm  #79

Tek wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Just relax people.

You two need to give it a rest tbqh.

It's a football Forum ffs. They are built on rumours and opinions. 

Couldn't agree more.

13/6/2022 11:25 pm  #80

I wonder if this has anything to do with the silence on tranfer talk at this moment.

Why allow a manager who the club know is likely to be away to have a say in any incoming transfer dealings.

So wait till his replacement is in then get busy in the transfer market.

Of course who knows if there is any truth at all in this current rumour.

14/6/2022 1:32 am  #81

Courts gone, Ross in. If you believe the rumors. Wouldn’t be unhappy with that. 

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

14/6/2022 3:27 am  #82

definitely feels like there is part of the puzzle that hasn't come out yet... maybe will become clearer when we see where everything lands, but as of now this all just feels bizarre.  why would the club leak that they have given permission for the manager to talk to another club without beforehand agreeing compo?  surely nothing good can come of that...

mind you - wouldn't be that unhappy with ross for tam on the face of things (although would still rather we tried to take mcinnes from killie if we were going experienced route), but whatever has happened to lead us to that appointment is a bit concerning. 4th place, excitement of europe coming up, exceeded all expectations, noises of bringing in 5 or 6 players... should be a happy camp, but somehow we've ended up in apparent chaos.

14/6/2022 3:45 am  #83

1 week on from Courts initial contact with Rijeka.

Absolutely zero from the club in terms of our managerial status, Lewis Neilson compo status or any signings forthwith or even rumours (despite several departures).

It's all very depressing. At a time when our club and support should be riding on a high and buzzing for next season and European football.

Last edited by Tek (14/6/2022 4:32 am)

14/6/2022 6:38 am  #84

Tek wrote:

Absolutely zero from the club in terms of our managerial status, Lewis Neilson compo status or any signings forthwith or even rumours (despite several departures).

It's all very depressing. At a time when our club and support should be riding on a high and buzzing for next season and European football.

Whilst I understand the impatience, why on earth would you expect the club to start transfer rumours? Also why do you think they have to make a public statement about a financial transaction whether there is or isn't one yet. Even if they sort out the development fee they have no obligation to make it public. As for the manager, perhaps there are legal reasons why there has been no statement as yet, this could also be the case regarding Neilson tbh

14/6/2022 7:52 am  #85

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

Whilst I understand the impatience, why on earth would you expect the club to start transfer rumours? Also why do you think they have to make a public statement about a financial transaction whether there is or isn't one yet. Even if they sort out the development fee they have no obligation to make it public. As for the manager, perhaps there are legal reasons why there has been no statement as yet, this could also be the case regarding Neilson tbh

Exactly!!!

14/6/2022 8:37 am  #86

I agree with Tek on this one. We've gone from the high of record ticket sales, 6 new signings expected and European football to possibly no manager and our lauded academy scheme production line of talent moving on for no compensation and heard nothing from the club. Doesn't strike me as good business practise to totally ignore your customers.

14/6/2022 8:40 am  #87

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

because its been widely reported (including from the player himself and hearts) that he has went for nothing due to a mistake from our club ? 
There would be no legal reason not to make a statement, if you did make a mistake like that you wou7ld keep quiet and hope it passes

14/6/2022 9:11 am  #88

dufc2019 wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

because its been widely reported (including from the player himself and hearts) that he has went for nothing due to a mistake from our club ? 
There would be no legal reason not to make a statement, if you did make a mistake like that you wou7ld keep quiet and hope it passes

When did Neilson say United made a mistake?

14/6/2022 11:45 am  #89

BMT wrote:

I agree with Tek on this one. We've gone from the high of record ticket sales, 6 new signings expected and European football to possibly no manager and our lauded academy scheme production line of talent moving on for no compensation and heard nothing from the club. Doesn't strike me as good business practise to totally ignore your customers.

This is where the supporters reps and groups should be challenging United and asking questions.

Are we due a development fee and Is Tam Courts leaving?

I feel as supporters we deserve to at least know this basic info.

14/6/2022 1:03 pm  #90

Courts punted

Mutual termination...ie no money for him....

What a shit show. I'm not dissapointed that he's gone but equally have the feeling we've been fucked over, somehow

Last edited by Tangy (14/6/2022 1:05 pm)

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

14/6/2022 1:15 pm  #91

AlwaysUnited wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Rumour flying about courts has been punted now ?? 🤣

Don't be silly. It's actually irresponsible to spread rubbish like that. The man has a family for crying out loud, how do you think they'd feel reading that.

Give me strength.

Thoughts are with tam courts family in this tough time

14/6/2022 1:15 pm  #92

Have to give some credit to the club as we could not go in indefinitely waiting to see what happened with the interest from Rijeka.  

We need to make signings and need a Head coach/ Manager in place.

Now what we need is a quick recruitment processes to select and appoint the best manager we can to take us forward none of the relentless search nonsense we got last year.

14/6/2022 1:17 pm  #93

I can now confirm Thomas has left the club. Let's not speculate on his replacement, I'm sure the club will make an announcement t in the very near future.

Good luck, Tam. All arabs owe you a debt of gratitude. Well done to the board on such a bold, and successful, appointment. When a manager moves on to bigger things, it reflects well on us all.

14/6/2022 1:20 pm  #94

AlwaysUnited wrote:

I can now confirm Thomas has left the club. Let's not speculate on his replacement, I'm sure the club will make an announcement t in the very near future.

Good luck, Tam. All arabs owe you a debt of gratitude. Well done to the board on such a bold, and successful, appointment. When a manager moves on to bigger things, it reflects well on us all.

The big question though - do his family know?

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

14/6/2022 1:30 pm  #95

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Thanks for confirming

14/6/2022 1:36 pm  #96

So we've nae Manager, nae keeper and hardly a team to speak oe. FFS.

14/6/2022 1:40 pm  #97

I very much look forward to the next appointment.

Last edited by AlwaysUnited (14/6/2022 1:55 pm)

14/6/2022 1:55 pm  #98

Billy_Hainey wrote:

So we've nae Manager, nae keeper and hardly a team to speak oe. FFS.

be fair we've no seen the big Finnish lad all we know is Tam didn't rate him as high as Benji

14/6/2022 1:58 pm  #99

Was happy that the club went the route they did with Tam -was a change and something different and lets face it he's did much better than we all expected.  The football was horrific to watch at times though so all the best Tam but I am not exactly gutted that he's left.

14/6/2022 2:04 pm  #100

AlwaysUnited wrote:

I've held off long enough...your a toby

Board footera