Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/6/2022 11:45 am  #51

Re: Courts wanted by Rijeka!

AlonsMosely wrote:

Some naive reading on here this morning.....all professionals are looking to move to bigger, better and most importantly richer things ffs boys......

Absolutely.  It's the way it's always been

10/6/2022 1:27 pm  #52

AlonsMosely wrote:

Some naive reading on here this morning.....all professionals are looking to move to bigger, better and most importantly richer things ffs boys......

Absolutely 100% agree with this, the guy has to make the most of it whilst his stock is high.

He comes across as a decent family man and it will be his family that will come first. What an exciting opportunity to try something new working abroad and possibly getting a decent wedge whilst he is at it.

Thanks for his efforts and the very best of luck.

10/6/2022 4:56 pm  #53

Rumour flying about courts has been punted now ?? 🤣

10/6/2022 6:06 pm  #54

SuperMario wrote:

Don't be silly. It's actually irresponsible to spread rubbish like that. The man has a family for crying out loud, how do you think they'd feel reading that.

Give me strength.

10/6/2022 6:39 pm  #55

AlwaysUnited wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Don't be silly. It's actually irresponsible to spread rubbish like that. The man has a family for crying out loud, how do you think they'd feel reading that.

Give me strength.

Hahahahahaha wtf u on about

10/6/2022 6:50 pm  #56

AlwaysUnited wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Give me strength.

You'd assume his family would know, mate.

10/6/2022 7:54 pm  #57

AlwaysUnited wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Give me strength.

Are you actually a grown up? The way you talk on here you've no right pulling up other posters.

10/6/2022 8:00 pm  #58

LarsErikKjell wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Give me strength.

You'd assume his family would know, mate.

FAF

😂

10/6/2022 9:53 pm  #59

Rumour flying about that alwaysunited has been punted now?? 🤣

Last edited by Finn Seemann (10/6/2022 9:54 pm)

11/6/2022 12:54 am  #60

tokyoarab wrote:

I'm not sure on what the motivation is for leaking this - doesn't seem like it came from the Croatian side, which means it came from the club or someone connected to Courts?

100% fed to Scott Burns from someone our end.

Question is why?

Feels like something is happening at Tannadice and those involved are getting their chess pieces in place.

11/6/2022 1:02 am  #61

Tek wrote:

tokyoarab wrote:

I'm not sure on what the motivation is for leaking this - doesn't seem like it came from the Croatian side, which means it came from the club or someone connected to Courts?

Question is why?

Feels like something is happening at Tannadice and those involved are getting their chess pieces in place.

I agree it’s all very weird. Personally I go between thinking Tony A is a cunning genius and a guy shunted by events - imo there’s definitely a bit of both going on

Still raging at the Lewis Neilson saga and who knows what has happened with Tam in Croatia

11/6/2022 1:37 pm  #62

LS Arab wrote:

Tek wrote:

tokyoarab wrote:

Question is why?

I agree it’s all very weird. Personally I go between thinking Tony A is a cunning genius and a guy shunted by events - imo there’s definitely a bit of both going on

Still raging at the Lewis Neilson saga and who knows what has happened with Tam in Croatia

Re Tony, the fact that the latter is clearly the case means the former is definitely not.  

11/6/2022 3:39 pm  #63

Finn Seemann wrote:

LS Arab wrote:

Tek wrote:

Question is why?

Re Tony, the fact that the latter is clearly the case means the former is definitely not.  

Lol. That’s a bit harsh. Are the two mutually exclusive? Maybe he had it, lost it and it’s gone forever (Remember Sickboy’s theory of everything?)

Seriously, though, appointment of Courts and achieving 4th place surpassed anything I thought was possible. Maybe he has got the holy grail. I just don’t like a former agent with near total control running the club.

11/6/2022 5:07 pm  #64

How would you restructure it to make it better? Is it purely replacing him because you either don't like or rate him or do you think he does too much and is spread too thin? Not starting arguments but would be nice to see what your issue is.

Without him, the ogres wouldn't be here though - I'd rather Tony than Mike Martin and the man we all used to love to hate - David southern

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

12/6/2022 11:47 am  #65

Tangy wrote:

How would you restructure it to make it better? Is it purely replacing him because you either don't like or rate him or do you think he does too much and is spread too thin? Not starting arguments but would be nice to see what your issue is.

Without him, the ogres wouldn't be here though - I'd rather Tony than Mike Martin and the man we all used to love to hate - David southern

Actually, I was trying to defend him as per the context of the previous post!

I completely agree with you that we would not have Ogren without Asghar, but, by the same token we would not have Asghar if he had not been approached by Mike Martin.

To be clear, I am not suggesting any alternative in as much as Ogren has made it crystal clear that his “investment” was conditional on Asghar running the club.

I dislike the opacity of everything. I also don’t buy into the idea that you can consistently run a club profitably, sell your best talent and make progress in leagues and cups. In my little utopian world supporters would own the club and vote accordingly.

For the record, I exchanged a couple of emails with Tony soon after he was appointed. I apologised for much of what I said. I genuinely wish him the best.

12/6/2022 12:06 pm  #66

Sorry. Must have misread your post.

I don't love the situation - but glad we aren't getting beaten by Dumbarton and alloa away - some of my worst days supporting united.

The clubs far from perfect and things will take time to improve.

To be honest, I'd just like some positive news for a change

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

13/6/2022 9:54 am  #67

Has anyone heard any more info on what's happening with the manager situation?

13/6/2022 10:47 am  #68

the “he’s getting sacked” rumour is going nowhere. In fact I saw text saying this, from someone who works for the club.

A replacement?  no idea…

13/6/2022 1:14 pm  #69

AlwaysUnited wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Give me strength.

It’s been nearly 10 weeks since we finished in the top 6 and 5 weeks since we qualified for Europe yet all we’ve done is release 18 players/youth or something and sign absolutely nobody while not knowing if our manager will be in charge for pre season.

Give me some bloody strength.

Last edited by RogerTheAlien (13/6/2022 1:15 pm)

13/6/2022 1:30 pm  #70

[img]blob:https://tekelterrors.boardhost.com/df01e65a-1dc0-4be2-ac8e-fd24479f65cc[/img]Croatian club apparently signing Malta manager Devis Mangia

Last edited by kdyteejay (13/6/2022 1:33 pm)

13/6/2022 1:36 pm  #71

Tam quit so Rijeka dont need to pay compo and Jack Ross in is the rumour I've heard this afternoon.

13/6/2022 1:46 pm  #72

Rick Dagless wrote:

Tam quit so Rijeka dont need to pay compo and Jack Ross in is the rumour I've heard this afternoon.

He has a family for christ sake. They could be on Tek reading this ffs.

Heard over the weekend that he’s been sacked.

If Tam Courts is reading this, fuck off and don’t come back.

Last edited by RogerTheAlien (13/6/2022 1:50 pm)

13/6/2022 1:51 pm  #73

Eh heard Clarke has been sacked and Tam is getting the Scotland job.

13/6/2022 1:59 pm  #74

Rick Dagless wrote:

Rejika are appointing a manager soon and its not Courts. According to Croatian journos.

13/6/2022 5:14 pm  #75

Board footera