Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/6/2022 12:10 pm  #26

Re: Courts wanted by Rijeka!

I see the Rijeka Wiki page already has him appointed:

Head coachMickey Mouse

Last edited by Finn Seemann (09/6/2022 12:11 pm)

09/6/2022 12:19 pm  #27

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Tam got a job because he was a yes man and we had to watch a run of 15 games where we only won twice. Eye bleeding stuff and should’ve been punted.

Had Hibs and Aberdeen not of been so shit we would’ve struggled to make the top 6.

He owes us, Tony.

Nonsense

6 times last season we played against 10 men and only won once. We won 6 games in our last 28 in the league or something, That’s nonsense. We appointed a man who had only managed Kelty Hearts in the juniors, that’s also nonsense.

If we’d of had a good attacking manager we could’ve pushed Hearts for 3rd.

You know what? I'm not even going to bother. Some folk will never be happy.

09/6/2022 12:29 pm  #28

The cynic in me thinks this may be part of the Tony masterplan to get a bidding war going for the Fife Mourinho.  Either that and it is genuine and follows Tam being told by Tony that his new striker signing is an M McNulty.

09/6/2022 2:58 pm  #29

If true, hopefully Tam does us one more turn and signs M Mcnulty for Rijeka..

09/6/2022 5:36 pm  #30

Seen on Twitter that the biggest football site in Croatia has said this is nowhere near accurate.

09/6/2022 6:58 pm  #31

Arabdownsouth wrote:

AlonsMosely wrote:

Lennon a massive no for me...guys not stable imho

He's a horrible cunt, massive no from me too.

He's extremely passionate and yes he can come across as over the top but he's a decent guy actually

09/6/2022 7:50 pm  #32

KdyArab wrote:

Seen on Twitter that the biggest football site in Croatia has said this is nowhere near accurate.

So now its piley on Asghar for leaking fake news to Scott Burns... so that when Tam ends up staying it makes us feel better because everyone is raging about losing Lewis Neilson under freedom of contract to Hearts after offering him a contract in February.

Makes sense.

09/6/2022 7:54 pm  #33

KdyArab wrote:

If Courts isn't speaking to another club then Utd should have came out today and clarified the situation and rubbished the reports.

09/6/2022 8:02 pm  #34

Tek wrote:

KdyArab wrote:

If Courts isn't speaking to another club then Utd should have came out today and clarified the situation and rubbished the reports.

Which is why there has to be something in it. Just because the media in Croatia don't know doesnt mean its not true.

People will point to a motive to leak the info to Burns but it literally makes no sense to do that. What does anyone gain from that?

If anything there wont be any media in Croatia that has any kind of link to TC. Whereas if it was a run of the mill manager from over there, there is always someone who knows someone that would leak the interest.

I guess time will tell. I dont even know what I want the outcome to be tbh. Probably that Courts stays for continuity. But if he goes, its not the end of the world.

09/6/2022 10:37 pm  #35

Not happening according to the sun. They don’t want to pay compensation.

09/6/2022 10:39 pm  #36

Well that was a weird 24 hours….

Right Tam get some signings in and get ready for our European tour…

Mon United

09/6/2022 10:42 pm  #37

Surely they knew they had to pay when they asked permission to speak to us. Something strange going on here.

09/6/2022 10:44 pm  #38

Lot of weird stuff going on at Tannadice last few days

09/6/2022 10:48 pm  #39

Process is:

we want to interview/speak to them - can we?

Yes

Speak to them - want them - how much?

£XYZ please

Nah just leave it.

Perfectly normal.

09/6/2022 10:51 pm  #40

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Process is:

Yes

£XYZ please

Nah just leave it.

Perfectly normal.

I get that but they must have had a rough idea of how much it was likely to cost.

09/6/2022 10:55 pm  #41

KdyArab wrote:

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Process is:

Yes

£XYZ please

Nah just leave it.

Perfectly normal.

I get that but they must have had a rough idea of how much it was likely to cost.

Well if they interviewed him and thought he was the messiah then maybe they'd splash the cash.

Maybe there isnt a set amount in his contract. So his agent would just say 'chat first, sort money later'

09/6/2022 10:57 pm  #42

For me this whole episode just reaffirms for me why i struggle to give much or any credence to what comes out of the mouths of Asghar, Courts et al.

Tam Courts stood inside Tannadice about 10 days ago and said in an interview with Ally Heather and Sean Dillon that he was happy at Utd and wasn't thinking of going anywhere. Yet just a few days later, the first club that show any interest in him and he's in talks with them within 24 hours. 

That is not the actions of a man who is 100% happy at the club and wanting to stay and build something. Everyone at the club seems, in fact, to just be working their ticket. How can the fans be asked to buy into Courts and his team when the Manager himself has his head turned so easily?

All this #UnitedTogether stuff is utter bollocks.

09/6/2022 10:58 pm  #43

LarsErikKjell wrote:

KdyArab wrote:

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Process is:

Yes

£XYZ please

Nah just leave it.

Perfectly normal.

Well if they interviewed him and thought he was the messiah then maybe they'd splash the cash.

Maybe there isnt a set amount in his contract. So his agent would just say 'chat first, sort money later'

You’re probably right, I’m probably just being cynical.

09/6/2022 11:12 pm  #44

Tek wrote:

For me this whole episode just reaffirms for me why i struggle to give much or any credence to what comes out of the mouths of Asghar, Courts et al.

Tam Courts stood inside Tannadice about 10 days ago and said in an interview with Ally Heather and Sean Dillon that he was happy at Utd and wasn't thinking of going anywhere. Yet just a few days later, the first club that show any interest in him and he's in talks with them within 24 hours. 

That is not the actions of a man who is 100% happy at the club and wanting to stay and build something. Everyone at the club seems, in fact, to just be working their ticket. How can the fans be asked to buy into Courts and his team when the Manager himself has his head turned so easily?

I get what you're saying Tek. But you know Tam isn't going to say on an official club interview that he's keeping his options open? Thats mental.

As for TA, I'm pretty sure in his DUTV interview he mentioned that fact that they'd never stand in the way of someone wanting to progress their career or take up good opportunities elsewhere. I'm sure Asghar wants TA to stay for as long as possible. But if clubs are interested in taking him away then it stands to reasons this will be because, from the outside at least, we are doing well on the park.

Now, I like my job. Good company, nice people. But if a very similar type of company from Croatia calls me up tomorrow and asks me to do a very similar job over there for (at least) the same amount of money (and likely more) then I'm 100% having a chat with them to see what its all about. Dont think we can blame him for checking it out.

09/6/2022 11:55 pm  #45

If someone is willing to pay cash for TC then in my view we should rip the hand off them and my advice to Tam is to fill your boots kid.

The guy was extremely fortunate last season and should cash in while his stock is high.

I would love for his replacement to be a guy with some pedigree but fear it will be yet another novice or yes man, the league can't be as poor in standard again.

Jack Ross or McInnes for me but my bets will be on either Ashgar jnr or Mulgrew.

Last edited by CCX2 2010 (09/6/2022 11:57 pm)

10/6/2022 12:08 am  #46

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Tek wrote:

I get what you're saying Tek. But you know Tam isn't going to say on an official club interview that he's keeping his options open? Thats mental.

As for TA, I'm pretty sure in his DUTV interview he mentioned that fact that they'd never stand in the way of someone wanting to progress their career or take up good opportunities elsewhere. I'm sure Asghar wants TA to stay for as long as possible. But if clubs are interested in taking him away then it stands to reasons this will be because, from the outside at least, we are doing well on the park.

Now, I like my job. Good company, nice people. But if a very similar type of company from Croatia calls me up tomorrow and asks me to do a very similar job over there for (at least) the same amount of money (and likely more) then I'm 100% having a chat with them to see what its all about. Dont think we can blame him for checking it out.

My point is, these interviews. It's all just soundbites and bullshit really.

10/6/2022 4:29 am  #47

I'm not sure on what the motivation is for leaking this - doesn't seem like it came from the Croatian side, which means it came from the club or someone connected to Courts?  I know our model is that the manager is replaceable, but given we're looking to bring in 5 or 6 players, uncertainty around who the manager will be can't be a positive for any prospective signings, so don't see the advantage for the club.  For Courts I guess it would be putting any other potential suitors on notice that he's available and open - but if he's putting that ahead of what's good for the club then that seems a bit off.

10/6/2022 7:43 am  #48

Tek wrote:

If you watch the video again, Tam absolutely did not say he wasn't thinking of going anywhere. He did say he was happy here and had a job to do, then moved on to talking about plans for the year ahead.

To one or extent or another, 99% of the working population is "looking to move" if a dream opportunity came among, with a realisation if might not and if so they are happy to remain in their current job.

I doubt Tam is any different.

10/6/2022 8:10 am  #49

I’d absolutely understand if Dinamo Zagreb come in, they’re constantly winning leagues and qualifying for Europe. They’re a big name.

If Tam has indicated he wanted to talk/leave to Rijeka though then his days here should be numbered as he’s clearly not committed to Dufc.

10/6/2022 9:21 am  #50

Some naive reading on here this morning.....all professionals are looking to move to bigger, better and most importantly richer things ffs boys......

Board footera