Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/7/2022 8:57 pm  #76

Re: New Home and Away kits

Tek wrote:

Funny how our neighbours across the street got their Macron kits out weeks ago.

Who'd want one though? 🤣

14/7/2022 9:01 pm  #77

Tek wrote:

Funny how our neighbours across the street got their Macron kits out weeks ago.

Don't know too much about that mob but I would imagine that they have just made some sort of deal for a job lot.

Looking forward to seeing the new kit tomorrow.

14/7/2022 9:54 pm  #78

Guessing it's a remake of the 78 strip or the league winning one.

Collar will defo be interesting. If its 'of a time' it might well be difficult to translate that to modern football strips

Last edited by Tangy (14/7/2022 9:58 pm)

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

14/7/2022 10:51 pm  #79

The strip delay may be down to the recent change in badge.
As long as it's tangerine that's all that matters.

15/7/2022 1:05 am  #80

Tangy wrote:

Guessing it's a remake of the 78 strip or the league winning one.

Collar will defo be interesting. If its 'of a time' it might well be difficult to translate that to modern football strips

Motherwell are doing a similar retro collar with Macron. Looks pretty decent. 

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

15/7/2022 10:12 am  #81

Belter of a kit

15/7/2022 10:13 am  #82

https://twitter.com/dundeeunitedfc/status/1547868572969574400?t=-A699PadKCOOKJmsKp6zDA&s=08

Well it's been released and what can we say except WOW!

Perfectly captures the synergy between the past, present and a daring glimpse into the future. Old badge, new sponsors. Love it.

I might be biased here, but I think it's the best ever strip. Really courageous from the club to go down this route, when so many others are taking a totally different approach.

Now let's all get our pre orders in tomorrow.

15/7/2022 10:20 am  #83

Lovely kit. Collar looks great and a really nice tribute to the league winning kit. Well done United!

Not sure the sponsor does it any favours, however. The big gold Q should have been black... puts me off a little bit.

Wouldn't agree AU that its one of our best. 19/20 still miles and miles and miles ahead of anything we've done this century for me. 

15/7/2022 10:46 am  #84

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Lovely kit. Collar looks great and a really nice tribute to the league winning kit. Well done United!

Not sure the sponsor does it any favours, however. The big gold Q should have been black... puts me off a little bit.

Wouldn't agree AU that its one of our best. 19/20 still miles and miles and miles ahead of anything we've done this century for me. 

Really courageous though eh 😂

Love the strip, AU still a belter though 🙄

15/7/2022 10:46 am  #85

Love the strip.  Hate the sponsor.  Won't be buying it unless there is a non-sponsored version.  

15/7/2022 10:51 am  #86

Finn Seemann wrote:

Love the strip.  Hate the sponsor.  Won't be buying it unless there is a non-sponsored version.  

I'd be surprised if there is.

I can't remember Finn, were you the one who was opposed to the sponsor because of gambling? If so I'd have to ask did you have any issue with last year's kit which promoted drinking? Alcohol wrecks far more lives than gambling I'd wager.

15/7/2022 11:16 am  #87

Let's not muddy a brilliant kit launch with a debate on sponsors. Everyone is entitled to their own ethical view, and no-one has to justify it to anyone else. Most things are harmful in some way, if you boil them down to carbon emissions, so it just depends on your individual tolerance.

Some people have deeply personal views on gambling, alcohol etc, and if they choose to refrain from purchasing a strip that is their right.

I'm sure there will be new fashion and training gear released without sponsors in the near future.

15/7/2022 11:24 am  #88

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Let's not muddy a brilliant kit launch with a debate on sponsors. Everyone is entitled to their own ethical view, and no-one has to justify it to anyone else. Most things are harmful in some way, if you boil them down to carbon emissions, so it just depends on your individual tolerance.

Some people have deeply personal views on gambling, alcohol etc, and if they choose to refrain from purchasing a strip that is their right.

I'm sure there will be new fashion and training gear released without sponsors in the near future.

How about we debate what the fuck we like?

15/7/2022 11:29 am  #89

Arabdownsouth wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Please be calm friend, I was just expressing a view that no-one should feel obliged to defend a deeply personal decision if they don't want to. You are entitled to disagree.

I am not a moderator and have no control over what is and isn't debated, it was merely a suggestion and a defence of an earlier poster.

If you want to debate the comparative ethics of sponsorship with other posters, ultimately that is your business.

Last edited by AlwaysUnited (15/7/2022 11:33 am)

15/7/2022 11:37 am  #90

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Please be calm friend, I was just expressing a view that no-one should feel obliged to defend a deeply personal decision if they don't want to. You are entitled to disagree.

I am not a moderator and have no control over what is and isn't debated, it was merely a suggestion and a defence of an earlier poster.

If you want to debate the comparative ethics of sponsorship with other posters, ultimately that is your business.

Perfectly calm, just cannot be doing with your condescending tone 👍

15/7/2022 11:53 am  #91

This is a condescending free forum, AU agreed with the host who told me off 😉

Strip is class though, would think the owner might not get paid the full dollar if it wasn't displayed and then folk would be worrying about the finances.
Pre-season forums are never dull 😎

15/7/2022 12:08 pm  #92

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

I can't remember Finn, were you the one who was opposed to the sponsor because of gambling? If so I'd have to ask did you have any issue with last year's kit which promoted drinking? Alcohol wrecks far more lives than gambling I'd wager.

Discussed this before.  Yes I am opposed to the sponsor because of who they are.  In my own head I had justified Eden Mill as a small local business, but with hindsight I don't think we should be promoting alcohol either.

15/7/2022 12:19 pm  #93

Finn Seemann wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Discussed this before.  Yes I am opposed to the sponsor because of who they are.  In my own head I had justified Eden Mill as a small local business, but with hindsight I don't think we should be promoting alcohol either.

Fair enough mate

15/7/2022 12:43 pm  #94

Other clubs sell shirts without sponsors logos on them.

15/7/2022 1:21 pm  #95

Going against the trend but I don't love it. Equally don't hate it but probably will buy some training gear or the away kit instead

Last edited by Tangy (15/7/2022 1:21 pm)

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

15/7/2022 3:09 pm  #96

Its a great looking kit, I'm hoping the away is a white version, that would be the mutts.....

15/7/2022 6:00 pm  #97

Just looks the same as the free top the club issued to season ticket holders a few years back

15/7/2022 7:46 pm  #98

I think it's a lovely top and kit, slightly ruined by the garish sponsors logo. But i know there's not much the club can do about that.

Great that there is a longsleeved option to buy. Been asking the club to do this for years.

16/7/2022 12:43 am  #99

AlonsMosely wrote:

Its a great looking kit, I'm hoping the away is a white version, that would be the mutts.....

Was told the away kit is black.

And not the one we wore against Port Vale.

Board footera