Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



11/5/2022 10:17 pm  #26


Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

Great performance tonight and thoroughly deserved the draw. Would be happy if they played like that every week. European football , well done Utd.

 

11/5/2022 10:28 pm  #27


Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

Happy with that. Celtic happy to keep possession at the end to make sure they got a point.

What a difference having Freeman as an out ball makes. I'd like to see a few more crosses come in early as he cut back a bit too often, but it kept Celtic on their toes.

A goal, one chalked off for offside (it was, but not by much), hit the woodwork twice, Archie turning their defence inside out and putting one inches past the top corner, and Edwards heading one past in the dying seconds. Benji only had one real save from Jota (and it was a hell of a save). Celtic's defence is dodgy under pressure, and Hart is a bomb scare.

Would love to get Levitt back for another year. Some strike.

Actually helpful that Motherwell didn't get pegged back by Hearts as now, Ross County have nothing to play for. A draw will probably be enough to take 4th as I don't see Celtic letting Motherwell take anything on Saturday - pressure's off and they'll want to sign off in style. But it's conceivable that Motherwell could steal a point on Saturday, so we have to go for the 3 points and hope Motherwell don't win at Parkhead.

Edit to say - well done to Ross McLeod. Put himself about, clearly following instructions to stop them switching the ball once they got to half way, and a well-controlled strike that deserved better, after making space for himself. Clark regularly throwing his hands up because a team mate didn't do what he wanted them to do, yet probably 10 decent attacks were ended by him being offside - including the rebound from McLeod's shot.

Last edited by Canadian Arab (11/5/2022 10:32 pm)

 

11/5/2022 10:54 pm  #28


Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

Dunno where that 2nd half performance has been hiding all season but credit where it's due, we were excellent and worked our arses off. If we got that every week you'd be fucking delighted ūüß°ūüĖ§

Also dunno if that team selection was a throwaway 11 or not but I thought it actually worked really well. 1st time in a while we've had some mobility. Using the 2 full backs in the back 3 helped us match runners when they played balls into channels. Badly exposed in this area on Sun.


Too much commotion
 

11/5/2022 11:29 pm  #29


Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

As has been the case for the vast majority of the season the team was well organised and worked hard.
They seemed to show a bit more belief tonight particularly when Watt & Mulgrew came on.
Back into Europe, credit to TC, although I'm sure some will still be calling for his removal.

 

11/5/2022 11:32 pm  #30


Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

lifesanocean wrote:

Dunno where that 2nd half performance has been hiding all season but credit where it's due, we were excellent and worked our arses off. If we got that every week you'd be fucking delighted ūüß°ūüĖ§

Also dunno if that team selection was a throwaway 11 or not but I thought it actually worked really well. 1st time in a while we've had some mobility. Using the 2 full backs in the back 3 helped us match runners when they played balls into channels. Badly exposed in this area on Sun.

 
Would agree that Mcmann & Smith made a difference in the back 3. Smith in particular bailed out Freeman on a number of occasions.
Unfortunately for him I reckon Freeman was our only poor performer tonight.

 

11/5/2022 11:54 pm  #31


Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

Thought Liam Smith had one of his best games tonight.  Levitt was superb again.  Mulgrew and Watt both did well when they came on.  McDonald I thought brought some composure to the team for the time he was on.  Meekison and McLeod did their reputations no harm.  Nicky Clark worked his arse off.  No failures for me.

Well done United

 

12/5/2022 1:59 am  #32


Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

Very surprising score line and performance from Utd tonight (happily), particularly given our rag tag starting XI.

To be completely honest that is the best we have played for months, in terms of organisation, running, fight, coming back from adversity and actually trying to take the game to an opponent.

No idea what game the poster @stilliving was watching.

I thought Kieran Freeman showed conclusively tonight what we have missed from him at RWB/RM. He got forward to great effect when he could and him doubling up with Liam Smith on Celtic's left sided threats meant they only got through on that side once really all night (Benji's great save from Jota).

There were no failures tonight but i thought special praise should be merited for Levitt, Freeman, Smith and McMann. Mulgrew when he came on was excellent and a wee word for Nicky Clark. Ran himself into the ground tonight, with his off the ball pressing, and he talked young Rory McLeod through the entire game i noticed, and told him where to run etc.

Watched wee Rory carefully and even though he was starved of service i did see things i liked from him.

1) He played close to Clark all night. I hate it when Utd Strikers play miles apart.
2) The only chance he had (which was a half chance at best) he only had one thing on his mind, turn towards goal and get a shot off. No sideways or backwards passing. Seems a proper goal scorer in the making.

So, a very welcome and surprising point against the Champions. We drew with them at Tannadice 0-0 last season under Mellon about this time of year. But that was a far more impressive performance tonight. Particularly given the personnel available.

In the end i was actually a wee bit disappointed we never handed Celtic their first league loss since last September, given how many chances we created in the 2nd half.

Would have to offer Tam Courts a congratulations and well done on securing European football for the club. This is a very real and tangible success for the club.

I have been very critical of him and our play (and other aspects of the club), but it would be churlish of me to not offer my best wishes now he has delivered some success for Utd. It is his maiden season in charge as Utd Manager and he has had a huge learning curve in every way possible but weathered the storm. That deserves some acknowledgment (if not praise) from even his loudest detractors (of which i am one).

On to Saturday now and i really hope that with the pressure off the players they can go up to Dingwall on Saturday, enjoy their football, put on a good performance, score a few goals and help the club secure 4th place in style in front of a large and vociferous Utd away support.

The Premiership prize monies for 4th and 5th in the division are as follows.

4th = 1.81M
5th = 1.68M

So, securing 4th on Saturday could be worth £113,000 to the club.

Or the equivalent of a few hundred adult season tickets sold in the Eddie Thompson Lower.

A win on Saturday is big for the club.

 

     Thread Starter
 

12/5/2022 8:56 am  #33


Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

really good performance and well done to Tam and the players for a successful season

 

12/5/2022 9:12 am  #34


Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

What a phuckin performance. Considering wha we were playing against, that's gotta be the best performance this Season (that Ehv seen I might add). Whars abody been hiding.

Only minor annoyance in the 1st half, Hart came aboot 40 yds oot to the left to clear the ba, we only 2 defenders on the ba. Was shellshocked to see that Clark and McLeod no goin for it.

Seek to see Giocockpuss getting the haed on the ba just behind Smith.

Some strike beh Levitt.

Well deserved point, and as other fowk have sayed, aboot 4 nearies, any ane or which, woulda gave us the win but hey-ho.

Could you believe it. Hart playing keepy-up and the Tics timewasting. Wonders never cease. Glad we had them rattled.

MOTM for me Dylan Levitt.

 

12/5/2022 9:29 am  #35


Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

Tangy wrote:

Can't argue with that. Kept it tight but opened up when we went behind.

Then kept it tight again
 

 

12/5/2022 9:58 am  #36


Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

AlwaysUnited wrote:

A free hit game, we've got nothing to lose here. I'm predicting a 2-2 draw to set up a cliffhanger in the Highlands next week.

Nearly right - warming to you....

 

12/5/2022 10:06 am  #37


Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

Agree with most on here, huge credit to Courts and the squad for achieving what i'm sure most of us thought was unachievable at start of season. Football at times has been difficult to watch at times but the end result is a massive coup for the club. A result on Saturday would make for the near perfect season..... 

 

12/5/2022 10:07 am  #38


Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

Stillliving wrote:

As has been the case for the vast majority of the season the team was well organised and worked hard.
They seemed to show a bit more belief tonight particularly when Watt & Mulgrew came on.
Back into Europe, credit to TC, although I'm sure some will still be calling for his removal.

I was willing to give TC time after initially being unconvinced by the appointment (who could be?).  For a rookie manager you have to say he has done a good job, but it is fine lines and the jury is still going to be out for a while yet.  FWIW, if Asghar can actually give him a balanced squad for the start of next season I think we can push on to consolidate a fixed top six status, but as we know many of the teams below us, Hibs, Aberdeen, St Johnstone and probably the Fun replacement, Kilmarnock (our results at Dens always being better than those at Rugby Park) will be stronger.  So I'm back to challenging the man I do want rid of to get the recruitment right - do I have confidence?  No.

 

12/5/2022 1:10 pm  #39


Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

When I saw Magregor going crazy at his defence for not keeping posetion at the back and wasting time I said to my son that they will be delighted with a draw !
A long time since I've seen them do that at Tannadice and with a bit of luck we would of been the only supporters celebrating last night

 

12/5/2022 2:32 pm  #40


Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

Before Hart started his keepie-ups and then caught the ball, was it not a pass back?

 

12/5/2022 2:33 pm  #41


Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

Finn Seemann wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

As has been the case for the vast majority of the season the team was well organised and worked hard.
They seemed to show a bit more belief tonight particularly when Watt & Mulgrew came on.
Back into Europe, credit to TC, although I'm sure some will still be calling for his removal.

I was willing to give TC time after initially being unconvinced by the appointment (who could be?).  For a rookie manager you have to say he has done a good job, but it is fine lines and the jury is still going to be out for a while yet.  FWIW, if Asghar can actually give him a balanced squad for the start of next season I think we can push on to consolidate a fixed top six status, but as we know many of the teams below us, Hibs, Aberdeen, St Johnstone and probably the Fun replacement, Kilmarnock (our results at Dens always being better than those at Rugby Park) will be stronger.  So I'm back to challenging the man I do want rid of to get the recruitment right - do I have confidence?  No.

 
How exactly do we know that all of those teams will be better? If that was us in tenth or 11th you'd be forecasting doom for us but because it's other teams they are definitely going to improve next season. Crazy logic and negative thinking in my opinion.

 

12/5/2022 3:31 pm  #42


Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

As has been the case for the vast majority of the season the team was well organised and worked hard.
They seemed to show a bit more belief tonight particularly when Watt & Mulgrew came on.
Back into Europe, credit to TC, although I'm sure some will still be calling for his removal.

I was willing to give TC time after initially being unconvinced by the appointment (who could be?).  For a rookie manager you have to say he has done a good job, but it is fine lines and the jury is still going to be out for a while yet.  FWIW, if Asghar can actually give him a balanced squad for the start of next season I think we can push on to consolidate a fixed top six status, but as we know many of the teams below us, Hibs, Aberdeen, St Johnstone and probably the Fun replacement, Kilmarnock (our results at Dens always being better than those at Rugby Park) will be stronger.  So I'm back to challenging the man I do want rid of to get the recruitment right - do I have confidence?  No.

 
How exactly do we know that all of those teams will be better? If that was us in tenth or 11th you'd be forecasting doom for us but because it's other teams they are definitely going to improve next season. Crazy logic and negative thinking in my opinion.

I'm forecasting a view that Hibs and Aberdeen will be better next season - I suspect pretty much everyone including the bookies will think that.  If the Saints stay up I don't think they will be a piss poor as this season (when they still took half the available points off us).  I also think Killie will take more points off us than the Fun, because we are always rank rotten in Kilmarnock and not much better against them at home and the Fun are the Fun.  Hardly crazy logic https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons2/silly.png
, although perhaps negative - but I'd like to think more like realistic. I'd still like to think we'll be above at least 3 of those teams, but in a league where the majority are covered by less than 10 points difference, marginal improvements are important.  What is your 'logic' then?  
 

 

12/5/2022 6:28 pm  #43


Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

Finn Seemann wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:


I was willing to give TC time after initially being unconvinced by the appointment (who could be?).  For a rookie manager you have to say he has done a good job, but it is fine lines and the jury is still going to be out for a while yet.  FWIW, if Asghar can actually give him a balanced squad for the start of next season I think we can push on to consolidate a fixed top six status, but as we know many of the teams below us, Hibs, Aberdeen, St Johnstone and probably the Fun replacement, Kilmarnock (our results at Dens always being better than those at Rugby Park) will be stronger.  So I'm back to challenging the man I do want rid of to get the recruitment right - do I have confidence?  No.

 
How exactly do we know that all of those teams will be better? If that was us in tenth or 11th you'd be forecasting doom for us but because it's other teams they are definitely going to improve next season. Crazy logic and negative thinking in my opinion.

I'm forecasting a view that Hibs and Aberdeen will be better next season - I suspect pretty much everyone including the bookies will think that.  If the Saints stay up I don't think they will be a piss poor as this season (when they still took half the available points off us).  I also think Killie will take more points off us than the Fun, because we are always rank rotten in Kilmarnock and not much better against them at home and the Fun are the Fun.  Hardly crazy logic https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons2/silly.png
, although perhaps negative - but I'd like to think more like realistic. I'd still like to think we'll be above at least 3 of those teams, but in a league where the majority are covered by less than 10 points difference, marginal improvements are important.  What is your 'logic' then?  
 

 My logic is simple. We have improved year on year since the Ogrens took over. Tam has done superbly in his first season and yet you still want rid of him. I don't and would much prefer to have continuity and continue the upward trajectory or at least maintain the current status quo as I doubt we can attain much higher than 4th in any given season. Possibly get further in the cups though.

 

12/5/2022 6:43 pm  #44


Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:


 
How exactly do we know that all of those teams will be better? If that was us in tenth or 11th you'd be forecasting doom for us but because it's other teams they are definitely going to improve next season. Crazy logic and negative thinking in my opinion.

I'm forecasting a view that Hibs and Aberdeen will be better next season - I suspect pretty much everyone including the bookies will think that.  If the Saints stay up I don't think they will be a piss poor as this season (when they still took half the available points off us).  I also think Killie will take more points off us than the Fun, because we are always rank rotten in Kilmarnock and not much better against them at home and the Fun are the Fun.  Hardly crazy logic https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons2/silly.png
, although perhaps negative - but I'd like to think more like realistic. I'd still like to think we'll be above at least 3 of those teams, but in a league where the majority are covered by less than 10 points difference, marginal improvements are important.  What is your 'logic' then?  
 

 My logic is simple. We have improved year on year since the Ogrens took over. Tam has done superbly in his first season and yet you still want rid of him. I don't and would much prefer to have continuity and continue the upward trajectory or at least maintain the current status quo as I doubt we can attain much higher than 4th in any given season. Possibly get further in the cups though.

Ah, you can't process words on a screen, that explains it.  Where did I say I wanted rid of TC?  All I said is the jury is still out.  Clearly he's done pretty well in terms of league position this season and he absolutely should be given another season and investment to see if he can consolidate that.  That's what I said https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons2/silly.png
.  It's Asghar I don't want.  I'd like someone that didn't waste Mr Ogren's money.  Take the blinkers off before replying.

 

12/5/2022 6:52 pm  #45


Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

Finn Seemann wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

I'm forecasting a view that Hibs and Aberdeen will be better next season - I suspect pretty much everyone including the bookies will think that.  If the Saints stay up I don't think they will be a piss poor as this season (when they still took half the available points off us).  I also think Killie will take more points off us than the Fun, because we are always rank rotten in Kilmarnock and not much better against them at home and the Fun are the Fun.  Hardly crazy logic https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons2/silly.png
, although perhaps negative - but I'd like to think more like realistic. I'd still like to think we'll be above at least 3 of those teams, but in a league where the majority are covered by less than 10 points difference, marginal improvements are important.  What is your 'logic' then?  
 

 My logic is simple. We have improved year on year since the Ogrens took over. Tam has done superbly in his first season and yet you still want rid of him. I don't and would much prefer to have continuity and continue the upward trajectory or at least maintain the current status quo as I doubt we can attain much higher than 4th in any given season. Possibly get further in the cups though.

Ah, you can't process words on a screen, that explains it.  Where did I say I wanted rid of TC?  All I said is the jury is still out.  Clearly he's done pretty well in terms of league position this season and he absolutely should be given another season and investment to see if he can consolidate that.  That's what I said https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons2/silly.png
.  It's Asghar I don't want.  I'd like someone that didn't waste Mr Ogren's money.  Take the blinkers off before replying.

 Maybe be a bit more clear? You're still refusing to accept that whether you like it or not the club has been on an upwards trajectory since the Ogrens and yes Asghar too came on board.

Also no need to be fucking condescending either, cheers though

Last edited by Arabdownsouth (12/5/2022 6:57 pm)

 

12/5/2022 8:07 pm  #46


Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:


 My logic is simple. We have improved year on year since the Ogrens took over. Tam has done superbly in his first season and yet you still want rid of him. I don't and would much prefer to have continuity and continue the upward trajectory or at least maintain the current status quo as I doubt we can attain much higher than 4th in any given season. Possibly get further in the cups though.

Ah, you can't process words on a screen, that explains it.  Where did I say I wanted rid of TC?  All I said is the jury is still out.  Clearly he's done pretty well in terms of league position this season and he absolutely should be given another season and investment to see if he can consolidate that.  That's what I said https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons2/silly.png
.  It's Asghar I don't want.  I'd like someone that didn't waste Mr Ogren's money.  Take the blinkers off before replying.

 Maybe be a bit more clear? You're still refusing to accept that whether you like it or not the club has been on an upwards trajectory since the Ogrens and yes Asghar too came on board.

Also no need to be fucking condescending either, cheers though

Not sure where you are getting that from!  I'd be thick as pig shit if I denied an upward trajectory on the playing field given we're up a whole division since Ogren coming in.  As I said I think Asghar has wasted Ogrens money and the danger there is that Ogren decides that he's maybe a little fed up of his investment.  He is a Republican Trump voter after all - the same people who want to become more isolationist.  So whilst we have improved on the pitch (although we aren't great truth be told) I am not convinced that the finances are similarly rosy.  The conveyor belt of talent to sell (which is the only real plan) is not quite there yet (although clearly a work in progress) so we must still be in somewhat of a perilous position.  You've proclaimed non interest in the finances before, I think, and that is up to you, but for me that is a key factor and I don't think Asghar is the man to grow the club back on that front and give Ogren the return that he sold him at the start.  Just my opinion - but explains my stance.

Not trying to be condescending, cheers though.

 

12/5/2022 8:15 pm  #47


Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

Finn Seemann wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Ah, you can't process words on a screen, that explains it.  Where did I say I wanted rid of TC?  All I said is the jury is still out.  Clearly he's done pretty well in terms of league position this season and he absolutely should be given another season and investment to see if he can consolidate that.  That's what I said https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons2/silly.png
.  It's Asghar I don't want.  I'd like someone that didn't waste Mr Ogren's money.  Take the blinkers off before replying.

 Maybe be a bit more clear? You're still refusing to accept that whether you like it or not the club has been on an upwards trajectory since the Ogrens and yes Asghar too came on board.

Also no need to be fucking condescending either, cheers though

Not sure where you are getting that from!  I'd be thick as pig shit if I denied an upward trajectory on the playing field given we're up a whole division since Ogren coming in.  As I said I think Asghar has wasted Ogrens money and the danger there is that Ogren decides that he's maybe a little fed up of his investment.  He is a Republican Trump voter after all - the same people who want to become more isolationist.  So whilst we have improved on the pitch (although we aren't great truth be told) I am not convinced that the finances are similarly rosy.  The conveyor belt of talent to sell (which is the only real plan) is not quite there yet (although clearly a work in progress) so we must still be in somewhat of a perilous position.  You've proclaimed non interest in the finances before, I think, and that is up to you, but for me that is a key factor and I don't think Asghar is the man to grow the club back on that front and give Ogren the return that he sold him at the start.  Just my opinion - but explains my stance.

Not trying to be condescending, cheers though.

 
So the remark about word processing wasn't condescending, aye OK.

Whatever your opinion, you still cannot categorically say that each of those teams has a divine right to be better next season. Both Aberdeen and Hibs spent far more money than we did this season and look how that panned out.

Last edited by Arabdownsouth (12/5/2022 8:17 pm)

 

13/5/2022 3:54 am  #48


Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

Tek wrote:

Very surprising score line and performance from Utd tonight (happily), particularly given our rag tag starting XI.

To be completely honest that is the best we have played for months, in terms of organisation, running, fight, coming back from adversity and actually trying to take the game to an opponent.

No idea what game the poster @stilliving was watching.

I thought Kieran Freeman showed conclusively tonight what we have missed from him at RWB/RM. He got forward to great effect when he could and him doubling up with Liam Smith on Celtic's left sided threats meant they only got through on that side once really all night (Benji's great save from Jota).

There were no failures tonight but i thought special praise should be merited for Levitt, Freeman, Smith and McMann. Mulgrew when he came on was excellent and a wee word for Nicky Clark. Ran himself into the ground tonight, with his off the ball pressing, and he talked young Rory McLeod through the entire game i noticed, and told him where to run etc.

Watched wee Rory carefully and even though he was starved of service i did see things i liked from him.

1) He played close to Clark all night. I hate it when Utd Strikers play miles apart.
2) The only chance he had (which was a half chance at best) he only had one thing on his mind, turn towards goal and get a shot off. No sideways or backwards passing. Seems a proper goal scorer in the making.

So, a very welcome and surprising point against the Champions. We drew with them at Tannadice 0-0 last season under Mellon about this time of year. But that was a far more impressive performance tonight. Particularly given the personnel available.

In the end i was actually a wee bit disappointed we never handed Celtic their first league loss since last September, given how many chances we created in the 2nd half.

Would have to offer Tam Courts a congratulations and well done on securing European football for the club. This is a very real and tangible success for the club.

I have been very critical of him and our play (and other aspects of the club), but it would be churlish of me to not offer my best wishes now he has delivered some success for Utd. It is his maiden season in charge as Utd Manager and he has had a huge learning curve in every way possible but weathered the storm. That deserves some acknowledgment (if not praise) from even his loudest detractors (of which i am one).

On to Saturday now and i really hope that with the pressure off the players they can go up to Dingwall on Saturday, enjoy their football, put on a good performance, score a few goals and help the club secure 4th place in style in front of a large and vociferous Utd away support.

The Premiership prize monies for 4th and 5th in the division are as follows.

4th = 1.81M
5th = 1.68M

So, securing 4th on Saturday could be worth £113,000 to the club.

Or the equivalent of a few hundred adult season tickets sold in the Eddie Thompson Lower.

A win on Saturday is big for the club.

 

 I read somewhere else it was a difference of 500,000 between 4th and 5th. Would like to see the current odds for United and Motherwell to finish 4th. I’d have us as favourites(only just mind you). 

https://www.totalsportal.com/football/scottish-premiership-prize-money/amp/
 

Last edited by japanarab (13/5/2022 3:58 am)


It's not where you're from it's where you're at.
 

13/5/2022 11:11 am  #49


Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

That's interesting JA.

My information was from this article (dated the same as yours funnily enough).

Who knows what one is actually accurate (hopefully yours).

https://www.sportekz.com/football/scottish-premiership-prize-money/

     Thread Starter
 

13/5/2022 11:44 am  #50


Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:


 Maybe be a bit more clear? You're still refusing to accept that whether you like it or not the club has been on an upwards trajectory since the Ogrens and yes Asghar too came on board.

Also no need to be fucking condescending either, cheers though

Not sure where you are getting that from!  I'd be thick as pig shit if I denied an upward trajectory on the playing field given we're up a whole division since Ogren coming in.  As I said I think Asghar has wasted Ogrens money and the danger there is that Ogren decides that he's maybe a little fed up of his investment.  He is a Republican Trump voter after all - the same people who want to become more isolationist.  So whilst we have improved on the pitch (although we aren't great truth be told) I am not convinced that the finances are similarly rosy.  The conveyor belt of talent to sell (which is the only real plan) is not quite there yet (although clearly a work in progress) so we must still be in somewhat of a perilous position.  You've proclaimed non interest in the finances before, I think, and that is up to you, but for me that is a key factor and I don't think Asghar is the man to grow the club back on that front and give Ogren the return that he sold him at the start.  Just my opinion - but explains my stance.

Not trying to be condescending, cheers though.

 
So the remark about word processing wasn't condescending, aye OK.

Whatever your opinion, you still cannot categorically say that each of those teams has a divine right to be better next season. Both Aberdeen and Hibs spent far more money than we did this season and look how that panned out.

I thought the word processing one was more factual, but you're probably righthttps://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons2/winking.png
.

However, I never mentioned anything about a divine right to be better - just an opinion that they will be - an opinion that, as I said, most in Scottish football will share.  We certainly don't have a divine right to finish in the top 6 even if we play better than we did this season - which hopefully will be the case.  I'm simply not understanding why you think any of that is "crazy logic" as you insisted at the start.  To me it is more likely than not that Hibs, Aberdeen and others will not be as poor as they have been this season - hardly a "crazy" assertion.

 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum