Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/5/2022 11:56 pm  #1

The Rangers Vs Utd - Sunday 8th May

What team and formation would you like to see on Sunday at Ibrox?

05/5/2022 10:19 am  #2

Re: The Rangers Vs Utd - Sunday 8th May

What I think the team will be:

Benji

Edwards
Mulgrew
Graham

Niskanen
Levitt
McDonald
Smith
McMann

Watt
Clark

What I want the team to be:

Benji

Neilson
Edwards
Graham

Freeman
Levitt
McDonald
Meekison
McMann

Mochrie
Watt

Last edited by LarsErikKjell (05/5/2022 10:20 am)

05/5/2022 10:59 am  #3

LarsErikKjell wrote:

What I think the team will be:

Benji

Edwards
Mulgrew
Graham

Niskanen
Levitt
McDonald
Smith
McMann

Watt
Clark

What I want the team to be:

Benji

Neilson
Edwards
Graham

Freeman
Levitt
McDonald
Meekison
McMann

Mochrie
Watt

I like your team better

07/5/2022 2:52 am  #4

They must be leggy after Thursday night and having played so many games twice a week for weeks on end.

Utd really need to spray the ball about and make them run themselves out.

My team would be -

............................Benji......................
.......Mulgrew....Edwards....Graham....
..Freeman...............................McMann
........Meekison....Mochrie...Levitt....
.....................Clark...Watt..........

Subs - Eriksson, Neilson, Cudjoe, Macleod
McDonald, Sporle, Niskanen, L.Smith, Moore

07/5/2022 6:24 am  #5

First 20 minutes are massive. The atmosphere from their last game may carry over into this one, and we can't afford to lose an early goal.

I'd go with TEKs team, maybe with McDonald in midfield for his experience.   

07/5/2022 1:11 pm  #6

Unfortunately I believe regardless of what line up we start with the Rangers 2nd 11 will be too strong Utd.

07/5/2022 1:40 pm  #7

Stillliving wrote:

Unfortunately I believe regardless of what line up we start with the Rangers 2nd 11 will be too strong Utd.

That’s the attitude 🙌🏼

08/5/2022 1:22 am  #8

Tony Watt needs a goal today.

Above all he was signed to score goals for Utd.

08/5/2022 4:37 pm  #9

Absolutely fucking rotten, all over the pitch

Major changes needed midfield to front in summer

08/5/2022 4:53 pm  #10

Another toothless performance against a team who have their minds on cup finals.

We didn’t lay a glove on them, what a waste of time and effort from the travelling Shed.

08/5/2022 5:38 pm  #11

Agree with both lads above.

Feking awful. Piss poor against Hun 2nd eleven virtually, who were in cruise control the whole game.

I’ve about had it with Courts. I’m not really one for being negative but Phuk me the amount of s.hite performances I’ve watched this season, dearie me. However we are still fourth which is an achievement and still in with a good shout of European football. So can’t argue with that I suppose.

08/5/2022 5:51 pm  #12

That was pathetic today. Men against boys (and that was largely their B team).

Tony Watt really doing my head in. Strolls about and doing nowhere near enough in a Utd shirt to justify his big wages and the transfer fee. His dive today pathetic, again. Get off the fucking ground Tony.

The team selection today all over the place. Now i know our options are severely limited but......

McMann has been our best player in the past 2/3 games. He's bombed out today for Adrian Sporle at LWB (who plays the entire 90), despite the fact the latter will be away from Utd in a week, never to return.

We've also barely seen a sniff of Cudjoe even from the bench (despite calling for it), even in home matches we are winning. Yet today he inexplicably starts at Ibrox up against experienced Internationalis like Steve Davis and Scott Arfield, who have about 100 caps between them. 

Bizarre stuff.

Also just wtaf does Kieran Freeman have to do to get a game for Utd? One of the few players in our team who actually carries the ball forward and tries to get service into the box for Strikers. 

08/5/2022 6:58 pm  #13

Not worried about today. The games that matter to us are against Ross County, Motherwell etc, not against the Europa League finalists.

A free hit, we move on to Wednesday.

08/5/2022 7:22 pm  #14

Tek wrote:

Tony Watt really doing my head in. Strolls about and doing nowhere near enough in a Utd shirt to justify his big wages and the transfer fee. His dive today pathetic, again. Get off the fucking ground Tony.

The team selection today all over the place. Now i know our options are severely limited but......

McMann has been our best player in the past 2/3 games. He's bombed out today for Adrian Sporle at LWB (who plays the entire 90), despite the fact the latter will be away from Utd in a week, never to return.

We've also barely seen a sniff of Cudjoe even from the bench (despite calling for it), even in home matches we are winning. Yet today he inexplicably starts at Ibrox up against experienced Internationalis like Steve Davis and Scott Arfield, who have about 100 caps between them. 

Bizarre stuff.

Also just wtaf does Kieran Freeman have to do to get a game for Utd? One of the few players in our team who actually carries the ball forward and tries to get service into the box for Strikers. 

Maybe just trying to manage the squad rotation the best he can in a game we were always likely to lose? As many fit bodies as possible for next Saturday is vital.

Also, we pretty much had our B team out if that was theirs and their B team is worth millions, ours is worth buttons.

Last edited by Arabdownsouth (08/5/2022 7:23 pm)

08/5/2022 8:02 pm  #15

What a sh1t gehm that was. Hardly laid a finger on them. Widna been so bad if it was their 1st team, but it was largely a bunch oe bairns.

Eh actually thought it was gonna end up a 0-0 drah, the way the gehm was going but…….

Defo a Pen. Thought it was gonna be a Red caird for Benji. We were just aboot huddin on till then, but that lifted they chunts.

WTF was Archie thinkon oe. Puckin suicide.

Canna understand how Freeman never got a gehm. And sorry to say this, and no for the 1st time but McDonald was struggling the day.

Dinna think we had 1 shot on target, and only twa or 3 on the goal. How can some chunt no just hit the phuckin ba. Nothing to loose. If ye dinna shoot ye canna score.

Big cheenges needed.

MOTM for me Ross Graham.

08/5/2022 8:32 pm  #16

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

Bizarre stuff.

Maybe just trying to manage the squad rotation the best he can in a game we were always likely to lose? As many fit bodies as possible for next Saturday is vital.

Also, we pretty much had our B team out if that was theirs and their B team is worth millions, ours is worth buttons.

He never plays Freeman though.

08/5/2022 8:35 pm  #17

Billy_Hainey wrote:

MOTM for me Ross Graham.

Thought him (and Neilson) looked very accomplished in the 1st half, Bill.

2nd half though i thought Graham had a bit of a torrid time up against their young Man Utd loanee, and he was rightfully subbed off.

That is my big problem with the three at the back. When we are up against genuine pace we get exposed badly down the flanks. Tam did try and change it tbf and went 4 at the back, but damage was done by then.

08/5/2022 11:10 pm  #18

Was Neilson injured?  Thought he had played well and we looked weaker in second half without him. 

Piss poor performance from United.  Fear the worst on Wednesday now.

08/5/2022 11:48 pm  #19

Snacks94 wrote:

Was Neilson injured? Thought he had played well and we looked weaker in second half without him.

Piss poor performance from United. Fear the worst on Wednesday now.

Neilson certainly didn't look injured to me.

I think his sub was purely tactical to bring on McDonald and try and get on the ball more in centre mid.

Totally backfired though as McDonald was very poor and the backline looked weaker minus Neilson.

09/5/2022 4:33 am  #20

also don't get the aversion to playing Freeman at rb... especially when playing 3 at the back and when Smith has been as good as anyone else we've been playing in defensive mid of late. McDonald i didn't know much about as a player before he came in, but given his pedigree assumed that even if he didn't have legs he would still be quality on the ball or in positioning... unfortunately haven't seen anything from him that would suggest we should be offering him something for next season.

agree also that McMann has been back to early season form in the past couple of games, so unless we're resting folk now for the RC game seems a strange time to drop.

Tam appears to love throwing in a youngster in a big game - is this because it's a free hit, or because they know that the games with the OF are the best shop windows to get youngsters seen?  Cudjoe did well though and certainly preferred watching him to our other options up front.

Benji made a couple of good saves as usual, but is it just me or is he half a second slow to react to everything other than shots at the moment?  2 or 3 times again yesterday i thought he could have come out for balls but stayed rooted.

looking at the fixtures left it wouldn't be a surprise if we lost both games and still finished 4th.  crazy season.

motm - probably Graham

09/5/2022 7:55 am  #21

No one should be surprised to see that a makeshift Sevco team are still miles ahead of  of UTD.
It's not a great watch to see us playing like that but as this may come down to goal difference a 5or 6 goal tanking may have been the result that puts us down to 6th.

09/5/2022 8:02 am  #22

Stillliving wrote:

No one should be surprised to see that a makeshift Sevco team are still miles ahead of  of UTD.
It's not a great watch to see us playing like that but as this may come down to goal difference a 5or 6 goal tanking may have been the result that puts us down to 6th.

Whilst I fully agree that they are much better than we are, we sent a team of 16 year olds there earlier in the season and they put up far more of a fight than we did yesterday. I still fail to see why that was the last time some of those young lads played for the first team.

09/5/2022 8:38 am  #23

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

No one should be surprised to see that a makeshift Sevco team are still miles ahead of of UTD.

Whilst I fully agree that they are much better than we are, we sent a team of 16 year olds there earlier in the season and they put up far more of a fight than we did yesterday. I still fail to see why that was the last time some of those young lads played for the first team.

and why was that? Cause the young players are not scared to take the ball and keep it, some of our "senior players" are cowards in that respect

09/5/2022 10:47 am  #24

dufc2019 wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

No one should be surprised to see that a makeshift Sevco team are still miles ahead of of UTD.

and why was that? Cause the young players are not scared to take the ball and keep it, some of our "senior players" are cowards in that respect

Cowards is not a word required to describe football players

09/5/2022 11:43 am  #25

That touch from Meekison  for the 2nd  Ooofttt

Board footera