Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/6/2022 12:24 am  #201

Re: Summer Transfer Window

SuperMario wrote:

Scottish Premiership
2022/2023 New Signings
As at 23/06

Hibernian 7
St.Mirren 6
Aberdeen 5
Kilmarnock 4
Livingston 4
Celtic 3
Hearts 3
Ross County 3
St.Johnstone 2
Motherwell 2
Rangers 1
Dundee Utd 0

Includes loans and loans made permanent

Been the worst Summer for signings (or even rumours) that i can ever remember being a Utd fan of nearly 40 years. And that's saying something.

As things stand we have to replace the entire midfield of Harkes, Butcher, McDonald and Levitt.

We don't have a Goalkeeper on the books who has played even 1 minute of football for the club.

We have no new attacking players in at all.

And we are one (versatile) Defender down in Lewis Neilson. Two if you include Calum Butcher.

We need about 6-8 signings in and we need them asap to give these players time to adjust to the club, so we can hit the ground running when the season starts.

Mr Asghar. Time to deliver.

24/6/2022 8:25 am  #202

24/6/2022 10:44 am  #203

Courier saying we are moving for Christian Doidge. Hopefully get him in on a free.

24/6/2022 11:04 am  #204

Surprise surprise, Hearts interested as well. They seem to be this year's Hibs.!!

25/6/2022 11:00 pm  #205

Apparently contact has been made with Man Utd over another loan deal for Dylan Levitt.

Oh how I am praying hard for this to happen.
https://twitter.com/Record_Sport/status/1540812074867105796?t=LyCYDQayyqCew4U-zrkrBQ&s=19

25/6/2022 11:03 pm  #206

ArabChris wrote:

Apparently contact has been made with Man Utd over another loan deal for Dylan Levitt.

Oh how I am praying hard for this to happen.
https://twitter.com/Record_Sport/status/1540812074867105796?t=LyCYDQayyqCew4U-zrkrBQ&s=19

Be something wrong if we weren’t trying to get Levitt back, be surprised but delighted if it happens.  Have a feeling Asghar maybe just getting story out to let fans know we are actually trying to make signings, doesn’t sound like anything’s imminent.

25/6/2022 11:46 pm  #207

Can’t see it happening, he was close to signing for Wayne Rooney’s team until he left., was he not.

26/6/2022 10:50 am  #208

Apparently we are pushing for a permanent deal for Levitt...

26/6/2022 12:31 pm  #209

LarsErikKjell wrote:

While that would be wonderful, I'm not sure how they would work for any party.

It is safe to say his Manchester United salary, even as a squad player, will be in excess of out budget. As we know, he's just signed a new contract so there would be a transfer fee to pay, I'm certain the market value of a full international player currently at Manchester United is again well out of our budget. Other clubs would surely outbid us, comfortably.

From the players point of view, why would he cut his ties with Manchester United so soon after being given a new contract to go to the Scottish league permanently. I would imagine he is highly motivated to prove himself worthy of a place in the first team squad at Old Trafford. I'm not sure he's ready to give that dream up yet.

So in my view a loan suits all parties - he can continue to develop, is all but guaranteed first team football in the run up to the world cup, and Man United can continue to monitor him with a view to his long term future.

Let's see though, I would be delighted if you are correct and I'm wrong.

26/6/2022 1:24 pm  #210

Reading between the lines, do we think Jack Ross doesn’t quite fancy Harkes?

26/6/2022 7:48 pm  #211

MockChop wrote:

Hopefully. He’s average at best. We could sign way better.

26/6/2022 7:50 pm  #212

MockChop wrote:

I did wonder if he had got wind of what we were allegedly going to give Harkes for a 1 year deal and thought 'I could sign two players with that wage'.

26/6/2022 10:05 pm  #213

LarsErikKjell wrote:

"permanent"
Where are you hearing that one LEK ?

26/6/2022 11:05 pm  #214

SuperMario wrote:

Christian doidge told he can leave hibs

Away to Portugal with Hibs for their Pre-Season camp.

Doesn't look like he's imminently signing.

26/6/2022 11:09 pm  #215

Don’t expect any signings until end of the week, be good to know one way or the other with Harkes.

Levitt I fear is just noise from Asghar - hope I’m wrong obviously but he does like to talk up positive things that never quite happen

26/6/2022 11:22 pm  #216

Seen Harkes being criticised for not being hard enough or not having enough "heart".

We've had our fair share of players with "heart" who couldn't trap a bag of cement. Don't recall any of them chipping in with a number of key goals in big games, or winning our player of the year.

The lad is technically very good and has a fantastic engine. He isn't the complete package, because he wouldn't be playing for us if he was. But I can't for the life of me understand the eagerness of some folk to see him gone. This "we could sign way better" is nothing more than hope. There are no guarantees. We could also sign way worse, and we have done - many times, and that's just over the past 6 or 7 years.

I don't know anything about the amounts being rumoured, but if he wants to stay and we can agree an acceptable deal, I'd be delighted to keep him.

27/6/2022 12:40 am  #217

United Arab Emarite wrote:

Canadian Arab wrote:

Seen Harkes being criticised for not being hard enough or not having enough "heart".

We've had our fair share of players with "heart" who couldn't trap a bag of cement. Don't recall any of them chipping in with a number of key goals in big games, or winning our player of the year.

The lad is technically very good and has a fantastic engine. He isn't the complete package, because he wouldn't be playing for us if he was. But I can't for the life of me understand the eagerness of some folk to see him gone. This "we could sign way better" is nothing more than hope. There are no guarantees. We could also sign way worse, and we have done - many times, and that's just over the past 6 or 7 years.
I don't know anything about the amounts being rumoured, but if he wants to stay and we can agree an acceptable deal, I'd be delighted to keep him.

My opinion is as per yours CA, can't put it better myself.

If rumours are to believed, the amount of wages we were gonna pay him would make him Utd's highest paid player ever. And by quite a distance too.

I actually don't mind Harkes, but he isn't worthy of the wage or the pursuit of him (deal been on the table for weeks and weeks).

If he isn't signed and at training tomorrow, let's move on.

27/6/2022 4:54 am  #218

He's not worth a wage that would make him our highest paid player ever Tek - no doubt. As you say, though - rumours. I'll wait and see what actually happens.
As some have said, could be something as simple as he's still in the US because he still isn't over the injury he got at the end of last season. For all we know he might be heading back in a week and has told them he'll sign then. Again, happy to wait and see. I don't think we will be holding back on pursuing other targets because Harkes is messing the club around - doubt the club would put up with that, tbh.
Plenty of actual problems to lose sleep over without worrying about things that could be complete pish!

27/6/2022 7:05 am  #219

Tek wrote:

Canadian Arab wrote:

If rumours are to believed, the amount of wages we were gonna pay him would make him Utd's highest paid player ever. And by quite a distance too.

I actually don't mind Harkes, but he isn't worthy of the wage or the pursuit of him (deal been on the table for weeks and weeks).

McInnes was 9k a week. There is no way in the world we've offered him even half of that. He'll have 2.5 a week on the table would be my best guess.

27/6/2022 8:38 am  #220

Tek wrote:

Canadian Arab wrote:

agree, players like harkes are ten a penny i wouldnt be paying him over the odds

27/6/2022 12:20 pm  #221

It’s July on Friday and so far we’ve released 10 first team players and signed nobody.

Totally unacceptable from the club.

We need 5 or 6 blah blah. Utter shite talk.

27/6/2022 12:26 pm  #222

RogerTheAlien wrote:

It’s July on Friday and so far we’ve released 10 first team players and signed nobody.

So in your opinion we will be going into the new season as we are? I think folk need to calm down

27/6/2022 12:42 pm  #223

If we don't have a few signed by the end of this week then I'll start to worry, till then it's chill time guys.

27/6/2022 12:43 pm  #224

Arabdownsouth wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

So in your opinion we will be going into the new season as we are? I think folk need to calm down

It’s the fact we’re sitting pissing about while other teams have signed boys and are already gelling a team. Been 11 weeks since we got the top 6 and 7 weeks since we got Europe, why wasn’t there work done then?

27/6/2022 12:44 pm  #225

Had heard at the weekend rumours about Alex Gogic, not surprising considering Jack Ross signed him at Hibs.

Board footera