Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/6/2022 11:27 pm  #151

Re: Summer Transfer Window

Tek wrote:

Mullen signing on Wednesday is the word.

Scott Burns rubbished that rumour weeks back and I believe the rumour resurfaced from a well known bluenose on Mad? So might need a pinch of salt with that one.

19/6/2022 11:28 pm  #152

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Tek wrote:

Mullen signing on Wednesday is the word.

Scott Burns rubbished that rumour weeks back and I believe the rumour resurfaced from a well known bluenose on Mad? So might need a pinch of salt with that one.

Yep I fell for it earlier, sincerely hope we are looking for much better

20/6/2022 3:04 am  #153

Surely no - yet another journeyman/pool player

20/6/2022 5:55 am  #154

at least he's no McNulty

20/6/2022 7:18 am  #155

Atleast we're starting to get rumours!

20/6/2022 7:37 am  #156

BMT wrote:

Atleast we're starting to get rumours!

Some rumours are good, some not so much.

20/6/2022 9:23 am  #157

Ian harkes 'interests' Morecombe.

If we are getting beaten to players by Morecombe, we'd be as well give up now.

This is totally contrary to the rumour that he will sign a 1 year deal

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

20/6/2022 9:45 am  #158

Not that bothered about Ian Harkes. Wouldn’t ever let someone like him give us the the run around, if he doesn’t want to resign then beat it.

21/6/2022 12:18 pm  #159

Tele and Courier reporting that we’re after Jamie McGrath from Wigan, boy was excellent at St Mirren.

This is the type of player we should be after.

21/6/2022 12:22 pm  #160

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Tele and Courier reporting that we’re after Jamie McGrath from Wigan, boy was excellent at St Mirren.

be tricky competing with aberdeen this year they have a pot of money

21/6/2022 12:36 pm  #161

dufc2019 wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

be tricky competing with aberdeen this year they have a pot of money

Presumably its a loan deal since he has only managed 2 appearances from January?  Aberdeen might not be keen on getting someone else's player match fit.  Although Goodwin brought him into St Mirren so I'd assume they'll also fancy the player.

21/6/2022 12:40 pm  #162

I would be happy to see this signing happen and keeping fingers crossed it can.

But it's no surprise Aberdeen are linked as well given Goodwin is there and it was Goodwin McGrath played under at St Mirren.

Jack Ross did try to take him to Hibs though but sure there was paperwork issues that meant that deal did not go through

21/6/2022 12:54 pm  #163

We’re guaranteed at least 470K from uefa for the 3rd UCL round and 1.8 million from the league for 4th last year so what ever Aberdeen do i’d expect us to match them, this would be a real signing of intent.

Last edited by RogerTheAlien (21/6/2022 12:55 pm)

21/6/2022 4:21 pm  #164

They've just sold Ramsey for 5m (is the figure I've heard) - we are nowhere near them financially. Infact, financially. We are probably 6th in the league

And we've to re coup losses from our jolly to alloa and Dumbarton away

Last edited by Tangy (21/6/2022 4:22 pm)

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

21/6/2022 4:43 pm  #165

RogerTheAlien wrote:

We’re guaranteed at least 470K from uefa for the 3rd UCL round and 1.8 million from the league for 4th last year so what ever Aberdeen do i’d expect us to match them, this would be a real signing of intent.

Are you just back from North Korea

They are minted now

21/6/2022 5:21 pm  #166

If Aberdeen want any player that we want they will get him.

22/6/2022 1:40 am  #167

Benji signing 4 year deal for Celtic then.

Don't hold any malice against him tbh. Was a good player for us and don't blame him wanting a fresh start away from Dundee after all the shit with his Missus and Butcher.

He gave us 4 good years. Hopefully we have a new Keeper coming in asap who will strongly challenge Eriksson for the No.1 spot.

22/6/2022 2:13 am  #168

Tek wrote:

Don't hold any malice against him tbh. Was a good player for us and don't blame him wanting a fresh start away from Dundee after all the shit with his Missus and Butcher.

He gave us 4 good years. Hopefully we have a new Keeper coming in asap who will strongly challenge Eriksson for the No.1 spot.

Plays for them now so is dead to me I'm afraid. If he'd gone to England or abroad no problem. Zaluska mk 11

22/6/2022 6:42 am  #169

Benji is miles better than Zalukska imo. Benji single handedly kept us in a number of games last season so I hold him in a much higher regard.

Plus, he is a better goalie than Joe Hart. He'll have the no.1 jersey before too long.

As Tek said, no malice here. If someone offers you (I'm guessing) 6 or 7 times of your wages to do pretty much the same job, you do it. Fair enough.

22/6/2022 6:59 am  #170

Disappointed in Siegrists lack of ambition. Before he came to UTD he had spent most of his career as a back up goalie  now at the age of 30 he is happy to do that again.
It makes me question just how much he actually enjoys the game.
Hart is getting back to performances that saw him win 75 caps for England, Benji will not get a look In.

22/6/2022 7:37 am  #171

Stillliving wrote:

Disappointed in Siegrists lack of ambition. Before he came to UTD he had spent most of his career as a back up goalie  now at the age of 30 he is happy to do that again.
It makes me question just how much he actually enjoys the game.
Hart is getting back to performances that saw him win 75 caps for England, Benji will not get a look In.

In multiple interviews during his time here, Benji said he doesnt watch football. Watched goalies when he was younger but doesnt really care about anything other than being a goalie. So I dont think he actually does enjoy the game. Maybe one of those players that just sees it as a job as does it for the paycheck.

Time will tell if he gets a look in, I stand by what I said - he is a better goalie overall than Joe Hart and I think in time he'll put pressure on him for the jersey.

22/6/2022 9:46 am  #172

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Benji is miles better than Zalukska imo. Benji single handedly kept us in a number of games last season so I hold him in a much higher regard.

Plus, he is a better goalie than Joe Hart. He'll have the no.1 jersey before too long.

As Tek said, no malice here. If someone offers you (I'm guessing) 6 or 7 times of your wages to do pretty much the same job, you do it. Fair enough.

This. Who cares, was brilliant for us

Got to remember these guys don’t support united, take the shed shades off and realise this is a brilliant move for him, Joe hart won’t have much longer at Celtic

22/6/2022 9:47 am  #173

Hope United are in for Christian doidge, exactly what we need imo

22/6/2022 10:03 am  #174

SuperMario wrote:

Hope United are in for Christian doidge, exactly what we need imo

Contracted until 2024 I believe

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/christian-doidge-signs-new-two-year-deal#:~:text=We%20are%20delighted%20to%20announce,that%27ll%20run%20until%202024.

Last edited by Arabdownsouth (22/6/2022 10:05 am)

22/6/2022 10:41 am  #175

Tek wrote:

Best of luck Benji.
Thought you'd have got yourself out of the fishbowl.

Board footera