Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/6/2022 4:53 pm  #126

Re: Summer Transfer Window

Butcher to Motherwell apparently

13/6/2022 7:50 pm  #127

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Pish window so far, not even been linked with anyone- bored.

I'd say it's good the club keep their business private until there is some news, instead of wild and pointless rumours.

Sorry you're bored though.

Mario, no my place where you're coming from with "bored" but I think it's more out of exasperation and frustration.

AU - teft field as ever - it's mebbe slipped you're notice mate but this is a Discusion Board so we're free to come up with wild and pointless rumours as you see them.  Bollocks  in that opinion, for me the opposite - accurate, early inside stories.

You say  'the club should keep their business private "
Pigs arse - Ahm up at 2 or 4 every Sunday morning to watch United, no tae mention 5,000 so far Season Ticket buyers, no tae mention the thousnds that travel to the likes of Livi on a freezing pishy rain night to watch garbage and turn out Saturday - that is a complete insult.

Cannae make up ma mind if you've anything valid to discuss or just a tit ?

- - - - - - - - - - 

Neilson: I guess Tony's staff are running round like headless chooks asking who did what.
If we've fucked up big time - no surprise, there's history there. If we have fucked up blame rests fair and square with TA - it's his job, simple as that, but furthermore he was the one interviewed the other day who told us he worked for United 24/7
Conversely if Hearts are simply trying it on - no surprise there either, there's ample recent history of that.
You'd think though that Hearts and young Lewis' agents  might be have concocted something between themselves to come come up with their "free transfer" statement.

The club will understandably keep it to themselves meantime, but no AU it's not their business and it's not private.

Nice quiet $100k I suspect, and us a selling club

Sir, you have misrepresented me somewhat. My statement wasn't that the club should keep their business private. My statement was that the club should keep their business private UNTIL there is news to report rather than entertain wild rumours and hearsay.

Once their have been developments as regards signings, staff etc then of course the fans should be the first to know.

Thanks.

Last edited by AlwaysUnited (13/6/2022 7:51 pm)

13/6/2022 10:29 pm  #128

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

I'd say it's good the club keep their business private until there is some news, instead of wild and pointless rumours.

Sorry you're bored though.

Mario, no my place where you're coming from with "bored" but I think it's more out of exasperation and frustration.

AU - teft field as ever - it's mebbe slipped you're notice mate but this is a Discusion Board so we're free to come up with wild and pointless rumours as you see them.  Bollocks  in that opinion, for me the opposite - accurate, early inside stories.

You say  'the club should keep their business private "
Pigs arse - Ahm up at 2 or 4 every Sunday morning to watch United, no tae mention 5,000 so far Season Ticket buyers, no tae mention the thousnds that travel to the likes of Livi on a freezing pishy rain night to watch garbage and turn out Saturday - that is a complete insult.

Cannae make up ma mind if you've anything valid to discuss or just a tit ?

- - - - - - - - - - 

Neilson: I guess Tony's staff are running round like headless chooks asking who did what.
If we've fucked up big time - no surprise, there's history there. If we have fucked up blame rests fair and square with TA - it's his job, simple as that, but furthermore he was the one interviewed the other day who told us he worked for United 24/7
Conversely if Hearts are simply trying it on - no surprise there either, there's ample recent history of that.
You'd think though that Hearts and young Lewis' agents  might be have concocted something between themselves to come come up with their "free transfer" statement.

The club will understandably keep it to themselves meantime, but no AU it's not their business and it's not private.

Nice quiet $100k I suspect, and us a selling club

Sir, you have misrepresented me somewhat. My statement wasn't that the club should keep their business private. My statement was that the club should keep their business private UNTIL there is news to report rather than entertain wild rumours and hearsay.

Once their have been developments as regards signings, staff etc then of course the fans should be the first to know.

Thanks.

Fair enough, take your point on the "until" thing.

Other than that no misrepresentation.
You're misrepresenting yourself just fine.

- We as supporters have a vested interest in the club's future so I go back to saying that it's bollocks to suggest that it's "their business" as you clearly state. Sorry but it's our business.

- - - - - - - -

Now, as I see it whether we like it or not it's detrimental/never going to happen that we are kept abreast of what's going on on a daily basis. However we have a vested interested not only financially but in terms of the colour of our blood .

In general I'd like to see more clarity and less redaction.

Two or three specific examples - and I keep coming back to TA, but here's a man who claims to have 24/7 involvement in the club but lives in the west of Scotland.     Worse we have this perpetual inability to augment and improve on the squad despite it's being crystal where improvements are needed (Indeed we manage to stuff things up - Pawlett.)
  To say that we as fans " should be the first to know" re signings etc. ...
Agree, but naive wishful thinking.

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (13/6/2022 10:31 pm)

14/6/2022 11:24 am  #129

Ahh, the old west of Scotland issue again.....

14/6/2022 11:59 am  #130

It’s been 10 weeks since we got the top 6. It’s been 5 weeks since we qualified for Europe.

In that time we released 10 first team members: Benji, Sporle, McDonald, Hoti, Levitt, McNulty, Harkes, Neilson, Biamou, Carson.

Apart from Levitt, all other 9 are easy replaced and the club would’ve known for months they were on the way out.

Why wasn’t work done in January?

All we’ve heard is we failed to sign Alan Forrest and we were living in cuckoo land trying to get Levitt back.

Piss poor from the club so far.

Last edited by RogerTheAlien (14/6/2022 12:00 pm)

14/6/2022 1:08 pm  #131

RogerTheAlien wrote:

It’s been 10 weeks since we got the top 6. It’s been 5 weeks since we qualified for Europe.

In that time we released 10 first team members: Benji, Sporle, McDonald, Hoti, Levitt, McNulty, Harkes, Neilson, Biamou, Carson.

Apart from Levitt, all other 9 are easy replaced and the club would’ve known for months they were on the way out.

All we’ve heard is we failed to sign Alan Forrest and we were living in cuckoo land trying to get Levitt back.

Totally agree

We seemed to start negotiations on renewals quite late and then were told of a meeting in March/ April to identify targets for next season by which time you have missed some of the players moving under freedom of contract.

Harkes still has not signed and even if he does it seems to be a 1 year extension.

15/6/2022 3:29 pm  #132

SuperMario wrote:

Butcher to Motherwell apparently

He's still here just noo. Spoke to him in the Ferry at dehner time the day.

15/6/2022 4:13 pm  #133

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Totally agree

We seemed to start negotiations on renewals quite late and then were told of a meeting in March/ April to identify targets for next season by which time you have missed some of the players moving under freedom of contract.

Harkes still has not signed and even if he does it seems to be a 1 year extension.

Harkes still in the US. Canna sign fae there.

15/6/2022 5:29 pm  #134

Fax? Email? Carrier Pigeon? 🤣

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

15/6/2022 11:45 pm  #135

Tangy wrote:

Fax? Email? Carrier Pigeon? 🤣

Stick with Carrier Pigeon 

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (15/6/2022 11:51 pm)

16/6/2022 10:49 pm  #136

See that Considine's signed for the Johnnie's in a 2 year contract. (2nd bottom finish side).

Think that's a pity, and he would have been a no bad signing for us.

16/6/2022 11:25 pm  #137

Left sided centre half is the bottom of our list for summer signings I’d have thought

17/6/2022 7:07 am  #138

Billy_Hainey wrote:

See that Considine's signed for the Johnnie's in a 2 year contract. (2nd bottom finish side).

Think that's a pity, and he would have been a no bad signing for us.

Surplus to requirement at 10th place sheep shagging bastards, no thanks.

17/6/2022 7:47 pm  #139

IMHO our top priorities are:

Big striker
Winger
Defensive midfielder x 2
Goalkeeper
Striker with pace

Would also be good if we signed:

Attacking midfielder/N10
Left back/wing back

This is assuming Harkes signs a new deal.

Too much commotion

17/6/2022 8:16 pm  #140

^wasnt the story that Harkes was signing a 1 year extension?

If true, that’s pointless

17/6/2022 8:58 pm  #141

Need at least 4 attackers, who all offer something different we are so one dimensional it’s unreal, Clark and watt both drop deep, immi just runs about and try’s hard (James Milner esq) and offers v little going forward and that’s about all we have atm, we have no idea if chalmers will step up after his good loan spell

Midfield wise we have meekison and harkes, midfielders needed

Defensively we need a right sided centre half

And a goalie to challenge the Finland lad

19/6/2022 2:51 pm  #142

Heard Danny Mullen will be Jack Ross’s first signing, Ross signed him previously when he was at St Mirren.

19/6/2022 3:46 pm  #143

Snacks94 wrote:

Heard Danny Mullen will be Jack Ross’s first signing, Ross signed him previously when he was at St Mirren.

An ex funster with a 1 goal every 5 games record, uninspired to say the least

19/6/2022 3:54 pm  #144

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Snacks94 wrote:

Not too enthralled either.  Could be shite, someone just said they’d heard about it and posted in a WhatsApp group I’m in.

19/6/2022 3:59 pm  #145

Snacks94 wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Snacks94 wrote:

Not too enthralled either.  Could be shite, someone just said they’d heard about it and posted in a WhatsApp group I’m in.

Apparently it's a funster who posted it on Mad, might be pinch of salt stuff tbh, fucking hope so!

19/6/2022 5:18 pm  #146

mule en was linked months ago, before he left dundee. maybe he was already a pre contract.

19/6/2022 8:25 pm  #147

Hope this ain't true.

We need to move our recruitment up a level and this lad showed absolutely nothing when we played them.

I've got my fingers crossed this pre-season for some real quality coming in, particularly in the forward areas.

Go and see if Shankland fancies it or someone of that ilk.

19/6/2022 8:39 pm  #148

Hearts apparently pretty close to signing Shankland and alot are pretty unimpressed.!! What a waste, he'd be idolised here again no doubt..

19/6/2022 9:05 pm  #149

Danny Mullen Faf, surely cannot be true

19/6/2022 10:17 pm  #150

Mullen signing on Wednesday is the word.

Board footera