Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



22/8/2022 1:50 am  #1001


Re: Summer Transfer Window

kiwiarab wrote:

Zander Clark is without a club, get him signed ASAP

We offered him a deal on a great wage, and him and his Agent fucked about, for weeks. Fuck him.

We do need to bin one of the Goalies though before September 1st and just sign a proper one.

Just not Zander Clark. You either want to be here, or you don't.
 

 

22/8/2022 8:28 am  #1002


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Tony, see for the winter transfer window, can you just let whoever is the manager pick the players?  It's clear you don't have a clue.

 

22/8/2022 10:31 am  #1003


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Finn Seemann wrote:

Tony, see for the winter transfer window, can you just let whoever is the manager pick the players?  It's clear you don't have a clue.

 

Last edited by Arabdownsouth (22/8/2022 10:34 am)

 

25/8/2022 10:36 am  #1004


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Safranko’s been released by his South African club. Asghar tried to get him back in the Mellon season, might he go for him again?

 

25/8/2022 10:36 am  #1005


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Safranko 

👀

     Thread Starter
 

25/8/2022 11:16 am  #1006


Re: Summer Transfer Window

JerryDungle wrote:

Safranko’s been released by his South African club. Asghar tried to get him back in the Mellon season, might he go for him again?

 
For the love of God and all that is holy, no thanks. He barely scored in the championship, playing in an attacking team. He'd do bugger all in the Premier league.

 

25/8/2022 12:25 pm  #1007


Re: Summer Transfer Window

AlwaysUnited wrote:

JerryDungle wrote:

Safranko’s been released by his South African club. Asghar tried to get him back in the Mellon season, might he go for him again?

 
For the love of God and all that is holy, no thanks. He barely scored in the championship, playing in an attacking team. He'd do bugger all in the Premier league.

 
Tony Watt, 1 goal since January. Not much to beat.

 

25/8/2022 12:41 pm  #1008


Re: Summer Transfer Window

JerryDungle wrote:

Safranko’s been released by his South African club. Asghar tried to get him back in the Mellon season, might he go for him again?

If the Noel Hunt money covers it I'm in...

 

25/8/2022 1:45 pm  #1009


Re: Summer Transfer Window

AlwaysUnited wrote:

JerryDungle wrote:

Safranko’s been released by his South African club. Asghar tried to get him back in the Mellon season, might he go for him again?

 
For the love of God and all that is holy, no thanks. He barely scored in the championship, playing in an attacking team. He'd do bugger all in the Premier league.

He scored 15 goals whilst being used as a target man and out wide, not too shabby I would have thought.

 

25/8/2022 11:39 pm  #1011


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Safranko: 
Without knowing to much on how he's gone since he left us...
- We need attack.
- We need energy.
- We need commitment.
- We need options - Fletcher will pick up injuries at 36. The both of them are cutting forlorn figures at the front and Watt in particular looking frustrated.
- We need to do it quick smart.
If he's an option, I'd have him in a flash.

How come if there's any truth to it Tony's no already looked at it - you'd think he would have heard last trip to Sun City.

... Oh and get that CDM in before it's too late.

 

26/8/2022 12:32 am  #1012


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Safranko: 
Without knowing to much on how he's gone since he left us...
- We need attack.
- We need energy.
- We need commitment.
- We need options - Fletcher will pick up injuries at 36. The both of them are cutting forlorn figures at the front and Watt in particular looking frustrated.
- We need to do it quick smart.
If he's an option, I'd have him in a flash.

How come if there's any truth to it Tony's no already looked at it - you'd think he would have heard last trip to Sun City.

... Oh and get that CDM in before it's too late.

Safranko re-signed for his old Romanian club (Sepsi FC) earlier on this evening.


 

     Thread Starter
 

26/8/2022 7:14 am  #1013


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Tek wrote:

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Safranko: 
Without knowing to much on how he's gone since he left us...
- We need attack.
- We need energy.
- We need commitment.
- We need options - Fletcher will pick up injuries at 36. The both of them are cutting forlorn figures at the front and Watt in particular looking frustrated.
- We need to do it quick smart.
If he's an option, I'd have him in a flash.

How come if there's any truth to it Tony's no already looked at it - you'd think he would have heard last trip to Sun City.

... Oh and get that CDM in before it's too late.

Safranko re-signed for his old Romanian club (Sepsi FC) earlier on this evening.


 

Why does that no surprise me . ...
 

 

26/8/2022 10:25 am  #1014


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Going by Tony’s comments in the papers today looks like our business is done for this window.

 

26/8/2022 11:20 am  #1015


Re: Summer Transfer Window

BMT wrote:

Going by Tony’s comments in the papers today looks like our business is done for this window.

Understandable cos we were eventually happy with our 7 summer signings with Sadat Anaku making it 8.
Albeit most of the business was done on the late side so I would expect better results thro September once the new boys have had more time to gel & knit-in to the system.
Also patience is required with the new goalie & indeed with Eriksson who has done very little wrong in his 2 games,
But is getting pilloried for whatever reason, probably cos fans do need someone to pillory.
Iain Harkes comes into that category too, one of our few pass marks players v St Mirren but never a mention.
 

 

26/8/2022 1:34 pm  #1016


Re: Summer Transfer Window

I'd heard that our business was done weeks ago (bar the Ugandans) but that a re-assessment was needed due to the obvious CDM gap although strictly on an out first policy.  Maybe TA hasn't told anyone that they are surplus to requirements yet...

That makes sense to me.  Going past the window without a CDM coming in would be suicidal.

I see that JR is quoted in the press today as saying that a midfielder is a midfielder and you don't need defensive ones or attacking ones as they should ba able to do both (or words to that effect)....Lord give me hope...has he been watching the games?  If he genuinely thinks we just need Harkes, Levitt and McGrath to be more disciplined then we are doomed.  Surely he's got to be hoping for one more to plug that gap.  

Interestng that in the official news in July a "defensive midfielder" (according to our website - clearly hadn't consulted with managment), Finn Robson had gone to Kelty on loan.  Wonder if he'd be described as a defensive midfielder now...
 

Last edited by Finn Seemann (26/8/2022 4:37 pm)

 

26/8/2022 6:57 pm  #1017


Re: Summer Transfer Window

United Arab Emarite wrote:

BMT wrote:

Going by Tony’s comments in the papers today looks like our business is done for this window.

Understandable cos we were eventually happy with our 7 summer signings with Sadat Anaku making it 8.
Albeit most of the business was done on the late side so I would expect better results thro September once the new boys have had more time to gel & knit-in to the system.
Also patience is required with the new goalie & indeed with Eriksson who has done very little wrong in his 2 games,
But is getting pilloried for whatever reason, probably cos fans do need someone to pillory.
Iain Harkes comes into that category too, one of our few pass marks players v St Mirren but never a mention.
 

 
Very little wrong? Really?  Did you see that third goal at the weekend?

 

26/8/2022 9:57 pm  #1018


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Yes I did see the 3rd goal by St Mirren but we must be interpreting it differently.
Eriksson took a gamble by leaving the box trying to meet the ball & prevent a one-on-one inside the box.
It could easily have been the right choice but he didn't get the break of the ball.
Not an error in my book.
Was there anything else he did that didn't inspire you?

This reminds me of Siegrist's early days, he was getting a pelting. Mocked by the fans.
 

 

30/8/2022 1:32 pm  #1019


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Nicky Clark to st Johnstone

Really not sure how I feel about that, absolutely no doubt about it he would have finished our top scorer

Wonder who sanctioned this deal 🫣

Last edited by SuperMario (30/8/2022 1:34 pm)

 

30/8/2022 2:03 pm  #1020


Re: Summer Transfer Window

I'm disappointed tbh, he gets a lot of stick but he was our best striker the last two seasons.

Rather we didn't sell him to a rival either but Tony won't be giving a fuck about that.

All the best to him though, he's been an excellent servant to the club.

 

30/8/2022 2:12 pm  #1021


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Nicky clark was never going to play more than a handful of games this season with fletcher and watt ahead of him and the new Ugandan lad looking for minutes, having shown up well.

He takes a great pen and that's where the majority of his goals have come from.

It's the circle of life at any football team and the fact we've agreed a fee for a 31yo who barely plays isn't bad.

Thanks for your efforts nicky.


If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
 

30/8/2022 2:20 pm  #1022


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Wish him nothing but the very best.

Decent scoring record and he gave his all when wearing the Jersey. There are one or two more I would have tried to get out the door before him.

Played his part in getting us out of the championship and keeping us up.

He must be very frustrated watching some of the guys that have started before him this season.

 

30/8/2022 3:22 pm  #1023


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Wish him all the best.  Did a job for us and scored a lot of important goals.  Been far worse players in tangerine in the last 5 years.  Contributed more than Tony Watt since January.

 

30/8/2022 3:56 pm  #1024


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Wish him well and understand why he made the move, have respect for players who move to get more game time.

However as we were led to believe that we needed to move people out before we brought anyone in does this mean a signing is imminent and how would that work with us being without a manager at the moment?

 

30/8/2022 4:04 pm  #1025


Re: Summer Transfer Window

Maybe we're back in for Gogic now that Ross has gone?  On no, wait he signed for St Mirren....

 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum