Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/7/2022 9:21 am  #876

Re: Summer Transfer Window

Finn Seemann wrote:

Ross now talking about a midfielder (presumably holding) and another striking option. Where is the pace? Do we not do wingers any more?

He said attacking option to be fair so that could well be a pacy winger/striker

Last edited by LarsErikKjell (27/7/2022 9:22 am)

27/7/2022 2:25 pm  #877

Dunfermline looking to get Mochrie on loan. Apparently some competition for his signature though. League 1 is where he played with Montrose in the Covid season so he's very comfortable at that level. Would prefer him to have a go at the Championship but maybe a big club in league 1 with the pressure that comes with it will do him good. 

Definitely a classy player in there. Closest we've come to producing another Stuart Armstrong for me. Hope he smashes it wherever he goes. Meekison and Glass are probably slightly ahead of him in terms of current ability so it seems to make sense to get him some good minutes. 

27/7/2022 3:42 pm  #878

Hope he goes to any club other than Dunferrnline.

If Mochrie is going on loan, I suspect bodies coming in the other way won't be far off, I'd expect Glass, Duffy, Robson and Fotheringham to go on loan as well.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

27/7/2022 4:06 pm  #879

I'd say Glass would be better served being a squad player for us. His last two loans have ended in 1 season ending injury and 1 pointless spell at Killie where he played about 60 mins of football over 5 months (total guess btw)

27/7/2022 9:01 pm  #881

No offence to Jamie Robson, Scott McMann or anyone else but Utd haven't had a really solid Left Bank since Robbo left for Hull.

Looks like a good signing on paper this.

If he makes the World Cup Oz squad and plays games his wages will pay for themselves also.

27/7/2022 11:08 pm  #882

The wee write-up says he's a wing-back with pace. Looks like we're finally addressing some of the longstanding shortcomings of the squad.

27/7/2022 11:39 pm  #883

Greetings mate.
Interviews well.
To have 50 caps for Oz speaks volumes. Edit 52 full 9 U23.
Played the full 120 v Peru to qualify Jun 14th.
Hope he hits the ground running.
Bench on Saturday ?

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (27/7/2022 11:47 pm)

27/7/2022 11:59 pm  #884

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Greetings mate.
Interviews well.
Bench on Saturday ?

Needs a work permit so dunno how long that will take mate

28/7/2022 8:29 am  #885

Is it just me or are we a couple of decent loan signings away from a decent summer?

28/7/2022 9:24 am  #886

we're 3 away from a strong summer of signings (if they are at the same level as the other 5). 

been said elsewhere but we need players to cover multiple positions. A defensive midfielder that can cover centre back too. A winger that can also play as a striker. an attacking midfielder.

28/7/2022 11:56 am  #887

United Arab Emarite wrote:

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Greetings mate.
Interviews well.
Bench on Saturday ?

If he's that good I wonder why we got him & why he was available?
JR does describe it as a 'coup' right enough.
What attracted him, was it the wages, was it City Quay, was it the V&A?
He sounds more like the sort of signing that the Terrible Twins make.

No the City Quay.
No the V&A.
All other things being equal you'd think he'll have negotiated a reasonable wedge. Maybe hanging out for better offer as deadline of silly season loomed and nothing else came to fruition - certainly I wonder if that's Tony's MO, hence all the stuffing around frustratingly toward the end of each and every silly season.

Ok we're tardy with signings, we need another couple in but we do seem to have got some quality in.   

28/7/2022 1:23 pm  #888

I know I'll get shot down for saying this, but I think it's been a BRILLIANT window so far.

The simple fact is the quality of players we have been tracking and subsequently signed were just not available earlier in the window . These guys have options to consider and are not in the least bit desperate to rush into anything.

The only way to get these players is either to offer huge wages, which we can't, or play the long game and persuade them their interests are best represented here.

The downside is they aren't in place for the start of pre season - for me that's a price worth paying.

It broke my heart to see some of the criticism of the club over the last few weeks, when in reality there have been massive efforts in the recruitment space that are now bearing fruit.

I can't wait to see which top player appears next!

28/7/2022 2:00 pm  #889

AlwaysUnited wrote:

I know I'll get shot down for saying this, but I think it's been a BRILLIANT window so far.

The simple fact is the quality of players we have been tracking and subsequently signed were just not available earlier in the window . These guys have options to consider and are not in the least bit desperate to rush into anything.

The only way to get these players is either to offer huge wages, which we can't, or play the long game and persuade them their interests are best represented here.

The downside is they aren't in place for the start of pre season - for me that's a price worth paying.

It broke my heart to see some of the criticism of the club over the last few weeks, when in reality there have been massive efforts in the recruitment space that are now bearing fruit.

You need help mate.

28/7/2022 2:16 pm  #890

AlwaysUnited wrote:

You are setting yourself up to be shot down mate. I feel like you're being overly positive (for whatever reason) in the knowledge that there are plenty fans that are frustrated with the speed of our transfer business.

Most people will generally agree with the core opinion you have, which is that we're holding off on players because we're waiting for our first choice or however you want to put it, but to quote the window as 'BRILLIANT' is just straight up fishing for a reaction in my eyes. 

A lot of fans are on board with the process. And even though we might want to see signings ASAP, the majority of fans are fully confident that the recruitment team have been working very hard over the summer to identify the best players to add to the squad. 

My advice to you, which you (of course) don't need to take, is to cool it on the extravagant views on what is happening at the club. You saying "I think it has been a good window so far" is an opinion and most would respect it, even if they disagreed. But coming out and saying you think its been a BRILLIANT window, caps and all, just comes across as you looking to rile people up. 

Fully respect your opinions on things, but I think you know yourself what you are doing.

Going back to look at your posts from when you first joined the forum is an interesting one. You seem to have changed your posting style and your views on the club hierarchy. Any thoughts on this? 

28/7/2022 6:04 pm  #891

Connolly gone to derry city. Undisclosed fee

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

28/7/2022 6:12 pm  #892

LarsErikKjell wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

You are setting yourself up to be shot down mate. I feel like you're being overly positive (for whatever reason) in the knowledge that there are plenty fans that are frustrated with the speed of our transfer business.

Most people will generally agree with the core opinion you have, which is that we're holding off on players because we're waiting for our first choice or however you want to put it, but to quote the window as 'BRILLIANT' is just straight up fishing for a reaction in my eyes. 

A lot of fans are on board with the process. And even though we might want to see signings ASAP, the majority of fans are fully confident that the recruitment team have been working very hard over the summer to identify the best players to add to the squad. 

My advice to you, which you (of course) don't need to take, is to cool it on the extravagant views on what is happening at the club. You saying "I think it has been a good window so far" is an opinion and most would respect it, even if they disagreed. But coming out and saying you think its been a BRILLIANT window, caps and all, just comes across as you looking to rile people up. 

Fully respect your opinions on things, but I think you know yourself what you are doing.

Going back to look at your posts from when you first joined the forum is an interesting one. You seem to have changed your posting style and your views on the club hierarchy. Any thoughts on this? 

this is a good post LEK. I appreciate the view that slow and steady might be the right approach on a season long basis,  but the club (Tony included), voiced an opinion that Europe was a huge opportunity for the club. I just don’t think our window has seriously prepared us for that opportunity.  BRILLIANT would be plugging the seasons long obvious gaps - this window has therefore been far from brilliant.  Maybe  it’s the best this management team can do, but I certainly am not impressed.

28/7/2022 6:14 pm  #893

Tangy wrote:

Connolly gone to derry city. Undisclosed fee

Done a job in the Championship for us but not up to the standard required for the step up.

Good luck to him for the rest of his career.

28/7/2022 6:24 pm  #894

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Based on the AU==TA theory, clearly Tony got the account from Stephen Thompson, so the older style posts were from him.

28/7/2022 6:50 pm  #895

We got a fee for Connolly. I know I'm going a bit AU here but that is BRILLIANT business no matter how minimal it was. 

28/7/2022 10:55 pm  #896

AlwaysUnited wrote:

You'll only get shot down by those that can be bothered responding.

28/7/2022 11:59 pm  #897

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Deary fucking me! Never have I ever.... Read so much shite 😂🤣

29/7/2022 6:44 am  #898

AlwaysUnited wrote:

You're not somebody from the club. You're either a dick from another forum trying to disrupt things here, or you're someone who can't read a room and needs to get out more. My money is on the former. You make some sensible points, as LEK pointed out, and you bury them in a a massive pile of wank designed to piss people off. Intentionally, IMO.

Away back to eastfootball, or wherever it is you come from.

29/7/2022 8:34 am  #899

I'm with LEK here in that it appears we have not sorted the weaker areas. I say appears because until we play a meaningful match we wont truly know JR's set up and tactics.
Without further quality newbies we are relying on the Oz guys working out, Sibbstar winning the ball, Fletcher winning and holding the ball to bring others into play. Harkes could be seen to better use as long as Sibbs is decent.

A good few ifs and buts, clearly we are not going to be good enough in Europe, as for competing with the others in this guff league, time will tell.
I'm in the hoping we'll do well camp when it should really have been the expecting to do well camp.
Getting key signings in soon would change that.

29/7/2022 9:21 am  #900

Think we’ll see Middleton arrive in next day or so

Board footera