Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/7/2022 3:52 pm  #851

Re: Summer Transfer Window

Arabdownsouth wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

If we resign mcnulty I’ll explode

Make sure you have a tissue handy 😂

You have got to be on the wynd up.

25/7/2022 3:53 pm  #852

Danzaa wrote:

We really are slow in getting deals done and now I'm hearing murmurs of frustration from JR who wants to hit ground running but the best eleven at his disposal  looks unbalanced and soft. McGrath and Middleton talks have stalled, we are chasing around looking at loan deals, there was even talk a few weeks back of McNulty playing off Fletcher which changed to Clark. Now it looks like we will have target man Fletcher on his own supported by midfield runners.

We need to get deals done now otherwise, by the time any newbies are in and up to speed, we'll be out of Europe and league cup, and going to Motherwell sitting with 2 or 3 points in the league at best.
No joke come October we may well have Pawlett, Harkes, Watt, Fletcher and Clark as starters. God knows who will be in defence as enquiries made for Graham and Edwards.
Dont know about you lot but I'm getting the fear here.
Cue the stay calm and see what happens brigade all telling me to top up my half empty glass

Good post.

25/7/2022 4:58 pm  #853

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Danzaa wrote:

We really are slow in getting deals done and now I'm hearing murmurs of frustration from JR who wants to hit ground running but the best eleven at his disposal  looks unbalanced and soft. McGrath and Middleton talks have stalled, we are chasing around looking at loan deals, there was even talk a few weeks back of McNulty playing off Fletcher which changed to Clark. Now it looks like we will have target man Fletcher on his own supported by midfield runners.

We need to get deals done now otherwise, by the time any newbies are in and up to speed, we'll be out of Europe and league cup, and going to Motherwell sitting with 2 or 3 points in the league at best.
No joke come October we may well have Pawlett, Harkes, Watt, Fletcher and Clark as starters. God knows who will be in defence as enquiries made for Graham and Edwards.
Cue the stay calm and see what happens brigade all telling me to top up my half empty glass

Good post.

Is it? Not in my opinion, just a lot of speculation really.

25/7/2022 6:05 pm  #854

Talk elsewhere of Mark Connolly going to Derry City and not Dundalk.

25/7/2022 8:11 pm  #855

Aberdeen just signed an attacking midfielder from Notts County, hopefully this improves our chances of landing McGrath?

25/7/2022 8:46 pm  #856

Arabdownsouth wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Danzaa wrote:

Good post.

Is it? Not in my opinion, just a lot of speculation really.

Agree ADS. Unless Danza(a) is actually suggesting this is fact, it is 100% just a guess of where we're at.

Stuff about Edwards/Graham - you canna control that. Its football and thats how it works. If you have good players, other clubs might want those players.

Must admit I want to see some signings pretty fucking quick though. But have to remember there is still over a month of the window to go. The example mentioned previously of "would you rather have a Levitt in the last seconds of the window or a McNulty on June 1st" really rings true. But hopefully we see movement asap.

25/7/2022 9:39 pm  #857

At a time when rumours should be rife, there’s nothing. Absolutely nothing to talk about.

Someone make something up please

25/7/2022 10:08 pm  #858

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Aberdeen just signed an attacking midfielder from Notts County, hopefully this improves our chances of landing McGrath?

Think the boy is a left winger, is he not?

25/7/2022 10:14 pm  #859

MockChop wrote:

At a time when rumours should be rife, there’s nothing. Absolutely nothing to talk about.

Someone make something up please

Apparently signing an Australian Left back.

Aziz Behich.
https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/3530230/dundee-united-set-to-sign-australian-international-left-back-aziz-behich/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

25/7/2022 10:26 pm  #860

Looks a extremely solid signing

Please I beg for some attacking players next though

25/7/2022 10:34 pm  #861

SuperMario wrote:

Looks a extremely solid signing

Please I beg for some attacking players next though

Think this lad looks a very decent attacking threat himself! But I agree, attacking reinforcements needed ASAP

25/7/2022 10:44 pm  #862

Sorry to confuse, it was 100% meant as a summary of the collective posts from the last dozen or so pages.

However I stand by the getting the fear comment if we don't add steel and pace.

26/7/2022 12:06 am  #863

Left Back doesn't seem like a priority position given that we have both Scott McMann and Flynn Duffy who can play that position. But i will welcome the signing and hope that he is an upgrade.

He certainly has a lot of experience and has played in Australia, Holland and Turkey.

Maybe slightly concerning that 3 Turkish teams have recycled him between each other in two seasons. Though he has kept his place in the Australian National Team and played in their two most recent matches in June including their Play-Off Final win against Peru which sent them to Qatar.

Assuming he goes to the World Cup in November, Utd will be in line for a couple of hundred thousand pounds minimum. So, looks like his wages over the next two years may be covered by that alone. Hopefully the same goes for Birighitti and Levitt.

Now please Utd, go and sign some players who will get goals for this team. Please.

Had two seasons of eye-bleeding, toothless fare from middle to front.

26/7/2022 4:22 am  #864

Just finished listening to a Dode Fox podcast episode - trying to catch up after being away. Question asked was "If there was one United player from any point in our past that you could have back in our team right now, who would it be?" Can't remember if Paul McNicol had an answer and Ronny Costello said Craig Brewster (because he would thrive on a really slow build-up involving no wingers that gets the ball near the opposition box once every 20 minutes). Thought to myself - has to be Ralphie Milne every day of the week. Width, blistering pace, goes past defenders like they're not there, scores from anywhere, puts them on a plate for everyone else. Everything we need right now.
Real pace terrifies defenders and for me, our number one focus right now should be on a quality wide player with fantastic pace.
Unfortunately it won't be Ralphie, or anyone like him. They broke the mould after George Best and Ralph Milne were made.

26/7/2022 4:48 am  #865

Canadian Arab wrote:

Just finished listening to a Dode Fox podcast episode - trying to catch up after being away. Question asked was "If there was one United player from any point in our past that you could have back in our team right now, who would it be?" Can't remember if Paul McNicol had an answer and Ronny Costello said Craig Brewster (because he would thrive on a really slow build-up involving no wingers that gets the ball near the opposition box once every 20 minutes). Thought to myself - has to be Ralphie Milne every day of the week. Width, blistering pace, goes past defenders like they're not there, scores from anywhere, puts them on a plate for everyone else. Everything we need right now.
Real pace terrifies defenders and for me, our number one focus right now should be on a quality wide player with fantastic pace.
Unfortunately it won't be Ralphie, or anyone like him. They broke the mould after George Best and Ralph Milne were made.

Yeah I guess that Messi fella has his own mould 😋

26/7/2022 7:35 am  #866

Left back was well done the list of priorities but at least its another addition and hopefully helps the keeper settle in quicker with a fellow countryman in the side.

Plenty of experience and a proven pedigree.

Some new forward thinking players please and ones with pace.

26/7/2022 8:42 am  #867

Canadian Arab wrote:

Funny I've not listened to this weeks podcast but I was thinking about what type of player we could do with given ideally we could do with a right winger and also a backup/alternative striker with real pace and the name that popped into my head was:

Kevin Gallacher

Because he could play both roles and when I was a kid I loved watching him tearing past defenders. Having someone who could get us up the park quickly would be great. Even if most of his crosses ended up in The Shed!

Too much commotion

26/7/2022 9:33 am  #868

lifesanocean wrote:

Canadian Arab wrote:

Funny I've not listened to this weeks podcast but I was thinking about what type of player we could do with given ideally we could do with a right winger and also a backup/alternative striker with real pace and the name that popped into my head was:

Kevin Gallacher

Because he could play both roles and when I was a kid I loved watching him tearing past defenders. Having someone who could get us up the park quickly would be great. Even if most of his crosses ended up in The Shed!

I'm pretty sure we don't need another Groin Stroker.

26/7/2022 11:31 am  #869

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Left back was well done the list of priorities but at least its another addition and hopefully helps the keeper settle in quicker with a fellow countryman in the side.

You can’t help but think that our aim will to be stuffy at the back and launch ping balls to Fletcher.  When are we going to bring in some actual pacy players?  Just over a week until our first game in Europe and we are still missing the 3 or 4 players that Ross thinks we need. Presumably the same 3 or 4 that we’ve needed for about 7 or 8 years.

26/7/2022 2:21 pm  #870

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Yeah I guess that Messi fella has his own mould 😋

Messi? Pffft.

You never saw Ralphie play then? 😂

TBH I've long harboured a secret hope that Messi would decide to finish his career at the one club Barcelona could never beat in a competitive fixture. The fact he's still not here makes me think he doesn't fit Big Tony's player profile.

26/7/2022 3:27 pm  #871

Finn Seemann wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

You can’t help but think that our aim will to be stuffy at the back and launch ping balls to Fletcher.  When are we going to bring in some actual pacy players?  Just over a week until our first game in Europe and we are still missing the 3 or 4 players that Ross thinks we need. Presumably the same 3 or 4 that we’ve needed for about 7 or 8 years.

That's the way it's looking.

Our defence ain't the quickest so they certainly can't squeeze up the park so it's essential that whoever partners Fletcher is a speed machine otherwise with no pace we will end up camped in our own half.

26/7/2022 5:33 pm  #872

Adam Rooney is free...34yo now. Big battering ram from memory?

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

26/7/2022 5:35 pm  #873

Tangy wrote:

Adam Rooney is free...34yo now. Big battering ram from memory?

We are desperate for a bit of pace in the team

26/7/2022 5:38 pm  #874

Just seen someone on Twitter saying we should go for Massimo Luongo. Probably just because of our recent Aussie invasion.

But a 29 year old holding midfielder thats played for QPR then Sheff Wed since 2015 could be exactly what we need. And now out of contract.

27/7/2022 9:07 am  #875

Ross now talking about a midfielder (presumably holding) and another striking option. Where is the pace?  Do we not do wingers any more?

Board footera