Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/7/2022 1:00 pm  #476

Re: Summer Transfer Window

AlonsMosely wrote:

Honestly the transfer window has adults behaving like 12 year olds.....to many Sky Sports subscriber's believing this is exciting!!!!
Bring on the 1st game ffs.....

Seconded

07/7/2022 2:02 pm  #477

United Arab Emarite wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

MockChop wrote:

Fletcher medical scheduled, may even be today.

Was ‘on his way’ last night. Friend of a friend of a friend info…..

This is one signing I'm not enthusiastic about, would be so United to make this the first one after all the waiting.

I'm liking it ok.
Stephen Fletcher will be like a Charlie Mulgrew upfront.

3 goals in 40 games last season, exactly what we need, another striker that can't find the net.

07/7/2022 2:09 pm  #478

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

This is one signing I'm not enthusiastic about, would be so United to make this the first one after all the waiting.

I'm liking it ok.

3 goals in 40 games last season, exactly what we need, another striker that can't find the net.

He wasn't utilised in his best position. Under Jack's tutelage, he will thrive I'm quite sure, especially with the quality (existing and new signings) that will swarm around him.

07/7/2022 2:14 pm  #479

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

I'm liking it ok.

He wasn't utilised in his best position. Under Jack's tutelage, he will thrive I'm quite sure, especially with the quality (existing and new signings) that will swarm around him.

He's averaged about one goal in 4 his entire career, and most of that was at his peak. He's 35 now and scored 3 in 40, are you expecting him to suddenly start banging them in now he's got Ian Harkes alongside him?

07/7/2022 2:24 pm  #480

Arabdownsouth wrote:

AlonsMosely wrote:

Honestly the transfer window has adults behaving like 12 year olds.....to many Sky Sports subscriber's believing this is exciting!!!!

Have you been a football fan for long?

My whole life, you'll know what that's like when you grow up.....

07/7/2022 2:37 pm  #481

Fletcher is different to Clark, to Watt, to McNulty.

We really need ‘different’
If he is to hold the ball up and bring Clark / Watt into play or to lay it off to Levitt / Harkes then I see it as a good signing.

I’d still like 1/2 wingers in to find him though

07/7/2022 3:01 pm  #482

AlonsMosely wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

AlonsMosely wrote:

Have you been a football fan for long?

My whole life, you'll know what that's like when you grow up.....

Says the guy who's patronising other fans, aye ok

07/7/2022 3:36 pm  #483

Guess we're awaiting the Asghar glory shot with him proudly introducing 3 or 4 signings then!  How grateful we'll be.

07/7/2022 3:40 pm  #484

Steven Fletcher was at St Andrews today, so looks like a done deal.

07/7/2022 4:35 pm  #485

07/7/2022 4:38 pm  #486

Both excellent signings, Fletcher gonna be a belter of a signing I can feeel it!

07/7/2022 4:43 pm  #487

Finn Seemann wrote:

Guess we're awaiting the Asghar glory shot with him proudly introducing 3 or 4 signings then!  How grateful we'll be.

So we disparage him when he DOESN'T come up with the goods & then we disparage him when he DOES come up with the goods.
He cannae win.

(This before AU jumps into defend).

Fletcher and Levitt 2 very good signings. He deserves credit for that.

07/7/2022 5:01 pm  #488

Getting Levitt in on a permanent contract is a fantastic bit of business, no doubt about it and the club deserve the plaudits. But seems a stretch to consider him a new signing.

For me, I'm not overly excited about Fletcher, the team need a goalscorer, I'm not sure he's the answer to that problem. But I wasn't sure about Mulgrew and I was proved massively wrong about that so hopefully I'm proven wrong again.

Hoping the club get more players in sooner rather than later now.

07/7/2022 5:05 pm  #489

Finn Seemann wrote:

So we disparage him when he DOESN'T come up with the goods & then we disparage him when he DOES come up with the goods.
He cannae win.

My point is that it looks like these deals are done so why not announce them?  My prediction is that we are planning some unnecessary photo shoot with the big man grinning from ear to ear.  I don't care about a photo shoot and most fans don't either  - just tell us you are plugging the 10+ gaps in the squad.  If we have pulled off Levitt on a permanent then that is good work but it doesn't improve the squad from last year.  Others Fletcher? Gogic?  Who else?  Fine, but doesn't really cover the gaps we've had for years.  

07/7/2022 5:12 pm  #490

I don't think teams should 'parade' new signings until a year into their deal. At least then you've got some evidence that they've actually been any good or not.

Too much commotion

07/7/2022 5:25 pm  #491

10+ is v dramatic...if you are counting youths who were released, no?

Benji and Carson - we need 1.
Nelson and sporle barely played and could be replaced by 1 Stuart duff type player

Biamou is replaced by fletcher

Mcdonald was signed as back up and to see what he could do...

It's not to say we don't need replacements but it's quite dramatic to say 10+.

Imo we need
1 x goalkeeper
1 x backup defender (youth team?)
1 x Centre mid unless some of the young lads can step up.
1 x winger(charmers in to prove his worth)
1 x forward. I'd still like to see genuine pace.

I'll go quality over quantity any day

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

07/7/2022 5:36 pm  #492

Tangy wrote:

10+ is v dramatic...if you are counting youths who were released, no?

Benji and Carson - we need 1.
Nelson and sporle barely played and could be replaced by 1 Stuart duff type player

Biamou is replaced by fletcher

Mcdonald was signed as back up and to see what he could do...

It's not to say we don't need replacements but it's quite dramatic to say 10+.

Imo we need
1 x goalkeeper
1 x backup defender (youth team?)
1 x Centre mid unless some of the young lads can step up.
1 x winger(charmers in to prove his worth)
1 x forward. I'd still like to see genuine pace.

I'll go quality over quantity any day

We need 1 keeper
1 attacking left back to replace Sporle unless Flynn Duffy considered ready (needs year in Championship team imho)
2 midfielders to replace Butcher, Fuchs, McDonald and Hoti bearing in mind Meekison and to a lesser extent Mochrie now 1st team players and Levitt not really a 'new' player
1 centre half or utility player to replace Neilson/Butcher (Gogic)
1 winger who can cross the ball
1 big striker (Fletcher)
1 striker with real pace

You could argue we also need a tried and trusted number 10 as well given that Pawlett is still injured, Chalmers,  Mochrie and Glass haven't showed enough and IMHO Harkes isn't really that type of player. McGrath?

And this is all a matter of about 2-3 weeks before we play in Europe. But it's ok because we are busy farting about with fancy reveal videos for social media.

Last edited by lifesanocean (07/7/2022 5:39 pm)

Too much commotion

07/7/2022 5:39 pm  #493

Finn Seemann wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

He cannae win.

My point is that it looks like these deals are done so why not announce them?  My prediction is that we are planning some unnecessary photo shoot with the big man grinning from ear to ear.  I don't care about a photo shoot and most fans don't either  - just tell us you are plugging the 10+ gaps in the squad.  If we have pulled off Levitt on a permanent then that is good work but it doesn't improve the squad from last year.  Others Fletcher? Gogic?  Who else?  Fine, but doesn't really cover the gaps we've had for years.  

Why on earth would they parade and announce players who haven't signed a contract? Just to please some impatient fans? As seen over the years anything can happen in transfer window's, what's to say an English club come out of nowhere and give Levitt an offer he can't refuse and we've announced him before signing? We lost Armstrong and GMS and signed Robbie Muirhead in the last 30 mins of a window once. Deals are nearing completion these include lawyers, setting up houses so and so forth. Lets announce some players that haven't even signed yet. Deary fucking me.

07/7/2022 5:46 pm  #494

If they've not signed a contract why were they at training today then?

Too much commotion

07/7/2022 5:52 pm  #495

Conway11 wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

He cannae win.

Why on earth would they parade and announce players who haven't signed a contract? Just to please some impatient fans? As seen over the years anything can happen in transfer window's, what's to say an English club come out of nowhere and give Levitt an offer he can't refuse and we've announced him before signing? We lost Armstrong and GMS and signed Robbie Muirhead in the last 30 mins of a window once. Deals are nearing completion these include lawyers, setting up houses so and so forth. Lets announce some players that haven't even signed yet. Deary fucking me.

Obviously my comment is on the assumption they have signed,  Deary fucking me.

07/7/2022 5:54 pm  #496

Steven Fletcher is a free agent and could do what he likes. We probably have got permission from Man Utd to get Levitt up. 

lifesanocean wrote:

If they've not signed a contract why were they at training today then?

Last edited by Conway11 (07/7/2022 5:55 pm)

07/7/2022 5:58 pm  #497

Conway11 wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

He cannae win.

Thank for putting it so bluntly, and correctly.

It would be madness to parade a player based on a verbal agreement.

07/7/2022 6:28 pm  #498

Someone in Jamie McGraths family who I know, has said he is on our radar. You can of course take that with a pinch of salt if you so desire.

07/7/2022 6:32 pm  #499

07/7/2022 6:51 pm  #500

Played at a high level his whole career and even at 35 will still have more ability than most strikers we could realistically attract.

We’ve needed a target man that can hold the ball up and bring other into play for years. How many times did we ping the ball up to Clark or McNulty and it would just get hoofed back at us? That won’t happen with Fletcher. Would expect boys like Watt, Niskanen and McGrath (once he signs) to get in amongst the goals with Fletcher bringing them into play.

Great signing, and exactly what we need up top.

Last edited by JerryDungle (07/7/2022 6:51 pm)

Board footera