Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/7/2022 5:14 pm  #401

Re: Summer Transfer Window

United Arab Emarite wrote:

Maybe it's better if we were to appreciate this current period (June/July 2022) as being the best feeling it is to be an Arab for 10 years or more.

Yes, sounding ultra negative admittedly & I'm not even alluding to the very topical no new players issue.
But just think on Hibs & Aberdeen regaing top 6 status, Motherwell, Kilmarnock & St Mirren battling it out in mid-table, St Johnstone only doing better than last season & Ross Co getting stickier under Mackay & we ain't gonna be near 4th.

So enjoy it now while we can.

Glad we've got Jack Ross in though, there's good hope there,

I agree with 99% of the above except-

We CAN and WILL finish in the top four again this coming season. Some of the signings the club are targeting are unreal, including a full international from the biggest club in the world, and a striker with 33 caps for Scotland.

Can you imagine any other club outwith the big two pulling that off?

And of course we have the main man in charge, former manager of the year Jack Ross.

Pardon me for being optimistic!!

Last edited by AlwaysUnited (05/7/2022 5:15 pm)

05/7/2022 5:30 pm  #402

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Maybe it's better if we were to appreciate this current period (June/July 2022) as being the best feeling it is to be an Arab for 10 years or more.

Yes, sounding ultra negative admittedly & I'm not even alluding to the very topical no new players issue.
But just think on Hibs & Aberdeen regaing top 6 status, Motherwell, Kilmarnock & St Mirren battling it out in mid-table, St Johnstone only doing better than last season & Ross Co getting stickier under Mackay & we ain't gonna be near 4th.

We CAN and WILL finish in the top four again this coming season. Some of the signings the club are targeting are unreal, including a full international from the biggest club in the world, and a striker with 33 caps for Scotland.

And of course we have the main man in charge, former manager of the year Jack Ross.

Jesus Christ!!

05/7/2022 5:43 pm  #403

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Targeting and signing as we all know are two totally different things !
But I hear CR7 is looking for a new club !

05/7/2022 5:50 pm  #404

BMT wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Targeting and signing as we all know are two totally different things !
But I hear CR7 is looking for a new club !

I'm sure at least one person on here would complain he was past his best and a waste of a wage 

05/7/2022 7:06 pm  #405

Given the amount of signing guesses that have been passed as fact/have happened/will be done, it's about time though that all posts that claim to be 'In the Know' are answered

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

05/7/2022 7:09 pm  #406

MockChop wrote:

Terms agreed with Fletcher.
He’s ’due back on Monday’ (to Tannadice / from holiday, I don’t know)

Unless he gets a great offer before then, he’s coming to United.

Monday has come and gone and no sign of Fletch yet.

05/7/2022 7:26 pm  #407

Not that anybody bar me and a few others here were speaking about it but wee dembele has moved to France with stade brestois

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

05/7/2022 7:31 pm  #408

AlwaysUnited wrote:

MockChop wrote:

Terms agreed with Fletcher.
He’s ’due back on Monday’ (to Tannadice / from holiday, I don’t know)

Unless he gets a great offer before then, he’s coming to United.

Monday has come and gone and no sign of Fletch yet.

Not looking good for Tuesday either.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

05/7/2022 8:04 pm  #409

Tangy wrote:

I'm going to go full AU....

But what an exciting 3 weeks you are in for.

New strips, more new signings than any other team will make in the same time period...

It's going to be brilliant 🤣

I'm not one that panics as quickly as others but we need to start to see players coming in.

We've got 1 keeper who is untested (although was rated in Sweden.

The defence is pretty much unchanged.

The midfield has....ilmari harkes 😳😳😳

And up top clark and watt 😳

And I’d also add that we’ve got an exciting new badge.

05/7/2022 10:55 pm  #410

KdyArab wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Jesus Christ!!

He was a right stirrer too.

05/7/2022 11:24 pm  #411

Anyone heard rumour of James mcarthur ?

05/7/2022 11:33 pm  #412

SuperMario wrote:

He just signed a new 1 year contract with Palace last month

05/7/2022 11:46 pm  #413

David_Blunkett wrote:

Maybe Wednesday? Thursday? Or Friday?

05/7/2022 11:56 pm  #414

Snacks94 wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

He just signed a new 1 year contract with Palace last month

🤣 should have checked that before spouting pish

Maybe it was McCarthy from Celtic? Who knows most likely a load of rubbish

06/7/2022 9:49 am  #415

Levitt and McGrath double loan according to the record, would be absolutely delighted if that goes through.

06/7/2022 10:00 am  #416

orcajun wrote:

David_Blunkett wrote:

Maybe Wednesday? Thursday? Or Friday?

Which Wednesday, Thursday or Friday though 🤣

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

06/7/2022 10:08 am  #417

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Levitt and McGrath double loan according to the record, would be absolutely delighted if that goes through.

This is great news. Patience is key in these matters, hopefully a few moaning minnies will be eating humble pie this morning 😉

06/7/2022 11:10 am  #418

AlwaysUnited wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

This is great news. Patience is key in these matters, hopefully a few moaning minnies will be eating humble pie this morning 😉

Might be tomorrow morning AU, get your days right.

So how would you feel if were were to bring in LG??
Betcha he would score more goals than any other CF we're bringing in - or not bringing in.
Surely worth a gamble - or is it?
What's the Club's view please?

P.S. I am taking the p!ss with AU but not with LG

Not the clubs view but my own, a fully fit and focused LG would be the best striker in the league outwith the big two.

Last edited by AlwaysUnited (06/7/2022 11:10 am)

06/7/2022 11:10 am  #419

Levitt and McGrath on loan would be decent business if we can do it,  iGogic is coming that would cover the ball winning midfielder role (although still no back up option),  if Fletcher and Shankland come then we would probably have covered the huge lack of forwards,  if we bring in a couple of (as yet unidentified) wide players with pace and if we bring in a viable no.1 or back up goalie (not sure Clark is the latter), then if we have done all of that and also settled and gelled a team in time for 30 July (and caught up with all the other clubs that have done their business early) then I'll enjoy my humble pie.

06/7/2022 11:22 am  #420

A fully fit and focussed Duncan Ferguson would be the best striker in the league outside the old firm.  Surely we are not going to go down the LG route?  

06/7/2022 11:24 am  #421

Finn Seemann wrote:

A fully fit and focussed Duncan Ferguson would be the best striker in the league outside the old firm.  Surely we are not going to go down the LG route?  

Agreed, and I wouldn't think so just folk blethering shite as per usual.

06/7/2022 11:27 am  #422

Who or what is LG?

06/7/2022 11:28 am  #423

FWIW I doubt we're after both Levitt and McGrath.

Those two plus Harkes does not offer much dig.

06/7/2022 11:37 am  #424

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

FWIW I doubt we're after both Levitt and McGrath.

Those two plus Harkes does not offer much dig.

Assuming Gogic provides the dig (assuming he's actually signed) also Butcher has not left the building as yet...

If you could get both on loan I think we'd take them, especially if with McGrath there was an option to buy at the end.

06/7/2022 11:44 am  #425

To be fair, Levitt and McGrath have plenty of dig about them. But of course we'll need a more defensive mid. We lost Butcher, McDonald, Fuchs and even Hoti over the course of last season so I'd say two of them need replaced at the very least.

Board footera