Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/6/2022 12:47 pm  #226

Re: Summer Transfer Window

The manager hasn't even got his arse imprint on his seat yet, I'd be more worried if we had five or six players in that the manager didn't want.

27/6/2022 12:56 pm  #227

RogerTheAlien wrote:

It’s July on Friday and so far we’ve released 10 first team players and signed nobody.

Totally unacceptable from the club.

We need 5 or 6 blah blah. Utter shite talk.

Totally unacceptable to who?

If the manager and board are comfortable with the recruitment process (and they have already said they anticipate signings this week) then why should anyone else be concerned?

Last edited by AlwaysUnited (27/6/2022 12:56 pm)

27/6/2022 12:58 pm  #228

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

It’s July on Friday and so far we’ve released 10 first team players and signed nobody.

So in your opinion we will be going into the new season as we are? I think folk need to calm down

It’s the fact we’re sitting pissing about while other teams have signed boys and are already gelling a team. Been 11 weeks since we got the top 6 and 7 weeks since we got Europe, why wasn’t there work done then?

We had no manager, Surely you'd like the new manager to be responsible for the additions to the squad rather than the previous manager? Patience required

Also, preseason only started a couple of days ago so nobody has had time to gel with anyone yet

Last edited by Arabdownsouth (27/6/2022 12:59 pm)

27/6/2022 1:18 pm  #229

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Agreed feel like we’re miles behind again, nae kits, nae signings

Aberdeen, hibs, hearts all seem to on paper massively strengthened, were twiddling our fingers

27/6/2022 1:30 pm  #230

Would certainly hope and expect to have at least one signing by the weekend, hopefully more.  Every other team (except the Huns) have signed at least 2 players.  If this time next week we are sitting with the same squad I’ll start to panic.

27/6/2022 1:56 pm  #231

Snacks94 wrote:

Would certainly hope and expect to have at least one signing by the weekend, hopefully more. Every other team (except the Huns) have signed at least 2 players. If this time next week we are sitting with the same squad I’ll start to panic.

Ross not at St Andrews today

27/6/2022 2:06 pm  #232

dufc2019 wrote:

Snacks94 wrote:

Would certainly hope and expect to have at least one signing by the weekend, hopefully more. Every other team (except the Huns) have signed at least 2 players. If this time next week we are sitting with the same squad I’ll start to panic.

Ross not at St Andrews today

No sure if this is good news (away persuading players to sign) or not??

27/6/2022 2:07 pm  #233

The big unknown is that we have no idea who (if anyone) was lined up before the approach for TC and then they were put on hold while we sorted out our head coach position.  I would like to think that has impacted our  number of signings

27/6/2022 2:48 pm  #234

I'm not convinced that we didn't engineer the TC departure and that JR hasn't been the plan for 2/3 weeks.  If that is the case then I would have thought that part of the JR discussions would have been around specific targets and that we are off sorting those this week.  If we have 2/3 new players by say Tuesday of next week then it all starts to look sensible.  We can then start to pick off secondary targets/opportunities between now and the window closing.  If we haven't got some business under the belt by the beginning of next week then is the time to ask questions.

27/6/2022 3:16 pm  #235

Finn Seemann wrote:

I'm not convinced that we didn't engineer the TC departure and that JR hasn't been the plan for 2/3 weeks.  If that is the case then I would have thought that part of the JR discussions would have been around specific targets and that we are off sorting those this week.  If we have 2/3 new players by say Tuesday of next week then it all starts to look sensible.  We can then start to pick off secondary targets/opportunities between now and the window closing.  If we haven't got some business under the belt by the beginning of next week then is the time to ask questions.

they will want to get as many as possible in for the trip to spain which is a week on sat

27/6/2022 3:17 pm  #236

SuperMario wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Aberdeen, hibs, hearts all seem to on paper massively strengthened, were twiddling our fingers

The fucking kits again!! Haha wha cares!??

27/6/2022 3:32 pm  #237

AlwaysUnited wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

If the manager and board are comfortable with the recruitment process (and they have already said they anticipate signings this week) then why should anyone else be concerned?

The last 2 seasons (Micky and Tam’s season’s) i think our squads been too light and if it wasn’t for our defence last season we really could’ve missed out on the top 6 and 4.

we need a goalscorer, winger, attacking midfielder and 2 centre mids. It would be nice to have a balanced squad for more than 1 season.

Would be good if that started in the next few days.

27/6/2022 3:33 pm  #238

SuperMario wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Apparently Macron at fault with the kit delay according to a post i seen on Twitter last week.

27/6/2022 3:40 pm  #239

RogerTheAlien wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Apparently Macron at fault with the kit delay according to a post i seen on Twitter last week.

Heard we may be switching to Puma from next summer

27/6/2022 4:04 pm  #240

LarsErikKjell wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Yep, hardly that big an issue really, just something else to whinge about

27/6/2022 4:29 pm  #241

Arabdownsouth wrote:

LarsErikKjell wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Imagine Utd fans wanting something, anything to get excited about.

Idiots.

27/6/2022 4:31 pm  #242

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Idiots.

I really didn't suggest that at all

27/6/2022 4:48 pm  #243

Finn Seemann wrote:

May 26th, the Sunderland friendly was already all but confirmed (see Tek's post in the English preseason friendlies thread).
"Thanks for your thoughts on Jack Ross, Stewart."
"No problem Tony. By the way, we really should look at getting a pre-season friendly sorted out. I'll talk to Alex and get back to you within the next couple of days."
My guess is the club were aware Courts was interested in a new challenge within days of the end of the season, and they've been looking at options, with a focus on Jack Ross, for some time. Asghar has already said there are a number of player targets, and I don't think we would have those targets if Jack Ross really only had been on the scene for 5 days.

27/6/2022 4:58 pm  #244

If we need yo wait a bit longer for signings because Jack Ross is trying to get the correct players thtough the door, then I am not fussed but it's been a boring month after the extreme high at Dingwall.

As Roger says stove our recruitment has been verging on the ridiculous the past two seasons leaving us with a very imbalance squad and pissing fortunes down the drain.

If waiting a bit longer prevents deals like the Pawlett extension, Connelly extension, Swedish goalie when we needed a striker the I am happy to wait.

27/6/2022 5:05 pm  #245

Do we still have David Byrne at the club as Head of Recruitment - always wondered if this role is for first team players or just recruiting for the academy.

27/6/2022 5:50 pm  #246

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

Do we still have David Byrne at the club as Head of Recruitment - always wondered if this role is for first team players or just recruiting for the academy.

No wonder our recruitment has been on a Road to nowhere...

27/6/2022 6:24 pm  #247

Finn Seemann wrote:

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

No wonder our recruitment has been on a Road to nowhere...

Ken Finn, but surely we'd get it right Once in a lifetime.

27/6/2022 6:41 pm  #248

Alex Gogic has signed. Don’t know why the club haven’t announced it yet.

Last edited by JerryDungle (27/6/2022 6:46 pm)

27/6/2022 6:46 pm  #249

CCX2 2010 wrote:

If we need yo wait a bit longer for signings because Jack Ross is trying to get the correct players thtough the door, then I am not fussed but it's been a boring month after the extreme high at Dingwall.

As Roger says stove our recruitment has been verging on the ridiculous the past two seasons leaving us with a very imbalance squad and pissing fortunes down the drain.

If waiting a bit longer prevents deals like the Pawlett extension, Connelly extension, Swedish goalie when we needed a striker the I am happy to wait.

The goalie is from Finland 🤣

27/6/2022 6:49 pm  #250

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Idiots.

Kits though? Every summer its the same. Dont get it. They'll be in it on the 1st game of the season thats all that matters.

Signings are the more pressing matter. But, TA said signings this week. Its 7pm on Monday and forums and social media in meltdown that we've no signed anybody yet.

Board footera