Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/4/2022 7:55 pm  #1

Hearts at home

Might as well get this started, board seems very quiet this week, did someone break the Scottish internet or something? 😋

A tough game we could do with winning. A point may not be the worst outcome either though.

20/4/2022 3:52 am  #2

Re: Hearts at home

Max Biamou out for the season and his Utd career over before it ever started. Truly one of our worst ever signings.

And compounded by the fact we stuck by him all season yet sent Appere and Chalmers packing in January, and both are now scoring regularly for their respective clubs.

Calum Butcher also absent from training again on Tuesday after having a few days off last week. What a shambles of a situation, and has came at the very worst time given Harkes injury.

Not confident regards Saturday, given how much they've dominated us in midfield already this season.

20/4/2022 6:12 am  #3

I fancy us to win this one considering all the injuries they have but they will be playing for places in the cup final so will be a tight a game.

20/4/2022 8:45 am  #4

I'm hoping they already think 3rd is safe and are looking to avoid injury for the cup final so maybe we have a better chance against them.

20/4/2022 9:01 am  #5

Tek wrote:

Max Biamou out for the season and his Utd career over before it ever started. Truly one of our worst ever signings.

And compounded by the fact we stuck by him all season yet sent Appere and Chalmers packing in January, and both are now scoring regularly for their respective clubs.

Calum Butcher also absent from training again on Tuesday after having a few days off last week. What a shambles of a situation, and has came at the very worst time given Harkes injury.

Not confident regards Saturday, given how much they've dominated us in midfield already this season.

Butcher going Full Mitch Gardine if rumours are to be believed he wont play for the club again

20/4/2022 10:14 am  #6

dufc2019 wrote:

Tek wrote:

Butcher going Full Mitch Gardine if rumours are to be believed he wont play for the club again

Yeah, so i hear.

Something serious has definitely went down if they are keeping him away from training.

A shambles.

20/4/2022 10:37 am  #7

Rory MacLeod scoring again for the Academy side yesterday (in yet another defeat).

Deserves a chance. Sixteen years old or not.

A Striker at the club who actually scores goals.

20/4/2022 10:56 am  #8

BMT wrote:

I fancy us to win this one considering all the injuries they have but they will be playing for places in the cup final so will be a tight a game.

What injuries do they have?

20/4/2022 10:59 am  #9

Halkett , Halliday and Soutar all out according to BBC

20/4/2022 11:22 am  #10

BMT wrote:

That's good to hear.

20/4/2022 12:03 pm  #11

They have a huge squad compared to us.

20/4/2022 12:12 pm  #12

Tek wrote:

BMT wrote:

That's good to hear.

Was hoping Kingsley would be out  too

20/4/2022 1:29 pm  #13

BMT wrote:

I wish that Simms was on this list also.

21/4/2022 10:46 am  #14

Tek wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Tek wrote:

Yeah, so i hear.

Something serious has definitely went down if they are keeping him away from training.

A shambles.

Rumours are rumours I guess but I've heard he's not in the right frame of mind to be playing at the moment. Club more than keen for him to return but both Butch and the club are in agreement that he has too much going on in his personal life to be ready to play. Not sure what a 'Midge Gardyne' is but it would seem things have been blown out of proportion in terms of his future at the club etc.

21/4/2022 11:37 am  #15

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Tek wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Yeah, so i hear.

A shambles.

Rumours are rumours I guess but I've heard he's not in the right frame of mind to be playing at the moment. Club more than keen for him to return but both Butch and the club are in agreement that he has too much going on in his personal life to be ready to play. Not sure what a 'Midge Gardyne' is but it would seem things have been blown out of proportion in terms of his future at the club etc.

Michael Gardyne has joined Montrose on a two-and-a-half year deal after leaving Caley Thistle.Inverness confirmed the departure of Gardyne on Thursday, with the Champioship club announcing that the winger and the club had mutually agreed to end his contract.

21/4/2022 5:31 pm  #16

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Tek wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Yeah, so i hear.

A shambles.

Gardyne was shagging team-mate David Carson's wife seemingly. Got punted by ICT as a result.

Too much commotion

24/4/2022 7:44 pm  #17

I don't know where to start after that today but here goes.

Positives were that we scored two cracking goals and and looked a wee bit more of threat going forward but I think a lot of that was down the visitors having to change their backline.

The negatives, there are too many to list for me.

We are just so soft in particular in the middle of the pitch and wide open even with an extra man in their to help we are constantly wrong side if the man and unwilling to mix it and get stuck in.

Benji needs a fuckin rocket up his arse, get a fuckin move on man. He takes an eternity to do everything and sets a slow tempo and this has been all season.

Niskanen, gee wiz that was a shocker today. Reminds me a wee bit of the old Hibs player Agathe,  open the gate and he will run out on to the street with the ball. Looked very poor and was rightly hooked after 55 mins.

Strikers- Tony Watt, my minds not made up yet with this guy but he needs to work a bit harder. Strolled about today topping up his suntan, but at times he produced some good quality football. We need this guy to get more involved and work a bit more when we don't have the ball.

It will be interesting to compare today's performance with next Saturday where he will no doubt be well up for putting one over his old club.

Tam Courts- you could see their first goal coming and he done nothing about it, happy to sit back and soak up pressure (see Benji comments). We need to take the game to our oppenents especially at home.

Should also have told Smith to stand in front of the back 3 to offer some protection and let the younger lads do the running.

Finally today I think we saw again the results of a shocker of a January transfer window. The lack of a real leader in the middle of the park and some quality in terms of a striker is so obvious.

Ogren seriously needs to think about how we do our business in the summer before we dish out any more contracts to players that won't be fit most weeks and also expensive foreign players that are adding nothing to what is on the pitch.

24/4/2022 8:16 pm  #18

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Strikers- Tony Watt, my minds not made up yet with this guy but he needs to work a bit harder. Strolled about today topping up his suntan, but at times he produced some good quality football. We need this guy to get more involved and work a bit more when we don't have the ball.

1 goal in 15 appearances. Very poor return it must be said. Even Clark and McNulty have scored more than that in the same time period.

He slows down our play something awful, I've been of that opinion since day one.

Needs to offer Utd a lot more. Starting next Saturday.

24/4/2022 8:24 pm  #19

We really need Butcher or at least given an explanation of why he’s been missing.

24/4/2022 8:40 pm  #20

Disappointed we that result.

Canna believe this is yet another game where we take the lead then lose. How phuckin many is that this Season.

We play brilliant for 10 mins, score, take the lead, then crawl into a hole.

We then sit back further and further back, hardly set a foot in Hearts half, so their back 4 hae a Sunday efternane kickaboot in thir ain half. Dinna ken what anybody else thought but it was unbelievable to watch.

We were slightly better the 2nd half, but still sitting further and further back. We couldna dae any worse if we gave Herts a written invitation to hae a go at us. A faux -pas in defence costs us a goal.

Another 10 min period where we play well where we  score the equaliser, but then it's back to sitting further back then another phuck-up costs us the match and a much needed point.

This sitting in whenever we get a 1 goal lead is suicidal.

Stick meh neck oot here. If we'd played for the 90 mins as well as we'd played in the 10 min period at the start, we'd never have lost that gehm, and we just mighta won it. Total b@stard if I'm honest.

MOTM for me Dylan Levitt.

24/4/2022 9:07 pm  #21

I agree Billy its really frustrating as everyone knows what our reaction is once we score.

You often hear football coaches talking about defending from the front and that today was a joke.

Massive game vs Motherwell coming up and we need to take advantage of being home and this means getting the crowd behind the team, but for that to happen we need a bit more effort up top and some urgency from our keeper.

24/4/2022 9:13 pm  #22

kdyteejay wrote:

We really need Butcher or at least given an explanation of why he’s been missing.

I doubt we will get an explanation. Because if rumours are true then i can't imagine Benjamin Siegriest will want his personal life publicised.

The irony in all this is Butcher was starting to play his best football in a Utd jersey. We miss him badly.

24/4/2022 9:15 pm  #23

It's high time Rory Macleod got some game time. A Utd forward who actually knows where the back of the net is.

Cudjoe deserves a chance from the bench also.

24/4/2022 9:18 pm  #24

Tek wrote:

kdyteejay wrote:

I doubt we will get an explanation. Because if rumours are true then i can't imagine Benjamin Siegriest will want his personal life publicised.

The irony in all this is Butcher was starting to play his best football in a Utd jersey. We miss him badly.

We’ll if Benji is going, drop him and get Butcher back.

24/4/2022 9:21 pm  #25

Tek wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

1 goal in 15 appearances. Very poor return it must be said. Even Clark and McNulty have scored more than that in the same time period.

He slows down our play something awful, I've been of that opinion since day one.

Needs to offer Utd a lot more. Starting next Saturday.

we have changed our formation and style to accommodate him and i dont think he's been worthy of that or his big wages - talk of us after signing forrest from Livi how could we ? watt means we cant play him

Board footera