Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/2/2022 12:02 am  #76

Re: Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Tek wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Have we still got Biamou????

The club cannot announce anyone else has departed tonight or there'd be meltdown, after 8 players have already left this window.

Make no mistakes though in the next few days Biamou will be released, Glass will go on loan to Kilmarnock and i think Carson will probably be released to make his move to Morecambe permanent.

Thing with that I don’t think biamou would then be able to play for another club as it has to be done before end of window ?

Glass is apparently happening, just seen a tweet

I really cant get my head round our recruitment this window, seen Brandon barker got released by the huns earlier

01/2/2022 12:07 am  #77

SuperMario wrote:

Tek wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

The club cannot announce anyone else has departed tonight or there'd be meltdown, after 8 players have already left this window.

Make no mistakes though in the next few days Biamou will be released, Glass will go on loan to Kilmarnock and i think Carson will probably be released to make his move to Morecambe permanent.

Thing with that I don’t think biamou would then be able to play for another club as it has to be done before end of window ?

I really cant get my head round our recruitment this window, seen Brandon barker got released by the huns earlier

Tweet where? Re Glass

Be disappointed if we’re putting Glass out on loan, the one player we have who can go past players using a bit of skill.

01/2/2022 12:11 am  #78

Would rather have seen Hoti go on loan, can’t see him featuring much rest of this season.

01/2/2022 12:15 am  #79

Snacks94 wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Tek wrote:

Tweet where? Re Glass

Be disappointed if we’re putting Glass out on loan, the one player we have who can go past players using a bit of skill.

https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/status/1488284147596541959?s=21

01/2/2022 12:26 am  #80

Snacks94 wrote:

Would rather have seen Hoti go on loan, can’t see him featuring much rest of this season.

Apparently rejected it.

01/2/2022 12:34 am  #81

SuperMario wrote:

Snacks94 wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Tweet where? Re Glass

https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/status/1488284147596541959?s=21

Cheers

01/2/2022 12:35 am  #82

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Snacks94 wrote:

Apparently rejected it.

Was that to Dunfermline?  Seems bit daft, he’ll no play again for United I don’t think

01/2/2022 12:36 am  #83

Glass will happen. I honestly don't think TC rates him.

Pissed off with the whole thing. One of the only players at the club with a wee bit of skill and who likes to get on the ball and run with it.

01/2/2022 12:40 am  #84

Tek wrote:

Glass will happen. I honestly don't think TC rates him.

Pissed off with the whole thing. One of the only players at the club with a wee bit of skill and who likes to get on the ball and run with it.

Exactly.  Just don’t see anyone with any creativity in our squad, bar Tony Watt!

01/2/2022 12:47 am  #85

SuperMario wrote:

If we release him he will be a free agent and able to sign for anyone up until sometime in March.

I think.

01/2/2022 1:05 am  #86

Tek wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

That would take our departures in total this window to 11.

The club will announce these others after the Derby in the hope no one cares.

This post is full of speculation.

If Glass Is going to Kilmarnock it has to be to tonight nd Kilmarnock would announce it.

The rest is just guesswork.

Maybe, just maybe, the board do know what they are doing mate.

Last edited by AlwaysUnited (01/2/2022 1:06 am)

01/2/2022 1:21 am  #87

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Tek wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

If Glass Is going to Kilmarnock it has to be to tonight nd Kilmarnock would announce it.

No. It doesn't have to be tonight.

The Championship clubs can sign players on loan out with the Jan window.

The club are just shitting out of announcing anymore departures tonight.

01/2/2022 1:22 am  #88

Hibs signing a 'pacy winger' who can play on the left or right on loan from.

Fulham.

You have to laugh.

01/2/2022 1:32 am  #89

According to the BBC Akinola has never played a single game for anybody at first team level!! At 20 year old that has to be a mistake surely? And he’ll be up against seasoned pros (and wind up merchants) in Adam, Griffiths and McGinn in a Derby to mark his first appearance? It’ll either be the making of him or a total disaster. 
edit: A quick wiki search proves this to be true. Not one single game at senior level. Also, 8 yellow cards in 20 odd games last season. Should be interesting to say the least. 

Last edited by japanarab (01/2/2022 1:36 am)

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

01/2/2022 1:54 am  #90

japanarab wrote:

According to the BBC Akinola has never played a single game for anybody at first team level!! At 20 year old that has to be a mistake surely? And he’ll be up against seasoned pros (and wind up merchants) in Adam, Griffiths and McGinn in a Derby to mark his first appearance? It’ll either be the making of him or a total disaster. 
edit: A quick wiki search proves this to be true. Not one single game at senior level. Also, 8 yellow cards in 20 odd games last season. Should be interesting to say the least. 

He played 3 times for Arsenal's U23's in the EFL Trophy against Chelsea U23, Ipswich Town and Plymouth.

It's the English equivalent to the Irn Bru Cup.

01/2/2022 2:22 am  #91

Tek wrote:

japanarab wrote:

He played 3 times for Arsenal's U23's in the EFL Trophy against Chelsea U23, Ipswich Town and Plymouth.

It's the English equivalent to the Irn Bru Cup.

Fingers crossed he shows the same promise as (early) Levitt. Will Butcher be available for midfield? I would hope so. Wind up Adam who I suspect will be like a bull in a China shop on derby night. 

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

01/2/2022 3:15 am  #92

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Tek wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Are you still here?

Last edited by Arabdownsouth (01/2/2022 4:40 am)

01/2/2022 8:24 am  #93

Can't believe we will have 3 loan players possibly playing tonight ( McNulty, Levitt and the new arrival ) feels like we are going backwards as regards to developing our own players. Doesn't bode well for next season when all 3 piss off and we are left to start over again.

01/2/2022 9:25 am  #94

Agree, while obviously I hope Akinola does well for us. It seems a bit odd given all the investment and emphasis we've put into youth development to get elite status that we've shipped out a load of young boys to bring in another teams youth player to develop him for them?

01/2/2022 10:35 am  #95

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Tek wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Who is this supposed 'board'?  We know you as the DoE make all the decisions so why flannel folk with the thought that there is any collective decision making - you just come up with the 'plan' and ask Mr O to give you the cash.  Thing is he seems to be less forthcoming with the readies than before.  Hence you have let too many players go and not had the support to replace them...

01/2/2022 10:36 am  #96

Tek wrote:

Hibs signing a 'pacy winger' who can play on the left or right on loan from.

Fulham.

You have to laugh.

Indeed - some tie up.  Wonder if we were offered the guy first?  If not, surely the tie up is another Asghar induced fiction.

01/2/2022 10:38 am  #97

BMT wrote:

Can't believe we will have 3 loan players possibly playing tonight ( McNulty, Levitt and the new arrival ) feels like we are going backwards as regards to developing our own players. Doesn't bode well for next season when all 3 piss off and we are left to start over again.

McNulty is effectively our player.  He'll be offered a contract shortly - no doubt.  

01/2/2022 10:39 am  #98

Rick Dagless wrote:

Agree, while obviously I hope Akinola does well for us. It seems a bit odd given all the investment and emphasis we've put into youth development to get elite status that we've shipped out a load of young boys to bring in another teams youth player to develop him for them?

'board' knows what it is doing though, mate.

01/2/2022 11:10 am  #99

Finn Seemann wrote:

BMT wrote:

McNulty is effectively our player.  He'll be offered a contract shortly - no doubt.  

Heard he’s been offered a contract in North America, doubt he’ll stay here.

01/2/2022 11:50 am  #100

Finn Seemann wrote:

BMT wrote:

Hope not

Board footera