Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/1/2022 6:25 pm  #1

Transfer Deadline Day Thread

What we thinking for tomorrow then?

Biamou released.
Hoti on loan to another Scottish side

And 

Kev McDonald signing

Is my prediction.

Which would all be very underwhelming and wouldn't have addressed the major flaw in the team i.e. creating chances and scoring goals.

30/1/2022 6:40 pm  #2

Re: Transfer Deadline Day Thread

No rush for McDonald as out of contract so can be done at any time.

Predict Biamou to leave and no one comes in. Cue justified meltdown.

30/1/2022 6:56 pm  #3

Biamou to leave by mutual consent

Hoti out on loan,  maybe Mochrie or Meekison out on loan (if we are bringing McDonald in)

Think we’ll bring a defender in on loan, we probably need one with current injuries and number of defenders who have left this month

30/1/2022 8:12 pm  #4

It wouldn't surprise me to see an arrival from Fulham on loan, if a deal can be done.

30/1/2022 8:46 pm  #5

Stuffed if I know.
Meltdown. 

30/1/2022 10:07 pm  #6

sell our 2 best players to rangers
sign the shite jimmy saville to troll the dees

30/1/2022 11:14 pm  #7

Beardy23 wrote:

sell our 2 best players to rangers

Benji's performance at Parkhead on Saturday and Allan McGregor's up in Dingwall has me half expecting a late bid from that lot.

30/1/2022 11:51 pm  #8

Heard we were looking at a loan for a youngster from England plays midfield, Arsenal player.

Last edited by RogerTheAlien (30/1/2022 11:51 pm)

30/1/2022 11:57 pm  #9

We better have something more to look forward to tomorrow than an 18 year old loanee. 9 fucking outgoings and nothing but tired old lines from Tam. Get some fucking quality in!

31/1/2022 12:39 am  #10

Arabdownsouth wrote:

We better have something more to look forward to tomorrow than an 18 year old loanee. 9 fucking outgoings and nothing but tired old lines from Tam. Get some fucking quality in!

Exactly this.

31/1/2022 12:43 am  #11

I just don't get the thinking behind bringing in other teams youngsters. Aren't we supposed to be developing our own? If not then get some free transfers with experience instead. Just stop cunting around on the last day of every window and get the players in early like everyone else please!

Last edited by Arabdownsouth (31/1/2022 12:47 am)

31/1/2022 1:53 am  #12

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Heard we were looking at a loan for a youngster from England plays midfield, Arsenal player.

A win win for both parties if true.

Interesting to see if there is business with Fulham too.

The loan market has been very good for Dundee United over the time the current owners have been in place.

31/1/2022 1:57 am  #13

AlwaysUnited wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

The loan market has been very good for Dundee United over the time the current owners have been in place.

Yeah, McNulty and Bolton spring readily to mind. Why do keep persisting with your shite?

I'll ask you again, where are the signings that were imminent 2 weeks ago according to you? I won't hold my breath waiting for the answer

Last edited by Arabdownsouth (31/1/2022 1:59 am)

31/1/2022 2:09 am  #14

Looking at Arsenal's U23 squad.

If it's a midfielder we are signing to 'replace' Fuchs then the options we are looking at are -

Timothy Akinola. 20 year old English player of Nigerian descent. Defensive midfielder.

Miguel Azeez. 19 years old English player also of Nigerian descent. Defensive/Central midfielder.

Arsenal's other U23 midfielders are -

Charlie Patino (19 yr old) Spanish player. Central/Defensive midfielder

Ben Cottrell (20 yr old) English player. Central/Attacking midfielder

Catalin Cirjan (19 yr old) Romanian player. Central/Attacking/right sided midfielder

Jordan McEnuff (21 yr old) Northern Irish player. Central midfielder/Attacking/right sided player

James Olayinka (21 yr old) English player of Nigerian descent. Central/attacking/right sided player

Salah Oulad M'Hand (18 yr old) Dutch player of Moroccan descent. Central midfielder/defensive/right sided

Their other midfielders are either out and out attacking midfielders or wingers.

Big squad for U23's.

31/1/2022 2:12 am  #15

Tek wrote:

If it's a midfielder we are signing to 'replace' Fuchs then the options we are looking at are -

Timothy Akinola. 20 year old English player of Nigerian descent. Defensive midfielder.
Miguel Azeez. 19 years old English player also of Nigerian descent. Defensive/Central midfielder.

Catalin Cirjan (19 yr old) Romanian player. Central/Attacking/right sided midfielder
Jordan McEnuff (21 yr old) Northern Irish player. Central midfielder/Attacking/right sided player
James Olayinka (21 yr old) English player of Nigerian descent. Central/attacking/right sided player
Salah Oulad M'Hand (18 yr old) Dutch player of Moroccan descent. Central midfielder/defensive/right sided

Their other midfielders are either out and out attacking midfielders or wingers.

Big squad for U23's.

Patino played for the first team recently I think so unlikely to be him

31/1/2022 2:23 am  #16

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

Big squad for U23's.

Patino played for the first team recently I think so unlikely to be him

Just Googled.

Started two Cup games in the last month (and scored in the first).

It'll no be him then, sadly.

31/1/2022 10:09 am  #17

Appere away - permanent deal

arsenal player getting medical

31/1/2022 10:24 am  #18

dufc2019 wrote:

Appere away - permanent deal

arsenal player getting medical

Details?

31/1/2022 10:27 am  #19

Tim Akinola’s the Arsenal player

31/1/2022 10:34 am  #20

I'm underwhelmed at present. There better be more coming in than a youth player I've never heard of

31/1/2022 10:44 am  #21

Arabdownsouth wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Yeah, McNulty and Bolton spring readily to mind. Why do keep persisting with your shite?

I'll ask you again, where are the signings that were imminent 2 weeks ago according to you? I won't hold my breath waiting for the answer

Ahem Dylan Levitt perhaps? McNulty has been good for us too, presume you weren't at Rugby Park last week.

31/1/2022 10:51 am  #22

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Ahem Dylan Levitt perhaps? McNulty has been good for us too, presume you weren't at Rugby Park last week.

Levitt blown hot and cold, McNulty has a shite goals return over his time at United.,3 goals in 30 league games! I'll ask again about the imminent signings of a fortnight ago?

31/1/2022 10:58 am  #23

Some loan signings work, some dont.
Judging them before they've ever pulled on the Tangerine jersey based on whether youve heard of them before is just plain daft.

31/1/2022 11:01 am  #24

Beharder wrote:

Some loan signings work, some dont.
Judging them before they've ever pulled on the Tangerine jersey based on whether youve heard of them before is just plain daft.

I haven't judged anyone before they've pulled on the Jersey. I simply said I hope there's more incomings than a loan player I've never heard of. That is not a judgement of the guy as far as I'm aware

31/1/2022 11:10 am  #25

Louis Appere, Northampton.
Permanent, apparently.

Board footera