Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/7/2020 10:18 am  #26

Re: Club Statement

Couldn’t our sports lawyer have fought our case?

07/7/2020 10:44 am  #27

Ingin-Bhajis wrote:

Couldn’t our sports lawyer have fought our case?

Maybe but that could be like asking a knee surgeon to perform brain surgery.  Although highly skilled and has knowledge of the principles and it may go well, do you really want to take the risk it wont and employ an expert in the field?

07/7/2020 12:45 pm  #28

Tobias Smollett wrote:

As for reconstruction, Budge - as is her wont - failed.  She couldn't convince even a quarter of teams to go for it.  Insisting it should be permanent when nobody wanted it.

Her job was to pull together the support for reconstruction but she made an arse of it as she has done with everything else since she's come into Scottish football. She came in with an almighty PR inspired bang, talking about how she was going to freshen everything up.  In reality, everything that she's touched has turned to shite.

Aye, Budge comes across as a high handed, presumptuous woman, who was given a major position to convince folk of her plans: was it not that she wanted a temporary change though, to reconstruction? Not that it matters, as the clubs rejected it.

For any United supporters thinking there's any chance of us being relegated without playing a match and Hearts taking over our fixtures, in just under 25% of the possible fixtures both ourselves and Hibs are scheduled to be at home, thus Hearts cannae be slotted in for us. The whole fixture card would have to be redone.

Last edited by PatReilly (07/7/2020 12:45 pm)

07/7/2020 2:17 pm  #29

PatReilly wrote:

Tobias Smollett wrote:

As for reconstruction, Budge - as is her wont - failed.  She couldn't convince even a quarter of teams to go for it.  Insisting it should be permanent when nobody wanted it.

Her job was to pull together the support for reconstruction but she made an arse of it as she has done with everything else since she's come into Scottish football. She came in with an almighty PR inspired bang, talking about how she was going to freshen everything up.  In reality, everything that she's touched has turned to shite.

Aye, Budge comes across as a high handed, presumptuous woman, who was given a major position to convince folk of her plans: was it not that she wanted a temporary change though, to reconstruction? Not that it matters, as the clubs rejected it.

For any United supporters thinking there's any chance of us being relegated without playing a match and Hearts taking over our fixtures, in just under 25% of the possible fixtures both ourselves and Hibs are scheduled to be at home, thus Hearts cannae be slotted in for us. The whole fixture card would have to be redone.

In all honesty I'd be surprised if they haven't already put together the alternative set of fixtures, just in case. I'd expect us of course not to take that lying down and I could not see the league starting on time anyway if this was to happen.

07/7/2020 2:20 pm  #30

I just cannot see how the panel would be able to ratify cancelling promotions and relegations but still allowing European qualification, it's entirely wrong. Would we not be able to go to a higher football authority with such a case if this were to happen?

07/7/2020 2:30 pm  #31

Looking back now we maybe should have gone 14-10-10-10 & made it permanent?
If that was ever on the table.
Not that we're losing the arbitration process.
Never been prone to arson but if we did I don't mind going thro on my own to burn down Tynecastle Stadium.
Not the old stand at Firhill, that would be doing them a favour.

07/7/2020 3:26 pm  #32

Yeah, looking back, because of all the hassle this has caused, I probably would have just taken the 14-10-10-10 setup. But I remember at the time not wanting that. So it's all in hindsight.

08/7/2020 6:52 am  #33

PatReilly wrote:

Tobias Smollett wrote:

You do realise they could move hearts fixtures where they clash to a Friday evening or a Sunday. Also some of the fixtures possibly won't have a crowd in so easy enough to play at both stadiums on the same day.

Not gonna happen anyway but just letting you ken fixtures wouldn't be an issue.

08/7/2020 9:14 am  #34

blackandtangerine wrote:

You do realise they could move hearts fixtures where they clash to a Friday evening or a Sunday. Also some of the fixtures possibly won't have a crowd in so easy enough to play at both stadiums on the same day.

Not gonna happen anyway but just letting you ken fixtures wouldn't be an issue.

Of course that could happen: plenty games will get shifted for the telly too.

Just putting a positive spin on the eventual outcome, so here's another fixture related detail: our home games on 13th Feb and 14th March clash with Scotland rugby games at Murrayfield. Of course there would be ways round that too, but the polis may not be keen on a Scotland rugby game being the same weekend.

And you're right about 'no crowds' at some games, just hope all that shit gets safely sorted out soonish.

08/7/2020 11:40 am  #35

Any thought of rearranging fixtures will have been ruled out by SPFL or at very least in too hard basket for the simple reason that if Farce were to win case, SPFL would turn round and say "sorry lads, can't do it, fixtures drawn, concrete".

Could Farce then go to Court for interdict to stop commencement of season, technically,  mebbe I suppose  ?     -Cannae see it.

Another practical reason why the whole thing's  nonsense.

08/7/2020 11:55 am  #36

Have we got a start date for this arbitration yet?

08/7/2020 12:08 pm  #37

I think ? ! arbitration process is supposed to be underway.

I think ?! the various parties are supposed to have this resolved and back to Court of Sessions in 21 days.

Snowballs of that happening.

08/7/2020 12:16 pm  #38

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Yeah, looking back, because of all the hassle this has caused, I probably would have just taken the 14-10-10-10 setup. But I remember at the time not wanting that. So it's all in hindsight.

I didn't want it then and I still don't want it now, Hearts can just get themselves to fuck!

08/7/2020 1:58 pm  #39

Tobias Smollett wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

LarsErikKjell wrote:

I didn't want it then and I still don't want it now, Hearts can just get themselves to fuck!

… is the correct answer.

...would you not take it now tho given the current nonsense?

08/7/2020 8:52 pm  #40

Belgian league has just been declared void..

08/7/2020 9:04 pm  #41

More this goes on more worried I get

08/7/2020 9:14 pm  #42

smedDUm wrote:

Tobias Smollett wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

… is the correct answer.

...would you not take it now tho given the current nonsense?

Only if forced into it, hoping reason wins tbh.

08/7/2020 9:17 pm  #43

Ingin-Bhajis wrote:

Their league was ended without a vote by the clubs.

08/7/2020 9:34 pm  #44

SlatefordArab wrote:

Ingin-Bhajis wrote:

It wasn’t, they had a vote

Last edited by SuperMario (08/7/2020 9:37 pm)

08/7/2020 9:39 pm  #45

Thing that worries me is that for the spfl and all the other clubs cancelling promotion and relegation is a better result than paying compensation, only teams who suffer are United, Raith and Cove. 

Horrible feeling we’ll end up shafted because of an SPFL fuck up.

08/7/2020 9:54 pm  #46

SlatefordArab wrote:

Ingin-Bhajis wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

It wasn’t, they had a vote

I'm near certain there was no vote. A discussion took place to expand the league to 18 clubs, but it went no further.

The league, again as far as I understand, hasn't been declared void (yet). It's one club's relegation which has been reversed.

08/7/2020 9:57 pm  #47

Snacks94 wrote:

Thing that worries me is that for the spfl and all the other clubs cancelling promotion and relegation is a better result than paying compensation, only teams who suffer are United, Raith and Cove. 

Horrible feeling we’ll end up shafted because of an SPFL fuck up.

I'm pretty sure we will be next to take them to court if that happens, there absolutely has to be an option for that? Surely?

08/7/2020 10:03 pm  #48

Ingin-Bhajis wrote:

It was ended initially by the governing body. That was found to be unlawful. The SPFL carried out a vote under company law which passed and the season was ended.

Simple as that. Lets not panic when we dont know all the facts.

Also, the league has not been 'voided', the decision has been reversed and now the clubs must decide how to proceed.

Very likely they will reconstruct.

08/7/2020 10:05 pm  #49

08/7/2020 10:13 pm  #50

Think in the rush to have an exclusive that blogger (4th Official) has imagined outcomes which haven't actually been reported in Belgium. As LEK says above, the situation and processes so far are very different from Scotland, and the CAS decision there is about one club, Waasland-Beveren, who raised the affair with them.

Last edited by PatReilly (08/7/2020 10:14 pm)

Board footera