Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/7/2020 8:03 pm  #551

Re: Who would you want as new Manager?

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Scott Burns also saying he will work with existing coaches.

interesting.

Delighted with that if true.

Got to remember these boys never worked with Neilson before United. Absolute clean slate for them. Know the players inside out. Excited by this.

05/7/2020 8:03 pm  #552

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Scott Burns also saying he will work with existing coaches.

interesting.

Well, that's surprising.

05/7/2020 8:30 pm  #553

I was a bit unsure of Mellon at first, but that was mainly becuase I had no knowledge of him.  Reading into his career over the past couple of days though and I am really warming to idea of him coming here.

I think, with some of the names being linked to us, there has definately been an element of snobbery from some fans thinking that we are somehow miles ahead of Mellon and his Tranmere team in terms of quality...I really don't think that's the case.

Looking at his record  - he's got plenty of experience; 12 years and 550 games of management.  Excluding his 3 game caretaker role at Barnsley, his stats are very impressive.

Fleetwood Town:- 2 x Promotions and a 51.6% win rate over 225 games.  Also I believe he signed Jamie Vardy while managing Fleetwood.

Shrewsbury Town:- Couple of decent cup runs by their standard and a 42.4% win over 125 games.

Tranmere:- 2 promotions and 46.23% win rate over 199 games.  Tranmere were relegated on Avg Pts afte the season was ended.  They were 3pts from safety with a game in hand and a total of 10 games to play.

What impresses me is how many Tranmere fans are speaking so highly of him, wishing him well on moving on.

Regardless of what leagues you are talking about, not many managers can fluke a promotion.  This man has 4 of them.  That tells me that he is very good at getting the best out of his players and has a winning mentality.

Yes, the thought of McClaren (and McKay to an extent) intrigued me more but I firmly beleive that Utd may have just pulled off a great bit of business here.

Welcome to Tannadice Micky.

05/7/2020 9:39 pm  #554

Best appointment since 1971?
Mind you one got more time in the 70s.
He might well have been away had it been nowadays.
Wee interesting stat -
Jim McLean - 1,112 games
Since Jim McLean (16 permanent & 8 caretaker managers over 27 years) - 1,240 games.

Anyway I'm over the proverbial moon with this one, well excited & have a very good feeling. Well done Tony Asghar, I'll bet there was some very tricky negotiations.
Delighted too that we seem to be keeping Forrest & McCulloch, what's not to like? Micky Mellon sounds like the kinda guy who everyone gets to like. I believe he'll take no shit either.
Massive day tmrw 6 July 2020 -
- new manager confirmation
- prem fixtures released
- beer gardens open
Should be a national holiday

05/7/2020 9:49 pm  #555

smedDUm wrote:

Best appointment since 1971?
Mind you one got more time in the 70s.
He might well have been away had it been nowadays.
Wee interesting stat -
Jim McLean - 1,112 games
Since Jim McLean (16 permanent & 8 caretaker managers over 27 years) - 1,240 games.

Anyway I'm over the proverbial moon with this one, well excited & have a very good feeling. Well done Tony Asghar, I'll bet there was some very tricky negotiations.
Delighted too that we seem to be keeping Forrest & McCulloch, what's not to like? Micky Mellon sounds like the kinda guy who everyone gets to like. I believe he'll take no shit either.
Massive day tmrw 6 July 2020 -
- new manager confirmation
- prem fixtures released
- beer gardens open
Should be a national holiday

Super Monday! 😂

05/7/2020 11:07 pm  #556

£120k compo according to the daily record

05/7/2020 11:16 pm  #557

Board footera