Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18/8/2018 3:08 pm  #1


United v ICT, February 2019

Seeing this match is scheduled for a Tuesday, would it have been a good idea to have attempted to bring it forward to today?

I see good points and bad.

 

18/8/2018 3:53 pm  #2


Re: United v ICT, February 2019

PatReilly wrote:

Seeing this match is scheduled for a Tuesday, would it have been a good idea to have attempted to bring it forward to today?

I see good points and bad.

 
Why though? Games been scheduled for six months away? I don't think anything like that's ever been done before and can't think of any reason it would even be considered

 

18/8/2018 4:23 pm  #3


Re: United v ICT, February 2019

Arabdownsouth wrote:

 
 
Why though? Games been scheduled for six months away? I don't think anything like that's ever been done before and can't think of any reason it would even be considered

Good points: bigger crowd potentially, plus it would overcome the start/stop nature of the league season as planned (another interruption scheduled in early September for the Doncaster Cup). Perhaps it would have helped Csaba 'gel' the team, unlikely as it may seem. And I'm sure ICT team and fans would rather travel on a Saturday in August than a Tuesday in February.

Bad: Csaba will likely be gone in February, so the new man would have another game to gain points.

It's been done before, quite often I think. Teams have brought forward matches for convenience previously. But even if it hadn't, it's no reason for not doing it. The Doncaster Cup never had English non league sides in it before.

     •Thread Starter
 

18/8/2018 6:52 pm  #4


Re: United v ICT, February 2019

PatReilly wrote:

Seeing this match is scheduled for a Tuesday, would it have been a good idea to have attempted to bring it forward to today?

I see good points and bad.

Would never have happened.. Dundee were at hame
 

 

18/8/2018 6:53 pm  #5


Re: United v ICT, February 2019

blackandtangerine wrote:

PatReilly wrote:

Seeing this match is scheduled for a Tuesday, would it have been a good idea to have attempted to bring it forward to today?

I see good points and bad.

Would never have happened.. Dundee were at hame
 

 
how did they get on?

 

18/8/2018 7:50 pm  #6


Re: United v ICT, February 2019

Beharder wrote:

blackandtangerine wrote:

PatReilly wrote:

Seeing this match is scheduled for a Tuesday, would it have been a good idea to have attempted to bring it forward to today?

I see good points and bad.

Would never have happened.. Dundee were at hame
 

 
how did they get on?

No terribly well (the emphasis being on terrible). They seem to want their Manager's head, even to the point that they named their ground to reflect how they're feeling. The Kill-MacCann at Dens stadium.
 

 

19/8/2018 8:09 am  #7


Re: United v ICT, February 2019

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Beharder wrote:

blackandtangerine wrote:


Would never have happened.. Dundee were at hame
 

 
how did they get on?

No terribly well (the emphasis being on terrible). They seem to want their Manager's head, even to the point that they named their ground to reflect how they're feeling. The Kill-MacCann at Dens stadium.
 

Hahaha. Like that
 

 

19/8/2018 8:10 am  #8


Re: United v ICT, February 2019

Beharder wrote:

blackandtangerine wrote:

PatReilly wrote:

Seeing this match is scheduled for a Tuesday, would it have been a good idea to have attempted to bring it forward to today?

I see good points and bad.

Would never have happened.. Dundee were at hame
 

 
how did they get on?

Played off the park and should have been more than 3 were texts sent to me yesterday lol
 

 

Board footera