Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/5/2024 9:42 pm  #26

Re: Utd vs Partick - Friday 3rd May (7.45PM)

I'm just hoping that people stay off the pitch at the end.
We all know that this is not one of the major trophies that we've won.
However if the trophy is not presented on the pitch there will be no footage or photographs of the occasion to look back on and a bit of history will be lost forever.
I'm a fair age have never seen a trophy presentation at Tannadice and may never see it again.
STAY OFF THE PITCH

02/5/2024 11:01 pm  #27

Snacks94 wrote:

What’s the point in playing Grieve tomorrow? Surely it’s obvious he’s no going to be good enough next season? Give game time to one of the young guys who’ll be under contract. This kind of thing pisses me off.

Totally agree.

Same with Tilson. Why play him at all tomorrow? Let Meekison, Mochrie, Glass or Cudjoe on.

02/5/2024 11:02 pm  #28

Stillliving wrote:

However if the trophy is not presented on the pitch there will be no footage or photographs of the occasion to look back on and a bit of history will be lost forever.
I'm a fair age have never seen a trophy presentation at Tannadice and may never see it again.
STAY OFF THE PITCH

This 

03/5/2024 4:06 am  #29

Stillliving wrote:

STAY OFF THE PITCH

I've seen a trophy presentation at Tannadice.
Unfortunately it was to IFK Gothenburg 

Agree with you though.

03/5/2024 8:36 am  #30

Evening tele saying 11K united fans tonight. Means we’ve sold over 5K tickets (guessing we have 6K season ticket holders after Xmas).

Amazing effort.

03/5/2024 1:06 pm  #31

The plastic captain has repaired the ladder in his pantyhose and starts

03/5/2024 4:28 pm  #32

dufc2019 wrote:

The plastic captain has repaired the ladder in his pantyhose and starts

Unnecessary statement.

03/5/2024 5:09 pm  #33

Yeah no need for that kind of crap.

03/5/2024 9:55 pm  #34

Few thoughts. Great performance and way to end season. Brilliant from the fans.

Sibbald is our best player.

Defence noticeably weaker when we changed it 2nd half. Also slower build up. So I am questioning if Goodwin decided on the more direct approach or Graham & McC just play that way. Whatever - we look better in defence and attack with the guys that started tonight.

Grimshaw - no idea why he gets so much stick. Solid defender. Rarely beaten one on one. Good in the air. That is what I want from a defender. Anything else a bonus. Was good In possession tonight as well, particularly 3rd goal.

Spoony - hope we give him another year. Real quality in possession.

Cudjoe - how did we not see more of him this season? Always looks good on the ball, creative, making things happen, doesn’t hide. Seen the rumours about attitude and wanting away but he didn’t get a look in so a loan player with no ability could play.

That sounds negative. It isn’t. Just little niggles. End With - loved seeing all the young guys on the pitch tonight.

Last edited by Slotbadger (03/5/2024 9:56 pm)

03/5/2024 11:32 pm  #35

Slotbadger wrote:

Defence noticeably weaker when we changed it 2nd half. Also slower build up. So I am questioning if Goodwin decided on the more direct approach or Graham & McC just play that way. Whatever - we look better in defence and attack with the guys that started tonight.

Grimshaw - no idea why he gets so much stick. Solid defender. Rarely beaten one on one. Good in the air. That is what I want from a defender. Anything else a bonus. Was good In possession tonight as well, particularly 3rd goal.

Cudjoe - how did we not see more of him this season? Always looks good on the ball, creative, making things happen, doesn’t hide. Seen the rumours about attitude and wanting away but he didn’t get a look in so a loan player with no ability could play.

That sounds negative. It isn’t. Just little niggles. End With - loved seeing all the young guys on the pitch tonight.

Good post. Agree with all of that.

Not sure i'd keep Spoony, but you can see wee glimpses of his class.

Thought Cudjoe looked really dangerous when he came on. Will be quite sad n a way if he goes cos i do think there's a player in there.

Brilliant scenes after the match with the players and their families. Also Goodwin with his wee lad (who couldn't keep the smile off his face).

03/5/2024 11:45 pm  #36

04/5/2024 6:30 am  #37

Yeah. Fans throughout were tremendous.

Amazing how last night couldn’t have been possible without the despair of last season. Football can change quickly. Not pretending it was worth it, but nights like last night don’t happen often. Many players and managers never win anything.

04/5/2024 8:35 am  #38

Slotbadger wrote:

Good thoughts, indeed that never occurred to me about Cudjoe's frustration at sitting on hes erse having to watch Goodwin's at times inexplicable preference for loan player in question.   Always seemed like last throw of the dice when the wee man came on.   .... Would have loved if he'd have had a rung 2 inches higher on he's stepladder for the 5th.
Great night. 

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (04/5/2024 8:36 am)

04/5/2024 11:36 am  #39

Anyone know what the story was with the 2nd penalty I saw Jim gesturing from the touchline about who was to take it?

04/5/2024 11:45 am  #40

BMT wrote:

Anyone know what the story was with the 2nd penalty I saw Jim gesturing from the touchline about who was to take it?

He was trying to get Rory McLeod to hit it, young man has yet to score his first professional goal.

04/5/2024 11:57 am  #41

Cheers, thought that was the case but Louis wasn’t for giving it up.

04/5/2024 1:21 pm  #42

https://x.com/shedheds/status/1786591047969047018?s=46&t=cFiTS5wMLop9YybD7qh8IA

This was the best part of last night, absolutely delighted for Goodwin and his wee lad- wee lad in tears too 🥹

Great night had by all

04/5/2024 3:18 pm  #43

Done and dusted.

Apart fae a wee slip-up that gave Thistle their goal, that was excellent. Our performance last week against Airdrie was a shadow of our 2nd half last night.
We'll need performances like that next Season. If we play like that, we could tak anybody on.

Great to hear for the first time in a while, all of oor supporters singing to oor favourites during and efter the gehm.

Whilst Eh gee some credit to the extra supporters esp. for their adding to the atmosphere last night, meh only wee niggle is that they become mair full-time and less pert-time.

MOTM for me Sibbald, and go as far to say hes been our best all roond player this Season (IMO I might add)

Celebrated inta the wee sma oors. Blotto when Eh got hame.

Anybody ken what the share oe the SPFL prize money we'll get fir winning the Championship ? (£562,000) was the figure getting spouted aboot last night.

Last edited by Billy_Hainey (04/5/2024 3:20 pm)

04/5/2024 10:37 pm  #44

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Anybody ken what the share oe the SPFL prize money we'll get fir winning the Championship ? (£562,000) was the figure getting spouted aboot last night.

Last season Dundee earned £672,750 for winning the Championship. Which sounds a lot but contrast that with Utd earning roughly double that amount for finishing bottom (£1,289,200), tells you all you need to know about why it is so important we bounced back at the first time of asking.

Think the money has went up a wee bit this season btw, so we will earn a bit more, not sure exactly how much though.

04/5/2024 10:39 pm  #45

04/5/2024 10:42 pm  #46

Brilliant video.

04/5/2024 11:44 pm  #47

Well what a night that was,  been going along to Tannadice since 92/93 and never in my life have I seen so many Arabs happy.

So many goals this season, so many wins, good times especially in contrast after the utter shite that was served up last year.

A massive well done to everyone connected with the club, what a day. Everything was on point, music,  displays,  fireworks etc. That night had everything.

A great way to finish the season and one that we will roll into next season.

Onwards and upwards.

Last edited by CCX2 2010 (04/5/2024 11:47 pm)

05/5/2024 2:02 pm  #48

Tek wrote:

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Last season Dundee earned £672,750 for winning the Championship. Which sounds a lot but contrast that with Utd earning roughly double that amount for finishing bottom (£1,289,200), tells you all you need to know about why it is so important we bounced back at the first time of asking.

Think the money has went up a wee bit this season btw, so we will earn a bit more, not sure exactly how much though.

Cheers Tek. Can you say where / if that information is available officially on line somewhere.

05/5/2024 2:24 pm  #49

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Cheers Tek. Can you say where / if that information is available officially on line somewhere.

Hopefully this link works.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NQG1gPtVp1e7_JNzKEidExdctR2PUSQWQsZl-eKe3tI/edit?pli=1#gid=0

06/5/2024 5:49 pm  #50

Slotbadger wrote:

I saw a remarkable stat on twitter a couple of weeks ago. One of those "heat maps" that shows passes made between particular players - don't remember who posted it, but it was one of those guys that does this stats stuff for a living. They compared Graham + McLelland with Holt + Gallagher. There was a single line between Graham and McLelland - they averaged something like 1.25 passes between them in a game. The area in between Holt and Gallagher was just a mass of colour, there were so many lines drawn between them. Maybe Holt and Gallagher are more experienced and "better defenders" but if the ball spends more time at the other end of the park because Graham and McLelland get it back up there quickly, I'm not sure it matters.

As far as Friday's game went, I know it isn't something we should get carried away about as it's "only" the Championship, but I had a lump in my throat watching those celebrations at the end. The crowd was absolutely phenomenal - I'd have to go back decades to recall an atmosphere at Tanny to match that. Really good performance, some lovely football played. The displays before the start were brilliant as always and the singing section never stopped. An atmosphere like that, a crowd like that - if we could bring that to our home games more regularly next season, what a boost it would give our players. That's the sort of atmosphere that makes players want to come and play for us.

And delighted for Jim Goodwin and his coaching staff. They've taken a lot of stick this season, a fair bit of it justified, but he admitted he got things wrong, he doesn't seem to be repeating old mistakes, and I personally am happy for him to be in charge next season. You could see how much it meant to him to have his wee lad on the pitch, holding the trophy with a massive smile on his coupon. Just kept thinking to myself "Get that green shirt to fuck, son" 😂

Board footera