Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/4/2024 11:31 pm  #26

Re: Summer transfer window 2024

Finn Seemann wrote:

dufc5 wrote:

Seen Bevis Mugabi linked to us on a fan twitter account last night. 

Always looked reasonably competent but prone to the odd howler.  Thinks he has been first choice this year so probably not a bad right sided centre half to complement left footed Graham (and have a bit of experience to help Graham).  

Can't say I'm overwhelmed if correct, but knows the league and is probably better than we've got.  

Wouldn’t mind making 2-3 underwhelming signings. They’re usually the ones that go unnoticed and end up doing a good job like Holt, Docherty and McClelland.

30/4/2024 8:11 am  #27

Quite a lot of Motherwell fans seem to be keen to see the back of him.

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

30/4/2024 9:00 am  #28

2 class players = 5 journeymen
5 journeymen => 1 or 2 total dross/injury prone/ feckn useless
2 class players, we still run the risk of injuries.
So it's a balance of who goes, cash to hand, buy to build squad including couple of class players.
Say 10 bought a couple will turn out shithouse.

Simple !?

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (30/4/2024 9:11 am)

30/4/2024 10:10 am  #29

Macho Man wrote:

Motherwell fan I know said he's excellent on his day but prone to a few bombscare moments.

30/4/2024 10:12 am  #30

dufc5 wrote:

Macho Man wrote:

Motherwell fan I know said he's excellent on his day but prone to a few bombscare moments.

The Ugandan David McCracken?

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

30/4/2024 11:41 am  #31

dufc5 wrote:

Macho Man wrote:

is he really an upgrade on what we currently have, i don't rate him as a central defender so he would only be a right back and possibly injury cover.

30/4/2024 1:11 pm  #32

For a centre back i hope we’re looking at Jason Kerr leaving Wigan, was really good for St Johnstone. Shaun Rooney who won the double as well with them is free after leaving Fleetwood.

2 solid players who know this league well.

30/4/2024 6:15 pm  #33

Wasn't Shaun Rooney a total bombscare who had the season of his life when no-one was allowed to see it?

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

02/5/2024 1:50 pm  #34

For CH's I'd be looking at Liam Gordon from St Johnstone and Warren O'Hora from MK Don's. Both out of contract and good defenders.

In central midfield I'd also look to bring Jamie Lindsay in. Good box to box player and now out of contract at Rotherham.

A couple of strikers that are out of contract and would be achievable signings, Will Evans of Newport, scored a lot of goals this season, including his goal against Man Utd in the FA Cup, and Bruce Anderson of Livingston. Anderson is a decent striker, has a bit of pace that we lack up top.

03/5/2024 11:21 am  #35

Just having a look at out of contract players in the premiership

Marley Watkins & Greg Stewart at killie

Joel nouble & Bruce Anderson at livi

Liam Kelly, Callum slattery, bevis mugabi & sam Nicholson at Motherwell

Jon McLaughlin & zac Lovelace at rangers

Simon Murray, Ross Callaghan & Jordan Tilson 🤣🤣 at Ross county

Liam Gordon & Daniel Phillips at st Johnston

Alex gogic, Charles dunne & Ryan strain at st Mirren

All probably realistic options who would all make a difference to our squad, obviously canna sign them all, but i would much rather we filled our squad with good players from other teams in the premiership the first season back than a lot of unknowns from down south and abroad, that’s what Mcinnes does every year where ever he is.

03/5/2024 11:54 am  #36

F sake, Lovelace, last time I watched him he got sent off for his second simulation yellow card in the same game. Attitude looked ropey from the off, if his contract isn’t renewed it’s for a reason.

edit to add, I'm pretty sure he got a yellow for simulation in the youth cup final he played in too, cheating bassa.

Last edited by Arab99 (03/5/2024 12:06 pm)

03/5/2024 2:26 pm  #37

Fuck knows how the rebuild goes, but filling the team with guys who always hang around the bottom of the league, will see us become a survival outfit.

We've got to aim higher than just being in the league or there's no point imho.

Don't go daft like under Ross with crazy marquee signings, but spend the budget wisely, spread it across the squad and there's no reason we won't be a pretty decent team up there.

03/5/2024 2:50 pm  #38

SuperMario wrote:

Just having a look at out of contract players in the premiership

Marley Watkins & Greg Stewart at killie

Joel nouble & Bruce Anderson at livi

Liam Kelly, Callum slattery, bevis mugabi & sam Nicholson at Motherwell

Jon McLaughlin & zac Lovelace at rangers

Simon Murray, Ross Callaghan & Jordan Tilson 🤣🤣 at Ross county

Liam Gordon & Daniel Phillips at st Johnston

Alex gogic, Charles dunne & Ryan strain at st Mirren

All probably realistic options who would all make a difference to our squad, obviously canna sign them all, but i would much rather we filled our squad with good players from other teams in the premiership the first season back than a lot of unknowns from down south and abroad, that’s what Mcinnes does every year where ever he is.

Bruce Anderson, Liam Kelly, Ryan Strain, Liam Gordon and Alex Gogic are 5 i would really like here. Aged 25, 28, 27, 28 and 30 so all well experienced in Scotland & a group you could tie down for 2-3 years to build upon.

04/5/2024 1:55 am  #39

In terms of Strikers.

Kevin Van Veen, anyone?

Seems out of favour at Groningen, who have just been promoted back to Erividisie (so will presumably want a better standard Striker anyway).

And weirdly, hasn't featured much at all on loan at Killie.

Get the feeling he'd love it at Utd. And seems they type who needs to feel loved.

04/5/2024 8:20 am  #40

David_Blunkett wrote:

Fuck knows how the rebuild goes, but filling the team with guys who always hang around the bottom of the league, will see us become a survival outfit.

We've got to aim higher than just being in the league or there's no point imho.

Don't go daft like under Ross with crazy marquee signings, but spend the budget wisely, spread it across the squad and there's no reason we won't be a pretty decent team up there.

Exacto.
I keen on one or two marquee signings on the caveat that it causes no friction and they play for the shirt + of course finances.
That said some might have called Sibbald a journeyman - look how that turned out, first pick every week and player of the season.
If we wan't journeymen for squad - keep Grimshaw, do a lot worse.
... Down to you Jim

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (04/5/2024 8:38 am)

04/5/2024 12:46 pm  #41

Wotherspoon confirmed he’s away

Honestly wouldn’t have been against giving a 1 year deal as you can see how good a player he is but I’m kinda happy that sounds like we’re going to be ruthless with the outgoings

04/5/2024 12:58 pm  #42

SuperMario wrote:

Honestly wouldn’t have been against giving a 1 year deal as you can see how good a player he is but I’m kinda happy that sounds like we’re going to be ruthless with the outgoings

dont think he has the legs for the prem anymore

04/5/2024 1:15 pm  #43

dufc2019 wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

dont think he has the legs for the prem anymore

He’s never had the pace, he’s just a incredibly clever footballer- wouldn’t be surprised to see him back in Perth

04/5/2024 6:08 pm  #44

All the best to Wotherspoon, he’d be a great signing for one of the championship favourites like Raith, Livi or Falkirk.

04/5/2024 7:53 pm  #45

Tek wrote:

In terms of Strikers.

Kevin Van Veen, anyone?

Seems out of favour at Groningen, who have just been promoted back to Erividisie (so will presumably want a better standard Striker anyway).

And weirdly, hasn't featured much at all on loan at Killie.

Get the feeling he'd love it at Utd. And seems they type who needs to feel loved.

I'd take him in a heartbeat,but also I'd really like us to keep Moult.

04/5/2024 10:02 pm  #46

Wotherspoon is the only confirmed departure and of course it's very early days, but it appears the manager won't be fucking about.

I'd like to think he made his mind up on who to keep/bin a while back, but obviously kept his cards close to his chest.

I expect once the weekend is over, we'll start to get more news.

04/5/2024 10:26 pm  #47

Arabdownsouth wrote:

I'd probably cut Moult loose. Done us a turn this season, yes, but think we need a better standard in the Prem, and also some much needed pace because neither he nor Watt have that.

I'd love Simon Murray and Van Veen, with Moult and Watt as back-up forwards (if they're to stay).

But maybe, that's just wishful thinking. Not sure Moult would necessarily stay to play back-up either.

Want us to have a right strong squad this season and be able to go to Ibrox, Parkhead, Pittodrie, Tynecastle and fancy ourselves to give them all a game. 

05/5/2024 12:17 am  #48

Rumour that we want Alex Gogic.

Be very happy with that signing.

Rated him since his days at Accies.

05/5/2024 12:28 am  #49

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

I'd probably cut Moult loose. Done us a turn this season, yes, but think we need a better standard in the Prem, and also some much needed pace because neither he nor Watt have that.

I'd love Simon Murray and Van Veen, with Moult and Watt as back-up forwards (if they're to stay).

But maybe, that's just wishful thinking. Not sure Moult would necessarily stay to play back-up either.

Want us to have a right strong squad this season and be able to go to Ibrox, Parkhead, Pittodrie, Tynecastle and fancy ourselves to give them all a game. 

Catching up from last night, I  guess going by Moults interview that he is going to be sticking around.

05/5/2024 12:59 am  #50

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Catching up from last night, I guess going by Moults interview that he is going to be sticking around.

I'd be ok with that as long as.

1) It's only a 1 year deal
2) We are looking as him being more a squad man, back-up Striker

He seems to love the club and his experience would be welcome, but only in the event of the above imo.

Board footera