Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20/4/2024 11:07 am  #26

Re: Utd Vs Ayr - Saturday 20th April

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68851457

Good article about Utd’season.

Just go and win it today, that’s all.

Last edited by BMT (20/4/2024 11:08 am)

20/4/2024 1:43 pm  #27

We've got three darts in our hands ready to hit the winning double. The first ones the easiest, miss it and it only gets harder.

20/4/2024 1:59 pm  #28

Tillson instead of Wotherspoon in for Docherty, this is why I don't want Goodwin here next season in a nutshell.

20/4/2024 5:06 pm  #29

Fucking yes!!!!

FTD! Fuck the sheep, fuck the Huns...

United are back where we belong!

🧡🖤🧡🖤🧡

20/4/2024 5:12 pm  #30

YYessssssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!

20/4/2024 5:24 pm  #31

Champions 🏆🧡🖤🤍

Back where we belong 😎

20/4/2024 6:01 pm  #32

Thank the fucking lord.

Well done Jim and the boys

What a relief

20/4/2024 6:28 pm  #33

Great scenes at the FT whistle.
Not up there with winning one of our 5 majors trophies but also shouldn't be looked down on.
Even I'm not old enough to remember the last time we won the 2nd tier at Tannadice.

20/4/2024 7:04 pm  #34

3 points was all that mattered today, we have played better and lost.

Champions at the first attempt this time thankfully.

Home game against Thistle should be another great occasion.

20/4/2024 9:44 pm  #35

That was a nervous watch online, can only imagine what it was like inside tannadice.

Brilliant scenes when Mochrie scored and at full time, that's what football is all about.

20/4/2024 10:39 pm  #36

kiwiarab wrote:

That was a nervous watch online, can only imagine what it was like inside tannadice.

Brilliant scenes when Mochrie scored and at full time, that's what football is all about.

It was exactly as you imagine,  I thought we rushed it a bit too much, far too eager to get it up to Louis and Tony.

At the end it was just a mass outburst of collective relief.

Brilliant to see so many Arabs enjoying themselves.

Roll on the next two Fridays.

21/4/2024 1:28 am  #37

I have been highly critical of Goodwin this season, and i stand by a lot of my criticism's of him.

But for tonight i will extend my warm congratulations to him and say  'Well done, Jim'. His first trophy win as a Manager and i'd imagine a very proud night for him and his family.

He and the players have delivered what we all demanded this season.

The Title. Nothing less.

Much bigger challenges to come now. Is he up to it? We will see, i have my doubts, but tonight is not the time.

Well done again to Jim and the players. I hope the owner backs him strongly in the Summer, and we can get back to being a proper football club.

Top 6
Hampden
Europe
ETC

Btw, look at Tony Watt here after the winner. He cares about this club. Wipe the slate clean regards whatevers went before.

Last edited by Tek (21/4/2024 1:56 am)

21/4/2024 9:18 am  #38

That was a lang sare fecht. However joab done. (unless of coorse the Fife hoors score 37 goals). Another match whar Eh aged aboot 5 years.

1st 15 mins - dominant, then the gehm got eeksy peeksy IMO.

Gled he took Tilson aff. Nuff sayed.

I never seen much difference in Ayrs performance even when they went doon to 10, but ither fowk did.

A lot oe oor coarners were a bit weird. Low bas into the near post. Came to phuck-all.

Was blotto last night, but it wisna so much the wedding doo Eh was celebrating !

No terribly impressed we the Ref.

The running onta the pitch at the end was as much oe a relief as it was a celebration oe the result.

Mind lads. They'll be a shoartage oe wellies and waders in the shops. We'll hae twa gehms across the road in the swamp next Season !

MOTM fir me Middleton.

21/4/2024 11:43 am  #39

The last 15 minutes were amazing yesterday, the whole 9700 Arabs off their feet roaring the team on and the scenes at the goal and at full time were just a great outpouring of relief and joy. Enjoyed my evening last night and will enjoy today.

On the game itself, thought we defended well enough but Tillson in the middle couldn’t control that midfield. Middleton again had a good game. Great header by Watt for the goal. Not mochrie’s biggest fan but 9 massive pts he’s won us, good on you kid.

21/4/2024 12:02 pm  #40

Was nervy as anything yesterday up until Mochrie scored, thought we were going to have to go to Aridrie and get a result next Friday.    Well done to the manager and the team, they've won the league and that is all we wanted.  I know its not been great at times but we were top pretty much all season, scored the most goals and conceded the fewest by a mile so deserve to win it.

Lets now just enjoy the last two games and look forward to what will be an interesting summer.

22/4/2024 1:30 am  #41

Well done to the team and management. You had 1 job - and as unlikely as it seemed, you've achieved it in the end in relative ease.

The game itself - it was nervy. Fans and players alike. Had a spell at the start and end of the first half where we were decent but a lot of things weren't going our way - maybe with the nerves.  Didn't see what happened at the red but it was a catalyst for our performance. Weatherspoon added quality to our attack and both he and watt were talking Miller Thomson through the final stages of the game.

I never felt we were losing the game but didn't always think we were scoring.

Ayr are a horrible team which are definitely built in Scott browns model.

Cynical fouls every time we broke away, jersey pulling and pushes all day long and horrific time wast8ng by their keeper - little of which was punished by the ref.

Ref was pretty poor. Missed some quite obvious corners and I didn't feel he punished some fouls as he should (a couple in a 5 minute spell for us too).

Seemed v upset by our moult walking to the dugout to be subbed off - which is pretty standard practice and made him leave at the nearest point - not something followed up with any other sub.

All in all, the right result and one I'm really relieved to have come our way. 2 games to go and we can relax a little and look forward to a good summer.

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

22/4/2024 8:52 am  #42

Tangy wrote:

Didn't see what happened at the red but it was a catalyst for our performance.

McAllister (Ayry Fairy United) elbowed Glenn Middleton in the pus.

22/4/2024 9:25 am  #43

Job done.  Unnecessarily the hard way at times, but done nonetheless.  Rovers eventually ran out of steam just as we found our second wind.  Overall a sense of relief rather than achievement (it was a very poor league this year and one we should have had wrapped up long before now).

Goodwin is a tough one.  He got a lot wrong this year but he seems to have had the dressing room stick with him and he has delivered the main objective.  It has been a difficult watch at times and we need a fairly large personnel change to be competitive next season (and by competitive I mean safe from relegation).

My knee jerk reaction is to let him go, but I do wonder if he has suffered with a lack of support this year.  There has been an awful lot on one man's shoulders, but he has done what was needed.  If we do get new investment and they want to hold on to him and support him better than Yankie Doodle Dandy then perhaps it is worth giving him a chance.  If we don't get the investment then, realistically who else is going to come in?  I think the best for all might be that new investors have their own plans and own man to bring in but if I was a betting man then I think it will be Goodwin come August.  Hopefully with a bit of a budget to boost a very thin squad.

22/4/2024 11:09 am  #44

looking at the goal, Watt and Moult never went into the crowd, were they:

a) Too stecky to jump the advertising board ?
b)  Afraid of getting booked
c) Both

22/4/2024 5:35 pm  #45

Magnificent 👏

Last edited by Tek (22/4/2024 7:23 pm)

22/4/2024 5:38 pm  #46

dufc2019 wrote:

c) Both

My guess is C🤣

I have on numerous occasions questioned Watts commitment but from the snippets being released and his twitter feed he seems to be genuinely loving it at United.

22/4/2024 10:25 pm  #47

dufc2019 wrote:

c) Both

Seriously ?
Harsh.
Look again.
Especially Watt, turns palms down tellin the rest of them calm, games no over yet, then kneels down overcome wi emotion.

Every right to be a wee bit strechie - they earned it.

Board footera