Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/10/2015 4:36 pm  #1

Things from movies that scared you when you were a kid

As it is the Halloween season, what thing gave you nightmares, freaked you out or downright terrified you as a kid from watching a movie.

I will kick it off..

The Wheelers from Return to Oz.

I could have this whole film in, but narrowed it down to these creepy mofo's. Looking back now, they still gives me a shudder, but the whole thing was pretty well done. And a forgotten about movie that is actually pretty decent. Still wouldnt show it to my kids just now! 

30/10/2015 4:52 pm  #2

Re: Things from movies that scared you when you were a kid

Pennywise 'the fucking' Clown

From Stephen King's IT.

Still a creepy bastard.

Well played to Tim Curry from going from Rocky Horrow Show to this, then to being slapped in Home Alone 2

Heard he doesnt keep too well nowadays 

30/10/2015 5:07 pm  #3

Last one for my starter for three...

Jaws. The Pier Incident

The whole movie traumatised me when I was a kid, still hate going in the water (which isnt very clever since I was a Lifeguard for 4 years, and done a stint as Beach Lifeguard in West Sands St. Andrews for a summer!), there are more 'jump out' scenes in the movie than this, but as a whole this is just a perfect moment.

The lighting, the sound effects, THAT music!!! Even the acting was good from two local Martha Vineyard natives that casting director Shari Rhodes got from the local theatre group. And the thing that still gets me is that you dont even see the shark. It's left to your imagination what the shark looks like underneath the water.

It scared me shiteless as a kid, and looking back on it now the old heart rate still beats a bit faster, perfect scene in a perfect movie.

But thats just my own humble opinion 

01/11/2015 11:55 pm  #4

Don't Look Now is the film that puts the shiters up me , freaks me right out.

no other film does really

Oh, what came of the things we once believed?

02/11/2015 12:17 am  #5

Edmond Dantes wrote:

Don't Look Now is the film that puts the shiters up me , freaks me right out.

no other film does really

The Wicker Man as well. Fucking well creepy. Makes me distrust all rural dwellers

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

08/11/2015 4:02 pm  #6

huntedbyafreak wrote:

Makes me distrust all rural dwellers

Even if they voted Yes??  :-p

Procrastination is the thief of Time

09/11/2015 5:10 pm  #7

I was about 11 or so and went to the Forest Park cinema. Didn't even know what was on! It turned out to be a Frankenstein movie. I was terrified! Next movie was fecking Dracula!  I was outa there and walking home in the middle of the road....

Next week it was The Lodger, a Jack the Ripper film. My nerves were shattered....

Procrastination is the thief of Time

11/11/2015 12:11 am  #8

Even now

I don't know a lot, but I know what I like!

26/1/2024 9:31 am  #9

Sieb22 wrote:

Last one for my starter for three...

Jaws. The Pier Incident

The whole movie traumatised me when I was a kid, still hate going in the water (which isnt very clever since I was a Lifeguard for 4 years, and done a stint as Beach Lifeguard in West Sands St. Andrews for a summer!), there are more 'jump out' scenes in the movie than this, but as a whole this is just a perfect moment.

The lighting, the sound effects, THAT music!!! Even the acting was good from two local Martha Vineyard natives that casting director Shari Rhodes got from the local theatre group. And the thing that still gets me is that you dont even see the shark. It's left to your imagination what the shark looks like underneath the water.

It scared me shiteless as a kid, and looking back on it now the old heart rate still beats a bit faster, perfect scene in a perfect movie.

But thats just my own humble opinion 

Best movie ever made - watched it in the old ABC with big bruv, I was Primary 7! Now live in Perth Western Australia and love scuba diving, seen a few of these big fish and always follow the advice - go to the bottom and stay as still as possible until it goes looking for another snack.

They are beautiful creatures (I prefer the tiger shark though, gorgeous!) and this film ended up with them becoming semi-endangered.

We've had quite a few fatals recently, but mainly bull sharks - they are some moody creatures!

Ubi amor, ibi dolor

Board footera