Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/1/2017 11:35 pm  #26

Re: Trainspotting 2

Tek wrote:

Edmond Dantes wrote:

think it was the same day FKT was on with Jim White

What's this?

Foo Kin Twat was on before lunchtime -in this strips for kids competition -against 4 other teams.

You should all vote for Northstar U11s on the talksport website.

Oh, what came of the things we once believed?

30/1/2017 12:03 am  #27

Edmond Dantes wrote:

Tek wrote:

Edmond Dantes wrote:

think it was the same day FKT was on with Jim White

What's this?

Foo Kin Twat was on before lunchtime -in this strips for kids competition -against 4 other teams.

You should all vote for Northstar U11s on the talksport website.

I will do.

30/1/2017 1:13 am  #28

this track from T2

30/1/2017 10:21 am  #29

Seen it on friday, thought it was outstanding.

30/1/2017 9:13 pm  #30

Enjoyed the film, not nearly as good as the first though, I felt this was was more of a comedy and lines written to get laughs rather than lines written that made you laugh.

I got the feeling that it was possibly a semi biopic as Spud playing the role of Welsh.

30/1/2017 10:29 pm  #31

SPOILER ALERT: DON'T READ IF NOT SEEN THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!

I really enjoyed the first 3/4 of the film but thought the ending fell flat. The nostalgia element works well up to a point. However, just when the film is away to forge it's own distinct direction (after they get the money and start building the sauna/brothel) it is quickly rushed to final act for the inevitable confrontation with Begbie. All of the plot is basically forgotten about other than Spud starting to show talent as writer. It would've been better if they'd got the sauna up and running and then had a confrontation with the gangster Mr Doyle with Begbie intervening then. Instead, we get one scene where they are warned off by Mr Doyle then forget about the plan basically so they have an excuse to move the plot onto Begbie. It was still enjoyable to see the last bit but for me, it was a wasted opportunity.

Last edited by lifesanocean (30/1/2017 10:34 pm)

Too much commotion

30/1/2017 10:56 pm  #32

Tek wrote:

this track from T2

I downloaded this as soon as I seen the trailer. Its the only track on the sequel soundtrack that would've not been out of place in the original.

Too much commotion

02/2/2017 1:46 pm  #33

I enjoyed it. 
I liked that you got to know more about the characters, particularly Begbie & Spud. 
The wee bulgarian lass is a fucking weapon. 
Thought there was more of a story to it, had a bit of purpose this time. Original was more just about what these guys got upto but this time there seemed to be a plot. 
Some parts were hilarious. 
Think too many people were expecting another film in the mould of Trainspotting and they're likely ot be disappointed as thats not what this is meant to be. 

IMO.

Edit: Cant decide what Gail was referring to when she said she can think of a name for Spuds book. She referring to T1 or the prequel book Skagboys? 

Last edited by WeeDude_83 (02/2/2017 1:49 pm)

02/2/2017 4:39 pm  #34

WeeDude_83 wrote:

I enjoyed it. 
I liked that you got to know more about the characters, particularly Begbie & Spud. 
The wee bulgarian lass is a fucking weapon. 
Thought there was more of a story to it, had a bit of purpose this time. Original was more just about what these guys got upto but this time there seemed to be a plot. 
Some parts were hilarious. 
Think too many people were expecting another film in the mould of Trainspotting and they're likely ot be disappointed as thats not what this is meant to be. 

IMO.

Edit: Cant decide what Gail was referring to when she said she can think of a name for Spuds book. She referring to T1 or the prequel book Skagboys? 

I think her title was going to be 'Lust For Life' as the next (final) scene is Renton playing that record in his bedroom.

05/2/2017 11:40 am  #35

The scene in the loyalist pub was funny as fuck imo

07/2/2017 3:33 pm  #36

lifesanocean wrote:

SPOILER ALERT: DON'T READ IF NOT SEEN THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!

Agree with this. Personally thought the film was no more  than ok. Certainly not a patch on the first one.

I really enjoyed the first 3/4 of the film but thought the ending fell flat. The nostalgia element works well up to a point. However, just when the film is away to forge it's own distinct direction (after they get the money and start building the sauna/brothel) it is quickly rushed to final act for the inevitable confrontation with Begbie. All of the plot is basically forgotten about other than Spud starting to show talent as writer. It would've been better if they'd got the sauna up and running and then had a confrontation with the gangster Mr Doyle with Begbie intervening then. Instead, we get one scene where they are warned off by Mr Doyle then forget about the plan basically so they have an excuse to move the plot onto Begbie. It was still enjoyable to see the last bit but for me, it was a wasted opportunity.

I live my life with no remorse or regret!..one life no re-hearsal!!.....lets get naked!!

26/1/2024 9:16 am  #37

Tek wrote:

I enjoyed it.

They bridged the gap between the past,the intermittent 20 years and the present pretty well i thought.

My only minor criticism is i felt it wasn't quite dark enough.

The 1st film had AIDS,cot death,bloody glassings in pubs,hallucinations about dead babies,Spud shitting the bed,condoms getting ripped off of semi erect knobs,near fatal overdoses etc etc etc.

This one was almost 'feelgood' in comparison.I felt they never quite went for it enough.That shock value that you felt when (say for instance) Begbie glasses the guy in the pub was missing.

Found it an enjoyable watch though as a huge fan of the first film and Irvine Welsh's novels (btw i did think this film was more loyal to Welsh's books than the first film).

Will i still be referencing lines from T2 in 20 years time and watching it time after time though?Doubtful.

So i suppose you could could compare it in that regard to the other T2 (Terminator 2) i.e. pretty damn decent but not having the 'wow factor' or the cultural iconography of their predecessors.

Still though.I would certainly watch it again and it was just fucking brilliant tbh to see all those actors and characters together again on screen.

Last comment.Robert Carlyle is a terrific actor and Begbie stole every scene.

Irvine Welsh's best character still.

p.s. door left ajar for possible 3rd movie i felt.

T2 is magnificent!

Ubi amor, ibi dolor

Board footera