Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/3/2023 11:49 am  #26

Re: Utd vs Aberdeen - Saturday 4/3/23 (6PM)

The approach was better and we seemed to be attacking with more speed and impetuous with less sideways passing.

All three goal came from one player who had a nightmare but to be honest a decent keeper stops 1 or more of those goals. Loaning out a keeper and not bringing one in will probably be shown as our biggest mistake.  We now have a guy no one has any confidence in, an inexperienced keeper and potentially an out of contact signing as our options for the 11 remaining games.

05/3/2023 12:25 pm  #27

Was it a femily doo right efter the match inta the sma oors.

Overall we were the better side, esp. the 1st half defo.

Deflections and clearances aside, oot oe the 20 odd attempts we canna finish.

1st goal Edwards taks too lang to clear and loses ba to Dook then he doesna challenge to get the ba back.
2nd Freeman and Edwards get in ain anther's road and Edwards ends up on hes erse
3rd Edwards on hes Erse again

How the phuck was Mackenzie no booked or even sent aff fir the challange on Sadat.

Seek as phuck.

05/3/2023 12:30 pm  #28

We looked much more organised but again defensive frailties and no cutting edge was there for all to see.

The 2nd goal - Freeman was fouled for me when he cleared it but of course Beaton gives them a throw.

Just can't see us winning another game unless we cam cut out the errors at the back.

Surely Graham deserves a shot in there now?  I know he's not been great this season when he has played but I think he deserves a chance under Goodwin to see what he can do again.

06/3/2023 1:28 pm  #29

Tek wrote:

Not concerning the game, but i noticed Middleton was nowhere to be seen in the squad tonight.

Did that fud Liam Fox compound his injury last week by bringing him on? Would seem so.

Middleton declared himself unfit for the Ross County game but Fox (Asghar) declared him fit and forced him into the  matchday squad then brought him on chasing a lost cause.

Goodwin actually listened to Middleton and left him out.

Straight from the horses mouth.

06/3/2023 5:30 pm  #30

I'm feeling confident that Goodwin will quickly identify the areas that are costing us points and will make the necessary changes asap. He had 12 games, 11 now, to rebuild his reputation. If we go down, he's out of a job and not top of anyone's list for a new manager, so he has nothing to lose. Smith dropped on Saturday, I think we'll see Edwards left out on Wednesday too, and it's hard to see Birighitti lasting much longer. I wouldn't be surprised to see us go to some version of a 4-4-2 for Livi.

Board footera