Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

31/8/2022 12:55 pm  #1001

Re: Summer Transfer Window

More often than not, teams play 1 striker. We've got Fletcher and Watt who can both play there as well as the young lad McLeod and the new ugandan boy - it's probably enough.

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

31/8/2022 3:53 pm  #1002

Was that really Diego at our training.  Wouldn't put it past TA to have good contacts in the Underworld.  Either that or we've given Albert Kidd training rights - probably more likely...

31/8/2022 4:21 pm  #1003

Was that really Diego at our training.  Wouldn't put it past TA to have good contacts in the Underworld.  Either that or we've given Albert Kidd training rights - probably more likely...

15/9/2022 8:55 pm  #1004

Neilson standout for hearts tonight

How’s the compo looking big Tony ?

15/9/2022 9:23 pm  #1005

SuperMario wrote:

Neilson standout for hearts tonight

How’s the compo looking big Tony ?

The next accounts will show whether we have received any compo or not.

I think if we were due any though, Utd would be quick to say via their media lackies.

16/9/2022 9:19 am  #1006

Rumours about that Aussie goalie away back and contract ripped up.

If so, what a total embarrassment.

16/9/2022 9:49 am  #1007

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Heard he's playing the homesick card. Should have been alarm bells after him going back to oz for similar reasons the last time he played over here.

16/9/2022 10:16 am  #1008

The issue here is not the Aussie.  It's the clowns who scouted and signed him.

You could see after 5 minutes of watching the guy that he was not going to be suited to playing in Scotland.  

Distribution - OK; Positional sense - poor; Crosses - very poor; Shot stopping - questionable; Communication with defence - poor.

Not only have we wasted time and money on this boy, but we've missed the opportunity to go out and sign a decent No.1 (even more farcical was that we actually had a passable no.1 on the books already in Carson).  We are now left with the questionable Finn - hopefully he'll have taken a bit of confidence from his international call up as we have done our best to undermine him from day one...

Unfortunately, as long as Tony thinks he can pick 'rough diamonds' and turn them into saleable assets we are going to see more and more of this type of signing.  None have succeeded thus far and we don't seem to be producing any Academy talent either (bar the one who strolled through a game last night at a level we can only now dream of - and it appears we allowed to leave for nothing).

Can we ditch our incompetent management please?

16/9/2022 12:19 pm  #1009

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Fucking hope so

18/9/2022 1:44 pm  #1010

Wonder if our scouts were watching that St Mirren goalie who kept a clean sheet 🤔

18/9/2022 1:47 pm  #1011

Ken m8. The Midden now 10 points ahaed oe us.

Last edited by Billy_Hainey (18/9/2022 1:47 pm)

18/9/2022 3:16 pm  #1012

Danzaa wrote:

Wonder if our scouts were watching that St Mirren goalie who kept a clean sheet 🤔

he's no bad

18/9/2022 5:09 pm  #1013

Definitely more to the Trevor Carson situation than meets the eye.

Came back from Xmas night out in Newcastle with a belter of a black eye. Subsequently plays a blinder at Ibrox in a narrow defeat, then days later punted to lowly Morecambe. And we sign Eriksson (who never played 1 minute the rest of the season).

None of it makes sense.

18/9/2022 5:49 pm  #1014

Tek wrote:

Came back from Xmas night out in Newcastle with a belter of a black eye. Subsequently plays a blinder at Ibrox in a narrow defeat, then days later punted to lowly Morecambe. And we sign Eriksson (who never played 1 minute the rest of the season).

None of it makes sense.

As you know Tek, I'm not one for slamming the club for every little thing. But the goalkeeping situation is a fucking abomination and is going to get us relegated. That St Mirren result highlights everything that is wrong with us just now.

19/9/2022 12:50 am  #1015

Danzaa wrote:

No a bad player I believe ...

... Do we have old fashioned scouting system

19/9/2022 1:13 am  #1016

United Arab Emarite wrote:

To provide some sort of context Carson's signing was looked upon as a very risky one. This was on the back of two serious injuries, one an ankle, one a knee requiring surgery. In between he had a career if not life threatening illness all about the Covid time & in effect hadn't had a prolonged period of playing or even training for months.

That is all correct UAE.

But he had been with us just 4/5 months and when called upon had done really well. It was also obvious Benji would be with us no later than May.

Everything should have pointed at Carson being No.2 for a season and building up his fitness, then taking over as No.1 (which he would be now).

The signing of Eriksson seems to be the pre-cursor for his departure. And to our detriment, given the current mess with two Keepers we have little faith in.

19/9/2022 1:42 am  #1017

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

None of it makes sense.

As you know Tek, I'm not one for slamming the club for every little thing. But the goalkeeping situation is a fucking abomination and is going to get us relegated. That St Mirren result highlights everything that is wrong with us just now.

ADS, as i've said before, and will say again, season 15/16 taught us all that not having a solid No.1 and instead a clutch of dodgy Keepers is the fragmented building block that will bring everything crashing down.

Even on Saturday, when Eriksson was generally 'better', there were still a couple of moments where i was thinking 'Wtf is he doing there?' in terms of punching cross balls, or just coming miles out of his box etc etc.

He looks like he has a mistake or two in him, in every match. A recipe for disaster.

19/9/2022 6:30 am  #1018

I agree with TEK and Arabdownsouth. Our goalkeeper situation is a massive own goal by the club.  Credit is due to Ericson who appears to be improving.

You could go back to 94/95 when Kelham O'Hanlon and Henrik Jorgensen were on goals, and we went down, similar to 2015/16

19/9/2022 11:43 am  #1019

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

None of it makes sense.

ADS, as i've said before, and will say again, season 15/16 taught us all that not having a solid No.1 and instead a clutch of dodgy Keepers is the fragmented building block that will bring everything crashing down.

Even on Saturday, when Eriksson was generally 'better', there were still a couple of moments where i was thinking 'Wtf is he doing there?' in terms of punching cross balls, or just coming miles out of his box etc etc.

He looks like he has a mistake or two in him, in every match. A recipe for disaster.

If the rumours are true about the Aussie fucking off back (I'm praying this is the case) then we absolutely have to get an emergency loan keeper in who's got enough experience and is a solid pro rather than some young kid. We need stability at the back before we can improve going forward. I think Tam knew this and did well with his available tools.

19/9/2022 2:14 pm  #1020

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

If the rumours are true about the Aussie fucking off back (I'm praying this is the case) then we absolutely have to get an emergency loan keeper in who's got enough experience and is a solid pro rather than some young kid. We need stability at the back before we can improve going forward. I think Tam knew this and did well with his available tools.

There must be some pretty decent keepers looking for a contract.

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

30/9/2022 5:22 pm  #1021

Charmers to Ayr on loan.

30/9/2022 5:55 pm  #1022

KdyArab wrote:

Charmers to Ayr on loan.

Career at United finished now. Just hasn't pushed on since breaking into the team.

03/10/2022 7:15 pm  #1023

Arnaud Djoum ex hearts, heard we’ve been speaking to him.

06/10/2022 7:01 am  #1024

RogerTheAlien wrote:

The courier are reporting he has been offered a trial with us

06/10/2022 10:38 am  #1025

kiwiarab wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

The courier are reporting he has been offered a trial with us

He's already here.

Hearing another player on trial also.

Board footera