Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/7/2022 8:22 am  #901

Re: Summer Transfer Window

Snacks94 wrote:

Think we’ll see Middleton arrive in next day or so

You think? or you've heard? 

Edit: you heard then 

Last edited by LarsErikKjell (29/7/2022 8:54 am)

29/7/2022 8:39 am  #902

Daily record saying we’ve agreed a fee with Newco for Glenn Middleton.

29/7/2022 9:19 am  #903

Finally

A winger

Praise the lord.

29/7/2022 12:28 pm  #904

Snacks94 wrote:

Think we’ll see Middleton arrive in next day or so

An additional to the squad in an area that should have been position one or two in our list of priorities.

Hopefully the lad can kick his career on and excite the fans.

Welcome to Tannadice young man.

29/7/2022 2:28 pm  #905

Declan Glass signs a 1 year contract extension (taking him till Summer 2024).

Then immediately sent to Derry City on loan until November.

We are very light in central midfielders now. Surely McGrath incoming?

29/7/2022 2:53 pm  #906

Tek wrote:

Declan Glass signs a 1 year contract extension (taking him till Summer 2024).

Then immediately sent to Derry City on loan until November.

We are very light in central midfielders now. Surely McGrath incoming?

jack Ross really hates our academy dosnt he ?

29/7/2022 5:33 pm  #907

United Arab Emarite wrote:

Puzzles me why someone who can score a goal like Declan Glass v Hibs on Boxing Day can't get a game.
It made Laurence's 50 yarder v St J look like a tappy-in.

That’s a bit of a stretch.

30/7/2022 12:49 am  #908

Canadian Arab wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

I know I'll get shot down for saying this, but I think it's been a BRILLIANT window so far.

The simple fact is the quality of players we have been tracking and subsequently signed were just not available earlier in the window . These guys have options to consider and are not in the least bit desperate to rush into anything.

The only way to get these players is either to offer huge wages, which we can't, or play the long game and persuade them their interests are best represented here.

The downside is they aren't in place for the start of pre season - for me that's a price worth paying.

It broke my heart to see some of the criticism of the club over the last few weeks, when in reality there have been massive efforts in the recruitment space that are now bearing fruit.

I can't wait to see which top player appears next!

You're not somebody from the club. You're either a dick from another forum trying to disrupt things here, or you're someone who can't read a room and needs to get out more. My money is on the former. You make some sensible points, as LEK pointed out, and you bury them in a a massive pile of wank designed to piss people off. Intentionally, IMO.

Away back to eastfootball, or wherever it is you come from.

Thats hurtful, to be honest.

I'm just a fan who expresses their opinion. No more, no less.

30/7/2022 1:04 am  #909

AlwaysUnited wrote:

If you're legit, I apologise.

But I don't believe you're legit. I consider myself a bit of a "happy clapper", but even the most deluded of happy clappers trying to put a positive spin on things wouldn't try and claim that a transfer window that, to the point of your post, had failed to address weaknesses we've had, and have been talking about, for years, was "BRILLIANT".

Last edited by Canadian Arab (30/7/2022 1:10 am)

30/7/2022 1:06 am  #910

Hot off the press:

While you lot were in your beds, United have signed Glenn Middleton!

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7411/DUNDEE-UNITED-SIGN-GLENN-MIDDLETON.html

A real, actual winger!

Have to say, this transfer window is shaping up to be absolutely BRILLIANT!

30/7/2022 5:37 am  #911

... Have to say he does talk some sense.
Shame about the 66% drivel and the 100% condescending.

30/7/2022 5:43 am  #912

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Canadian Arab wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

I know I'll get shot down for saying this, but I think it's been a BRILLIANT window so far.

The simple fact is the quality of players we have been tracking and subsequently signed were just not available earlier in the window . These guys have options to consider and are not in the least bit desperate to rush into anything.

The only way to get these players is either to offer huge wages, which we can't, or play the long game and persuade them their interests are best represented here.

The downside is they aren't in place for the start of pre season - for me that's a price worth paying.

It broke my heart to see some of the criticism of the club over the last few weeks, when in reality there have been massive efforts in the recruitment space that are now bearing fruit.

I can't wait to see which top player appears next!

You're not somebody from the club. You're either a dick from another forum trying to disrupt things here, or you're someone who can't read a room and needs to get out more. My money is on the former. You make some sensible points, as LEK pointed out, and you bury them in a a massive pile of wank designed to piss people off. Intentionally, IMO.

Away back to eastfootball, or wherever it is you come from.

So why the need for the condescending attitude towards other posters? And what's this bollocks about a broken heart? If reading stuff on a football message board breaks your heart then I don't think the internet is really your cup of tea do you?

30/7/2022 8:31 am  #913

Canadian Arab wrote:

Hot off the press:

While you lot were in your beds, United have signed Glenn Middleton!

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7411/DUNDEE-UNITED-SIGN-GLENN-MIDDLETON.html

A real, actual winger!

Have to say, this transfer window is shaping up to be absolutely BRILLIANT!

Good to finally get someone in on a 3 year contract to give a bit of stability. Noticed most of these out of contract signings only commit for 2 years.

02/8/2022 6:28 pm  #914

Jamie McGrath inside Tannadice tonight by all accounts, loan deal until the end of the season imminent.

02/8/2022 6:50 pm  #915

So signed 2 x Australia, 1 x Welsh and 1 x Ireland internationals...

I've seen worse transfer windows

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

02/8/2022 6:53 pm  #916

Tangy wrote:

Scottish International Steven Fletcher too 😉

02/8/2022 7:24 pm  #917

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tangy wrote:

Middleton’s Scotland U-21 captain too I think.

Say what you want about Asghar, but he’s done some really good business this summer. A ball winner in the middle (Shinnie?) and we’ve got a real chance of finishing 3rd and competing for cups. Hard to imagine that it was just a few year ago we were signing boys like Lyng, Nichols and Mikkelsen.

Squad’s pretty bloated now though, don’t see where guys like Pawlett, Clark and Chalmers fit in anymore. Done a job in getting us where we are, but they’re no at the level we require now.

02/8/2022 7:28 pm  #918

JerryDungle wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tangy wrote:

Say what you want about Asghar, but he’s done some really good business this summer. A ball winner in the middle (Shinnie?) and we’ve got a real chance of finishing 3rd and competing for cups. Hard to imagine that it was just a few year ago we were signing boys like Lyng, Nichols and Mikkelsen.

Squad’s pretty bloated now though, don’t see where guys like Pawlett, Clark and Chalmers fit in anymore. Done a job in getting us where we are, but they’re no at the level we require now.

Pawlett and Clark will still do a job for us at this level. Agree with the post though, and just shows how ridiculous some of the stuff that's been aimed at Tony Asghar actually is. Would literally be our best window ever if we can persuade Shinnie to join up too

02/8/2022 7:38 pm  #919

Steven Fletcher
Dylan Levitt
Glenn Middleton
Jamie McGrath

4 signings worthy of playing for United.

Well done Tony Asghar.

02/8/2022 7:47 pm  #920

As always it's better waiting until we se the scarf above the head picture before getting carried away.
Some of the absolute childish nonsense that was directed at TA and the club on this thread was an embarrassment.

02/8/2022 7:50 pm  #921

Arabdownsouth wrote:

JerryDungle wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Pawlett and Clark will still do a job for us at this level. Agree with the post though, and just shows how ridiculous some of the stuff that's been aimed at Tony Asghar actually is. Would literally be our best window ever if we can persuade Shinnie to join up too

We could get much better mate, Pawlett doesn’t need replacing, we’ve plenty options in the attacking midfield positions, and Pawlett would be way down the list now, especially considering he’s out till October so will be playing catch up fitness wise. Clark, we could defo upgrade on, I wouldn’t be too comfortable with the idea Clark as our starting centre forward if Fletcher gets injured.

Hearts and Aberdeen will be our competition for 3rd/4th, if we were to release Clark and Pawlett now, do you think either of they clubs would be falling over each other to try and sign them? Me neither.

02/8/2022 9:15 pm  #922

Could AU have had a point.... ? 
If all signings come to fruition it's a great statement of intent.

- Albeit a fortnight too late.
- Lets wait till we see the scarf above with McGrath.   Indeed I'll no be 101% certain about Behich until I see him on bench or running on.     .. Edit ADS on other thread saying Work Permit sorted for Behich - good one.
- As for Clark, Pawlett, Chalmers.   Clark for me's a keeper, others down to TA/JR bearing in mind that Mulgrew & Fletcher will you'd think pick up injuries. 

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (02/8/2022 9:21 pm)

02/8/2022 11:01 pm  #923

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

- Lets wait till we see the scarf above with McGrath.   Indeed I'll no be 101% certain about Behich until I see him on bench or running on.     .. Edit ADS on other thread saying Work Permit sorted for Behich - good one.
- As for Clark, Pawlett, Chalmers.   Clark for me's a keeper, others down to TA/JR bearing in mind that Mulgrew & Fletcher will you'd think pick up injuries. 

5'10" is pretty short for a keeper.

03/8/2022 10:15 am  #924

Canadian Arab wrote:

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

5'10" is pretty short for a keeper.

03/8/2022 11:33 am  #925

McGrath announced.  Just need the defensive mid and other striking option and we'll be done...

Board footera