Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/5/2022 6:46 pm  #1

McNulty out for rest of the Season

Knee injury. Severe according to TC on STV News.

05/5/2022 7:27 pm  #2

Re: McNulty out for rest of the Season

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Knee injury. Severe according to TC on STV News.

Get well soon Marc, good luck with the rest of your career elsewhere though.

05/5/2022 11:47 pm  #3

It’s in ours, and his best interests, that he looks for a new club

06/5/2022 12:50 am  #4

Good luck to the boy in future. But Dundee United need much better if we are to progress as a club.

Hopefully his omission in the final 3 Premiership games means Tam is forced to give more game time to the likes of Meekison, Cudjoe, MacLeod, or Thomson.

06/5/2022 9:46 am  #5

so now we just need to understand who will be coming on for Nicky Clark in the second half or does his injury mean he will get the full 90 lol!

06/5/2022 1:14 pm  #6

I'm neither a McNulty lover or hater... I think he performs a role for the team but think he needs more in terms of output..but that aside, who do we put in to replace him. We struggle for options that far up the pitch and clark is not that player. I think most of the players mentioned are more midfield based and/or would get ragdolled by premiership defenders?

From what I can see, only real option is Tony watt up front and replace his position on the left

Last edited by Tangy (06/5/2022 1:16 pm)

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

06/5/2022 1:22 pm  #7

Tangy wrote:

From what I can see, only real option is Tony watt up front and replace his position on the left

Agree with you there. Seems a sensible option.

06/5/2022 4:04 pm  #8

Depending on our insurance policy can see us giving McNulty a short term contract to cover his recuperation.  If that is the right thing to do I am OK with that as long as there is no prospect of him playing for us again.

06/5/2022 8:34 pm  #9

I wish the lad well with rest of career and thank him for his efforts.

He always gave 100% but in my opinion was miles off it in terms of quality.

10/5/2022 2:34 am  #10

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Finished the season on 3 Utd goals. The same amount as Lawrence Shankland.

Shankland departed last August.

10/5/2022 10:36 am  #11

I don't think it was unreasonable of us to expect a return in at least double figures from a player of his experience.

I always thought maybe the way we play doesn't suit his style but it was one of our recent matches maybe against Hibs where he seemed to miss chance after chance, either not connect with the ball properly or hit it wide/ over.

I don't wish him any misfortune I just don't really want to see him run out in a United shirt - 2 seasons and the return in both has been poor

10/5/2022 1:37 pm  #12

Tek wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Finished the season on 3 Utd goals. The same amount as Lawrence Shankland.

Shankland departed last August.

Pathetic, could have called that when we resigned him last summer

Good luck to him in future

10/5/2022 1:56 pm  #13

Proper goalscorers are incredibly hard to come by. Even Shankland in the Premiership last season struggled to hit the numbers we expected. Watt isn't the answer but I do feel if he had a 'Shankland-level' of player up there with him then we'd see better numbers from him. 

Clark is a handy squad player but once again we've relied on him to be a regular source of goals which isn't sustainable. He needs to be our 4th choice striker next season. He'll still bag a handful of goals from sub appearances and inevitable appearances due to injury etc. But I want to see 2 out and out strikers signed this summer. It's the only way we can really progress. Along with some actual threat out wide and in the creative attacking positions. I'd genuinely be ok with us signing no defenders this summer. I think we'd make it through the season with what we have currently. But we need at least 2 strikers, 2 attacking mids/wingers and multiple midfielders. 

10/5/2022 5:21 pm  #14

I agree LEK with the players required especially in the forward department.

Going forward though if I am the guy with the final say on releasing the funds I would be giving serious consideration over the current recruitment process. 

Watt has been brought in to complement McNulty and I just don’t see it

Niskanen was bought also to supply chances for goals, the guy works like a dog but does he have the quality to set up chances? I’m very doubtful of it.

We need some real match winners in a squad currently with none, surely the man in charge of recruitments jacket is on a shaky nail.

Board footera