Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/3/2022 2:20 am  #51

Re: Out of contract players

which united players are out of contract?

05/3/2022 9:33 pm  #52

douglas arab wrote:

which united players are out of contract?

Off the top of my head.

Benji Siegrist
Trevor Carson
Mark Connolly
Adrian Sporle
Marc McNulty
Ian Harkes
Dylan Levitt
Kev McDonald

04/4/2022 9:52 pm  #53

Tek wrote:

Danny Mullen turning down new deal at Dundee. Would anyone take him?

Upgrade on both Clark and McNulty imo.

Rumours floating about that he's signed a pre-contract with us.

04/4/2022 10:30 pm  #54

In any eventuality, he's their best forward.  He was pushed to the side by their early season intent on playing Griffiths, Cummings and Sheridan.

He's a very decent player and knows where the goal is when given the opportunity.

04/4/2022 10:53 pm  #55

Scott Burns dismissing the Mullen rumours.

22/4/2022 3:42 pm  #56

Not seen much of an update on the out of contract players although may not see the updates in the local papers.  A quick scan of Transfermarkt show we have the below players out of contract or loan ended

Long Term Contracts
Benjamin Siegrist - would like to keep him but suspect he will get a better offer elsewhere and we have already signed his replacement
Adrián Sporle – Has never really worked out for him and the one time he started to appear regularly and show what he could offer he got injured so I would let him leave to free up some wages
Ian Harkes – I know some like him as a player but I think at the age he is at he has never really developed as much as I would have liked, would try to re-sign but wont be too upset if he leaves.
Nathan Cooney – At 20 he’s still young enough to come through and be a first team player, have seen what happened with Graham as such I would offer him and extension
Florent Hoti – Has never really shone on the appearances he has made and seems reluctant to go on loan, given the lack of game time fairly certain he will be released
Lewis Neilson – still a young developing player I would offer and extension to
Lennon Walker– still a young developing player I would offer and extension to
Adam Hutchinson – still a young developing player I would offer and extension to
Rhys Caves – still a young developing player I would offer and extension to

Short Term Deals
Kevin McDonald – on the rare occasions I have seen him he keeps our midfield ticking over I would offer him and extension
Maxime Biamou – lets not even go there

Loans
Marc McNulty – clearly going to be released by reading and if we sign him I will lose all faith in the coaching and management team given the lack of contribution over the two season
Dylan Levitt – Given the likely clear out at Man United he could be a decent option as another year on loan or a permanent signing if he is released.
Tim Akinola – He came, sat on the bench then went home

hopefully those closer to the club have more of an update.

Last edited by Lancashire-Arab (22/4/2022 3:43 pm)

22/4/2022 11:57 pm  #57

Totally forgot Lewis Neilson was out of contract.

I hope we rectify that asap.

23/4/2022 4:02 pm  #58

Stephen Robinson saying st Mirren have agreed a pre-contract with an international goalkeeper who is currently on loan at Morecambe so bye bye Trevor at end of the season.

23/4/2022 10:13 pm  #59

KdyArab wrote:

Stephen Robinson saying st Mirren have agreed a pre-contract with an international goalkeeper who is currently on loan at Morecambe so bye bye Trevor at end of the season.

Thought he signed a 2 year deal with us, we must be willing to cancel a large chunk of his contract unless Robinson is wrong - to be fair could be either

23/4/2022 10:47 pm  #60

You’re right he did sign a 2 year deal. Strange.

24/4/2022 12:34 am  #61

Tek wrote:

Very good player 100%

26/4/2022 10:57 am  #62

SuperMario wrote:

Tek wrote:

Very good player 100%

Agreed, I'd actually like to see him played on the right of our back 3 with Edwards in between him and Graham. Mulgrew has been mostly excellent for us but some dodgy performances recently. Maybe Neilson is holding off on renewing until he knows he'll get a chance? He's a very capable young guy.

02/5/2022 10:43 pm  #63

Neilson close to singing a new deal, along with Harkes according to Scott Burns

02/5/2022 11:24 pm  #64

Snacks94 wrote:

Neilson close to singing a new deal, along with Harkes according to Scott Burns

Happy with that news.

Just read we're in negotiations to bring Zander Clark in from St. Johnstone. I suppose that means Benji is away, but what about Eriksson? I can't see Clark coming to us to be a back-up. Maybe Erikkson not too happy after never seeing the field?

03/5/2022 11:55 pm  #65

What about the joker that went to Morecambe .. Trevor Carson - isn't he still on the books ?

04/5/2022 12:27 am  #66

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

What about the joker that went to Morecambe .. Trevor Carson - isn't he still on the books ?

He's supposedly signing for St.Mirren for a small fee as soon as the window opens up.

No idea what has happened there, as i actually think he's a good Keeper.

04/5/2022 11:26 am  #67

Tek wrote:

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

He's supposedly signing for St.Mirren for a small fee as soon as the window opens up.

Cheers Tek

04/5/2022 12:39 pm  #68

Tek wrote:

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Pretty sure he came in expecting Benji to be leaving and for him to be number one. Benji stayed and he wasn't happy sitting on the bench, fair enough really.

05/5/2022 10:46 am  #69

Erikkson, if he has the same work ethic as his countryman, plus the fact he knew he wasnae going to get a look in so long as Beji is here - you'd expect him to hang around.

Zander Clark is OK but disnae really do it for me, to me was partly at fault when Shanks made a dick of him wi thon unforgetable precision lob/chip.

06/5/2022 12:24 am  #70

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Pretty sure he came in expecting Benji to be leaving and for him to be number one. Benji stayed and he wasn't happy sitting on the bench, fair enough really.

That may be the simple explanation mate, who knows.

But it seemed a really strange departure in January, did it not?

Let's remember he played a blinder at Ibrox in late December in our narrow 1-0 defeat.

He also had a cracking black eye on the day. Feels like there's more to it.

Board footera