Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/2/2015 9:09 am  #1

good bit of buisness

done by our chairman and manager....lets face it they 2 were desperate to go and we cashed in

IN =
Mcgowan = Quality
Dickers = Amazing
Henry Anier = looks the biz
Murry = Ginger hair but another great young hungry signing
Robbie = Could turn out be a future legend and another capture of the best youth players in the league

OOT =-

2 bent shots

03/2/2015 10:40 am  #2

Re: good bit of buisness

I like your positivity the day after Armstrongaggeden 

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

03/2/2015 10:53 am  #3

Very much glass half full Seggy, well played.

For a bit of balance, and this is not necessarily my opinion:

IN =
Mcgowan = Lack of match fitness an issue in the short term, only 18 month deal.
Dickers = 3rd choice left back in a very poor Huddersfield team.
Henry Anier = hasn't touched the ball in 90 mins of action.
Murry = Scoring goals at a level worse than top flight Junior football.
Robbie = 2 goals in 40 games,

OOT =-

2 of our best players, to our closest rivals.

Last edited by Andy (03/2/2015 3:07 pm)

03/2/2015 2:27 pm  #4

Could have and shold have got more for Ammo.

Others are good signings tho.

03/2/2015 2:31 pm  #5

Andy why are you degrading our 5 new signings ?

Im baffled bud...personally when i look at these signings i think to myself mcnamara is going in the right direction considering looking at the obvious he isnt the man who decides who we sell to or how much...but what he has been doing is cracking on and scouring the leagues for the best young talent and i think he knows what he is doing

03/2/2015 2:33 pm  #6

St Obswell wrote:

I like your positivity the day after Armstrongaggeden 

Haha brilliant mate

03/2/2015 2:36 pm  #7

seggyboy73 wrote:

2 bent shots

LLF!  I always thought GMS was more than a bit girly! They'll probably share a flat in Glasgow......

03/2/2015 2:58 pm  #8

seggyboy73 wrote:

Andy why are you degrading our 5 new signings ?

Im baffled bud...personally when i look at these signings i think to myself mcnamara is going in the right direction considering looking at the obvious he isnt the man who decides who we sell to or how much...but what he has been doing is cracking on and scouring the leagues for the best young talent and i think he knows what he is doing

I'm not, I said it wasn't my opinion and was just adding a bit of balance, I don't think it's right to say we've come out of January well without adding a bit of perspective.

I think Dixon and McGowan will be the answers to our defensive problems, the other three I've no idea if they are any good, or better than the two boys we've just sent out on loan. I hope so.

03/2/2015 7:54 pm  #9

Ok, so now the dusts settled,

Wilson out - so far out the picture it will have no impact
McGowan for Watson = improvement
Dixon for Townsend = vast improvement
Anier & Muirhead for Armstrong & GMS = better balance in the squad while not being quite as good individual players.
I am disappointed they've gone, but they've forced the move, don't care what any statement says, it's clear as day, and we move on as a club.  Overall the squad hasn't really got drastically better or worse, but has better balance, lack of pace in vital area maybe the only real concern.

Finally, last night - Fuck me what an implosion in our support, forums, twitter etc were mental.
Folk saying they'd have rather lost to the Sheep than sold the "Parkhead pair"
Current and past players getting turned on for wishing their mates well
All the well that's the cup final lost, no point going comments
ST should stay in Oz, baldy snake, greedy bastard etc.
ST's doesn't care like his dad - if Eddie had kept doing what he was doing we'd be lucky to still have a club. It was his money, but he wasted millions and was intent on keeping spending, how long do you really think it would last.

We are still in the cup final, and make no mistake this will only spur the current squad on in that game.  I believe, let's all believe, this will be our best cup win yet beating those cunts.

03/2/2015 8:08 pm  #10

ST doesn't care for Utd like his Father.

I 100% stand by that.

Fans mouthed off a bit... so what? Surely that's what forums are for?

03/2/2015 8:19 pm  #11

TEK wrote:

ST doesn't care for Utd like his Father.

I 100% stand by that.

Fans mouthed off a bit... so what? Surely that's what forums are for?

Maybe he doesn't care as much, but Eddie financially wasn't the saviour he promised to be, he made a mess of it, as to be fair some of those before him also did.

Not having a go at fans mouthing off, just found some of the comments quite funny that's all.

Please don't get me wrong I'm as disappointed as anyone with last night, but it's done, because the players put the club in a position where it had to be done.

03/2/2015 8:57 pm  #12

Healthy bank balance and a great squad in the making thats what we should be excited about now and not dwell on yesterday   

03/2/2015 9:05 pm  #13

I stand by what i said and what i think

03/2/2015 9:24 pm  #14

bowers wrote:

Good for you bowers but dont think for one minute im having a dig at you or anyone else for that matter cause im defo not...ive seen alot worse shite over the years than what happened yesterday and personally i think we should move on...but everyone is entitled to their opinion and thats what a forum is for 

03/2/2015 9:48 pm  #15

I was a bit disappointed with the Armstrong fee and understand folks concerns about them missing from final but both played in St Johnstone final and both were fucking shite. If we're 1 nil down to Celtic in final do you guys think that GMS and Armstrong would be the guys to grab game by scruff of neck and turn it around? I doubt it tbh. We've lost finals v Celtic with better sides. We've also added a bit of steel to defence. We'll win that LC Final. Can sense it

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

03/2/2015 9:57 pm  #16

seggyboy73 wrote:

bowers wrote:

Good for you bowers but dont think for one minute im having a dig at you or anyone else for that matter cause im defo not...ive seen alot worse shite over the years than what happened yesterday and personally i think we should move on...but everyone is entitled to their opinion and thats what a forum is for 

Thats it mate thats what these places are for.

03/2/2015 10:10 pm  #17

huntedbyafreak wrote:

I was a bit disappointed with the Armstrong fee and understand folks concerns about them missing from final but both played in St Johnstone final and both were fucking shite. If we're 1 nil down to Celtic in final do you guys think that GMS and Armstrong would be the guys to grab game by scruff of neck and turn it around? I doubt it tbh. We've lost finals v Celtic with better sides. We've also added a bit of steel to defence. We'll win that LC Final. Can sense it

Me too bud had that feeling since the shoot out at hibs the diddy cup is coming home

03/2/2015 10:15 pm  #18

Defence will hopefully be more solid and we'll still create chances. More concerned about Ciftci oot of final than the other 2. Get Anier some game time. We'll need a bit of luck v them in the cup final by we're fucking due it.

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

03/2/2015 10:21 pm  #19

i think we need Bilate fit for the final...just use him like at Dens as someone to bring dowser ans squiddy into the game

03/2/2015 10:24 pm  #20

He showed that he can hold the ball up and distribute easily especially to boys like dowser etc who all have great pace

03/2/2015 10:25 pm  #21

stobievulture wrote:

i think we need Bilate fit for the final...just use him like at Dens as someone to bring dowser ans squiddy into the game

Stone me, in all this last week I had totally forgotten about him!

Yeah, we all need to move on. It is after all football and half of what happens shouldn't surprise us too much at all.

03/2/2015 10:55 pm  #22

Mario Sandaza.

Too much commotion

03/2/2015 11:08 pm  #23

I'm with Seggyboy and The Shed on this one, especially after hearing of the pair's wishes to leave now.

Even more so after watching Jackie's Judgement.

But still can't believe that Stu thought that was his best option in the next four months.

04/2/2015 7:37 am  #24

But did stu really push the deal from the start or what?
We wont ever know what happened.
Just that we got alot less than the club had recently stated  they would accept

07/2/2015 11:23 am  #25

keep thinking about this....was gutted they left cause , nothing to do with the cash we got but the chance to win a cup...

BOTH..PLUS Nadir...PLUS Gauldy and Robo ..ALL FIVE started a cup final against St Johnstone...not Celtic..St Johnstone...and were fucking stinking

could 2 of the 5 of them really made the step up fae LOSING against St Johnstone to BEATING celtic?

sold them, move on, bank another 1.5 millon and bring in 3 internationalists and another young talent

bad move?....na

Board footera