Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/2/2015 9:37 pm  #1

Sold doon the river

By our Chairman.

Our 'Gaulden Generation' obliterated in 6 short months.

Enjoy Australia though eh?

02/2/2015 9:44 pm  #2

Re: Sold doon the river

I'm trying to be as pragmatic as I can in the transfer thread but realisation is sinking in slowly.

Terrible deals considering we're no longer a selling club according to the chairman.

02/2/2015 9:48 pm  #3

Andy wrote:

I'm trying to be as pragmatic as I can in the transfer thread but realisation is sinking in slowly.

Terrible deals considering we're no longer a selling club according to the chairman.

Chairman only cares about money.

Doesn't have the love for Utd his Father did.

Sorry if that offends anyone but i've always thought that and today just confirms what i've always thought about it him.

A disgrace that we have sold of the family silver on the cheap and threw away our season.

02/2/2015 9:50 pm  #4

Four within 6 months is just too many for the team to handle. I think I could have taken it better had it only been GMS going tonight.

Last edited by Hamiltonarab (02/2/2015 9:50 pm)

02/2/2015 10:14 pm  #5

Fucking raging with this dont see one happy arab with this news.

Fucked the fans right over

02/2/2015 10:18 pm  #6

Sold for sweeties to they b@stards.

02/2/2015 10:35 pm  #7

I always thought The chairman was a very smart businessman, I won't be as bold to question his love for the club either way, but I would be really interested to hear his reasonings behind these deals and his plan for the club, because surely the board and himself have a plan because from the outside looking in this is not best for business, even if he is in it for the money.

Find it very strange that he was so stubborn and got good deals for selling Goodwillie, Gauld and Robertson and the like and he, appears, to have turned soft with the Armstrong deal in particular. GMS I can understand to a degree, but not the Armstrong one when we where spouting our valuation for him and sold him for much less, it weakens the club for future transfers of people coming in trying to get players on the cheap.

I await the clubs statement with great interest.

02/2/2015 10:40 pm  #8

I t hink we've got more than Armstrong is worth tbh. 

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

02/2/2015 10:43 pm  #9

everything ST has done i've praised and the fees he's got have been spot on..this is fucking pish though

6 weeks before a cup final we'd be as well no turning up

the one thing i've craved all my adult supporting utd life is to beat they cunts in a cup final and i've been booted right in the bah's without even leaving the toon...pish man fucking pish

02/2/2015 10:50 pm  #10

It's the fact that the 2 of them went is the real sickner. Get the feeling that both wanted out as well. Do we bench them and miss out on the bucks? 

All is obviously not rosey with some of the players at Tannadice but we move on. As we always do

02/2/2015 10:52 pm  #11

Pound notes can't play football.

We need players in.

Oh, what came of the things we once believed?

02/2/2015 10:57 pm  #12

Edmond Dantes wrote:

Pound notes can't play football.

We need players in.

Agree with that. Pretty gutted about it. 

At least we'll get that transfer fee trophy that the hand out every season. 

02/2/2015 11:00 pm  #13

agree if they want to leave then go...they've both been guilty of fannying this season and could be part of the soft centre thats stopped is winning the cup last season..BUT let them fuck off in the summer...hampden has went fae very difficult to near impossible now..

02/2/2015 11:03 pm  #14

Sold them to our biggest rival for Cups this season

For less than their worth

3 hours before the end of a transfer window

Heard a few superfans say 'stop over reacting Arabs'.

Just a few months after selling Robbo+Gauldie.

I'm disgusted with our lack of ambition.

02/2/2015 11:04 pm  #15

huntedbyafreak wrote:

It's the fact that the 2 of them went is the real sickner. Get the feeling that both wanted out as well. Do we bench them and miss out on the bucks? 

All is obviously not rosey with some of the players at Tannadice but we move on. As we always do

They're best of mates, probably because they come from the same neck of the woods. (Thurso and Inverness). Run into them many times in Tesco Kingsway.  Only last week in fact. Usually have a yap we them, while the missus does her rounds.

02/2/2015 11:22 pm  #16

Honestly don't believe it, and I'm seeing our chairman in a very different light. He's done a superb job for us right up to now, and then, in one fell swoop, undone all the good work clubwise and lost a whole lot of my respect for his previous good work. Can only assume he's fucking off to Oz in the next 5 weeks, or he has a death wish for the club on cup fronts.

From a player point of view it makes sense for GMS considering the LC final, and Aid will slip into his bates seamlessly, but for my lovechild Stretch to settle for they cunts rather than his deserved EPL or Bundesliga is so far beyond my comprehension I may very well spontaneously combust before I finish this p

02/2/2015 11:44 pm  #17

Fire oot, Dickers is back.

Should've been great news but can now only be an epic PR fail.

03/2/2015 12:04 am  #18

Pair of them have a tendency to go missing when chips are doon. I seriously thing we've got more than Armstrong is worth

With the signing of McGowan and Dixon we've added some steel to team. Still got a good squad and i'm conceding fuck all to Celtic in thon final

Last edited by huntedbyafreak (03/2/2015 12:06 am)

03/2/2015 12:10 am  #19

Canny get my head roond this, I ken they're good mates but WTF is stretch thinking aboot he's far to good for the minks.
I await the clubs statement on this as there has got to be something we are not aware of
Are the add ons that good we coudn't turn it down?
Were they no' happy at the club?
Was Jackie happy with the cover he has left and agreed to it?
Why the fuck would you sell to your rivals when we dont need to sell (alledgedly)

I think ST has done a great job so far, surely there's got to be more to this?

We don't give a damn what the others say
We'll cheer on United all the way
For we are the Terrors of Tannadice

03/2/2015 12:17 am  #20

Your partially right with your first sentence but so,so wrong with your second.

Spot on with your third and fourth.

And they'll be lucky to be on the bench when septic have gone down their tried and tested route of damaging opponent's teams rather than improving their own.

This is pitiful on so many fucking levels.

03/2/2015 12:21 am  #21

doontheroadarab wrote:

Canny get my head roond this, I ken they're good mates but WTF is stretch thinking aboot he's far to good for the minks.
I await the clubs statement on this as there has got to be something we are not aware of
Are the add ons that good we coudn't turn it down?
Were they no' happy at the club?
Was Jackie happy with the cover he has left and agreed to it?
Why the fuck would you sell to your rivals when we dont need to sell (alledgedly)

I think ST has done a great job so far, surely there's got to be more to this?

, for me for Stretch and ST.

03/2/2015 1:06 am  #22

Arguably sold down the river however if someone was to say your Club will receive £7.5 mill for 3 players when we were so close to administration not that long ago you may understand why the same board members have took this decision. We have built up our Club's financial stability and now were building a team from the back going forward.
As hard as it may be today there's always tomorrow
Keep the faith

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

03/2/2015 1:13 am  #23

All this wailing and gnashing of teeth could well have a demoralising effect on our other players. By implication it's as if we think they aren't good enough to take on Celtic in the Final. What we should be doing is encouraging the lads and let them know we are 100% behind them.

03/2/2015 1:15 am  #24

Promising young Killie striker signed.

03/2/2015 1:23 am  #25

St Obswell wrote:

Arguably sold down the river however if someone was to say your Club will receive £7.5 mill for 3 players when we were so close to administration not that long ago you may understand why the same board members have took this decision. We have built up our Club's financial stability and now were building a team from the back going forward.
As hard as it may be today there's always tomorrow
Keep the faith

TBH the board did a superb job up to this window, now it looks like asset stripping.

I'll never lose the faith.

Board footera