Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/2/2015 9:39 pm  #51

Re: Deadline Day Transfer Thread

Also, if we were going to sell today how not pay £300k for the boy from St Mirren that's went to the sheep?

Good replacement for Armstrong.

02/2/2015 9:44 pm  #52

Andy wrote:

I think the fees are shite and well below our reported valuation which makes it hard to swallow but it would appear that the players wanted to go so we're pretty much fucked these days.

And also who knows what our valuation really was, I can't believe we quoted £2.5m a week ago and accepted nearly a million less after reaching a cup final, doesn't make sense.

Yeah, got to agree. If players were making noises then it makes it hard not to just deal. The estimated valuations were all over the place.

02/2/2015 9:53 pm  #53

The Club website is down....... (for maintenance).

02/2/2015 10:00 pm  #54

Also think the Allan bids are just to appease fans "we tried to replace Armstrong but Hibs wouldn't play ball".

If we had any real intent we should have spent £1m today on Allan, O'Donnell and McLean with Dixon coming in and a million in the Chairman's hipper.

02/2/2015 10:14 pm  #55

No matter how good we think Scott Allan is, there is no way he could make up for both GMS and Stretch. And of course it's possible that the Hibees put their perceived price up, knowing how desperate we are to appease us lot. We'll all be interested to see what the Club website says about this sh1t, and moreso Stephen Thompson.

02/2/2015 10:18 pm  #56

Scott Allan is cup tied fae BOTH cups.

To say that is a move that's clutching at straws is putting it kindly.

02/2/2015 10:34 pm  #57

TEK, we gave up any hope of winning a trophy a couple of hours ago.

Scott Allan would make us a better team in the fight to finish second.

Shite state of affairs but true.

We should be offering whatever we got from West Brom to get him back.

02/2/2015 10:34 pm  #58

Jordan Moore to Queens Park on loan

02/2/2015 10:41 pm  #59

european_bob wrote:

Just saw that on Sly Sport bob. What's your thoughts on the comings and goings bob?

02/2/2015 10:52 pm  #60

Greg Stewart.  Surely not

Too much commotion

02/2/2015 11:02 pm  #61

Billy_Hainey wrote:

european_bob wrote:

Just saw that on Sly Sport bob. What's your thoughts on the comings and goings bob?

Its a good move for Moore, hopefully all parties will benefit.

Probably disappointment for GMS and Armstrong, particuarly Armstrong - I think it may effect us more than I first thought, we can cope with GMS leaving but Armstrong leaving is a big blow.  

If we were after Scott Allan, why did we not use Keith as a bargaining chip on a permenant deal? 

Dixon deal is a great coup, was sad to see him go and hoping he will recapture his form.

02/2/2015 11:05 pm  #62

Rumours are now Fraser Fyvie in talks with Hibs now and we have been told to GTF over Allan. 

02/2/2015 11:09 pm  #63

Most transfer activity in years and agents will be kicking the arse out of it. Although gutted we have lost two of our best players I hope we don't make a stupid last minute signings - rarely work and never get the money invested back. Money better spent on the club and youth development.

02/2/2015 11:12 pm  #64

Baws booted like

Shocked is maybe the best word for it, high of Saturday night to maybe the lowest we've been for a long time.

cup final chances gone from reasonable to next to none in twa hours. Ye canny keep on selling the jewels every window.

I'd expect Jackie to be gone at the earliest opportunity, only so many time the rug can be pulled from ya.

02/2/2015 11:22 pm  #65

Just seen the club website has the confirmation of Dicker but all I read was bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

02/2/2015 11:39 pm  #66

Seems a bit like chicken feed.

http://dufc.co/news/dixon-rejoins-terrors/

03/2/2015 12:00 am  #67

Its typical United, sign two good full backs that we've badly needed since July which could make us genuine challengers then sell two of our best attacking players, to our biggest rivals.

Allan would have helped, McGinn isn't near good enough.

03/2/2015 12:15 am  #68

McGinn Andy?

03/2/2015 12:26 am  #69

Mass Debates wrote:

Just seen the club website has the confirmation of Dicker but all I read was bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

Still hoping the Stretch story is a spoof and won't appear on the fishul.

Or, it's orchestrated timing and they'll announce it 16/3/15.

03/2/2015 12:28 am  #70

Boy from St Mirren we were quoted with an interest in Billy, can't see it myself.

03/2/2015 12:30 am  #71

Just seen Stretch at Celtic Park on SSN, chunt tried to get him to take a scarf but Stretch politely refused, chunt then drapped it over his shoulders.

I was a little bit sick in my mouth.

03/2/2015 12:32 am  #72

The deals are worth £2m for United for both players who had previously stated their intention to leave the Club. Shite but shit happens, they wanted to go but at least the Club got something for them unlike players like Presley in the past who cost us a fortune and left for fuck all.

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

03/2/2015 12:36 am  #73

Danny Swanson signed for St Johnstone, no like them to sign United ex players...

03/2/2015 12:36 am  #74

Connor Townsend away back to Hull, Ffs we're down to one left back again.

03/2/2015 12:40 am  #75

Andy wrote:

Just seen Stretch at Celtic Park on SSN, chunt tried to get him to take a scarf but Stretch politely refused, chunt then drapped it over his shoulders.

I was a little bit sick in my mouth.

I feel your pain, f'kn gutted he's went to them it looked surreal seeinng him with that rag on his shoulders 

We don't give a damn what the others say
We'll cheer on United all the way
For we are the Terrors of Tannadice

Board footera