Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/1/2015 1:50 am  #1

Top 5 Utd goals at Hampden

Semi Final week lads...let's start getting in the mood for saturday by reminiscing about previous Hampden goals.

5.Kevin Gallagher v Celtic '88 Cup Final - Watching in my living room i almost burst with excitement when my favourite player raced like a greyhound by Roy Aitken and smashed a 'World Class' half volley by Ian Andrews,the Celtic Goalie to put us in a shock lead.A wonderful goal that once again displayed Gallagher's talent on a big stage.

4.Darren Jackson v Motherwell '91 Cup Final - After being on the verge of tears just seconds before (watching fae the Motherwell end,don't ask) i inwardly exploded with joy watching Jacko bravely run between 2 'Well defenders and oncoming keeper and plant his heider expertly over Maxwell and intae the Motherwell net.Will never forget what our end looked like.Never seen an end like it before or since.Coulda threw a cat in there and it wouldnae have landed for 10 minutes.

3.Mark De Vries v Rangers 2008 LC Final - The 'perfect' goal IMO and arguably the best one i've seen Dundee United score fae a team point of view.Our best goal at Hampden for sure,but as we ultimately lost the Final,not my favourite.

2.Jason Scotland v Hibs 2005 Semi Final - After almost 8 years of abject misery the 6,000 diehard Arabs we had left travelled along to Hampden more in defiance than hope,against a great Hibs side who'd pumped Rangers 3-0 at Ibrox in the Quarters and had took over 20,000 fans through to Glasgow that day.A huge support for a Semi Final,even by Old Firm standards.After an hour played it looked like the same old kick in the guts for our long suffering fans.What transpired in the last 25 minutes will pass into folklore amongst the Arabs that were present.Whan Jasper turned and his left boot swivelled in the winner into their keepers left hand corner i coulda burst out greeting i was that happy.We'd been a laughing stock for so long,it seemed like the day we 'came back' as a club.A bit of a false dawn as it transpired,but beh christ a fucking great day nonetheless.Remember some really mad,happy middle-aged red faced Arab kissing fuck ootay me an ma brother at both goals.And tbf i loved it.

1.David Goodwillie v Ross County 2010 Cup Final - the way time stopped inbetween McGovern's misplaced kick,Goodie chesting it,the crowd gasping in anticapation,Goodie lofting it into the blue sky,it falling onto the goal line,County players despairing lunge,28,500 Arabs going apeshit a second later.Everything,and i mean EVERYTHING about that goal is perfect.And i will never,ever,tire of watching it.

26/1/2015 4:52 am  #2

Re: Top 5 Utd goals at Hampden

Conways goal on the run v Ross County, Brian Welsh's late equaliser v Aberdeen and Stuart Beedie's v Celtic would run some close and would definitely get in the Top 10 if not Top 5 along with Brewster v Rangers quite simply because it won the Cup after years of unbearable heartache and Paul Sturrocks raker v Rangers that i refuse to admit was offside. There you have it in no particular order 

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

26/1/2015 10:42 am  #3

26/1/2015 1:01 pm  #4

Loved Daly's 2nd against Celtic In 2012 that made It 3-3.

United just wouldn't give up, made me proud that day. Celebrating every goal on the stairs, It was my pal's 1st United semi since converting 1 from rangers, 2 from Man u and 1 from Celtic, what a day. Just a shame we couldn't do It In the end.

Board footera