Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/1/2015 11:55 pm  #26

Re: team for the semi

Just watched it too and I take it he is getting to a stage where no player is guaranteed a start and this is a good thing as players need to show they are worth a start.

It's clear the full backs are no getting forward enough with Robertson being away and Keith being out the picture. This leading to the sitting roles of Paton and Rankin giving little or no impact to the midfield.

Think he will go:

Rado

McGowen  Morris  Fojut   Dillon

Paton  Telfer

Spittal        Armstrong        GMS

Nads

27/1/2015 12:02 am  #27

I just listened to the first 10 mins of Jackies Judgement and am honestly wondering if I'll bother going on Saturday. Townsend getting the blame for the shite performance againt St Mirren rather than Rankin or Paton who are apparently suffering due to Andy Robertson leaving and it would appear this is also Townsends fault.. Dillon probably starting on Saturday at left back, Rankin and Paton probably starting, Spittal getting praised to the hilt (again). Unbelievable.

Too much commotion

27/1/2015 12:09 am  #28

Andy wrote:

No sure Bugsy, just thought he was a bit funny about the changes, one minute it's you make changes depending on the opposition the next it doesn't matter who the opposition is or what they do he just concentrates on our team.

He threw the back six under the bus for their performance against St Mirren then critised fans for having a go at Paton and Rankin.

Inferred that he doesn't want the players to know who's going to be playing and the changes keep them guessing?

I had a shite day at work tbf, could just be me

What I got was he takes absolutely everthing into account, both for us and the oppo. No-one on this planet can get that right 100% but Jackie is most definitely on my wavelength.

Best part for me was getting the best out of our squad and keeping Delboy guessing - win, win.

And FWIW, I had a shitter day at work.

27/1/2015 12:14 am  #29

He appeared to criticise everyone... but himself. Not happy. We were slow out of the blocks again on Saturday. If that is repeated again on Saturday we'll be out of the cup by half time.

Too much commotion

27/1/2015 12:17 am  #30

Waffelz wrote:

yeah, I think Rankin and Paton are starting after listening.

The quote re first game of the season?

Or ignoring his criticism of the def 6 v StMirren?

Only Jackie knows.

27/1/2015 6:33 am  #31

arabugsy wrote:

Andy wrote:

No sure Bugsy, just thought he was a bit funny about the changes, one minute it's you make changes depending on the opposition the next it doesn't matter who the opposition is or what they do he just concentrates on our team.

He threw the back six under the bus for their performance against St Mirren then critised fans for having a go at Paton and Rankin.

Inferred that he doesn't want the players to know who's going to be playing and the changes keep them guessing?

What I got was he takes absolutely everthing into account, both for us and the oppo. No-one on this planet can get that right 100% but Jackie is most definitely on my wavelength.

Best part for me was getting the best out of our squad and keeping Delboy guessing - win, win.

I think its fair to say you're not the most open minded when it comes to any implied critisism of Jackie, or anything United related tbf Bugsy. 

There wasn't a positive message anywhere in there for me and I was pretty pissed off after watching it.

30/1/2015 9:19 pm  #32

Jackie says form not age will count when deciding who plays tomorrow. Telfer looking likely to start unless it's mind games

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

30/1/2015 10:50 pm  #33

Be prepared for total meltdown if we don't win tomorrow 

30/1/2015 10:52 pm  #34

losing aint an option

30/1/2015 11:23 pm  #35

Andy wrote:

arabugsy wrote:

Andy wrote:

I think its fair to say you're not the most open minded when it comes to any implied critisism of Jackie, or anything United related tbf Bugsy.

There wasn't a positive message anywhere in there for me and I was pretty pissed off after watching it.

1. Absolutley spot on, and I apologise unreservedly for it, it's the only subject where I'm closed minded, and I've admitted to that on numerous posts. The main thing, despite my tangy tinted specs, is I honestly admire the work that Jackie and his team are doing.
In the meantime, for me and forever, I'm inclined to see any criticism of our club as a slight against my family (ken it's no right but that's how I feel).
2. Never came away from a game without a dredged positive.

Half glass full is the way.

30/1/2015 11:25 pm  #36

St Obswell wrote:

Jackie says form not age will count when deciding who plays tomorrow. Telfer looking likely to start unless it's mind games

Telfer would be my first name on the teamsheet.

Stretch would be second, until timtampering.

30/1/2015 11:49 pm  #37

The only people who will be happy to see the rankin Paton combination tomorrow will be Ryan jack and Peter pawlett it's only 6 weeks since those 2 completely dominated the central midfield. Hopefully McNamara will do the right thing.

30/1/2015 11:56 pm  #38

I'm sure he will.

And I don't expect the Pates/Ranks combo.

Last edited by arabugsy (31/1/2015 12:00 am)

31/1/2015 2:43 am  #39

Have to agree but and it's a BIG BUT if they do play i imagine they will be right up for it, remember the 1st derby at Dens this season?  Every player who wore the black and tangerine that day delivered, let's hope whoever is picked for this game shows the same hunger and desire 

C'mon United

31/1/2015 9:28 am  #40

Mcgowan will make his first start

Telfer starts too

Board footera