Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/1/2015 9:22 am  #1

Ryan Dow

Dowser has been missing from top team action for a while now and the likes of Connelly, Telfer have pushed past him. Thoughts on where he goes?

Will he ever make the grade and cement a first team slot

24/1/2015 9:39 am  #2

Re: Ryan Dow

He's improved beyond all comprehension.Just a year ago or so I never thought there was a player in him at all.

That said this was the season he really had to kick on and cement a starting position for himself and it just hasn't happened.Scored a tremendous goal at Pittodrie on opening day and was really starting to look the part.
Doesn't play or contribute often enough for me.Would love it to work out for him being an Arab, but there's no room for sentimentality in fitba if you want to be winners.Another player I'm often questioning if there's enough 'fire in the belly' at times.

A useful enough squad player to have but he won't be offered another deal at Utd I don't think.

24/1/2015 9:45 am  #3

think him,Rankin,Watson,Rado and unfortunately Dillon could be on the way next seaason...alongside GMS and possibly Armstrong....could be all change...

24/1/2015 10:27 am  #4

I think dow still got a huge part to play in this great opportunity of silverwear this season

24/1/2015 10:49 am  #5

Don't think has what it takes to be part of a side that moves us to another level  (best of the rest/putting up a stronger fight)

St Johnstone or Hibs await.

24/1/2015 11:20 am  #6

When we stuffed Motherwell near the end of last season Dow had an outstanding game. After the game I said to my mates that he was a shoe-in for the cup final team and would walk into every other team in our league bar Aberdeen and Celtic. This season he's just totally gone into his shell post cup final and new contract. Comfort zone?

Too much commotion

24/1/2015 7:19 pm  #7

Today was dows chance to show McNamara and the fans that he deserves more time on the park. He had a shocker little or no impact on the game in a word anonymous. I'm still trying to work out why Connolly was taken off before him.

24/1/2015 8:42 pm  #8

At times last season Dow started to show he might just have something, unfortunately it isn't materialising, currently 6 boys ahead of him for a start in the 3, and he's not going to make a striker.  It's a pity because the boy tries hard enough, but he just isn't good enough.

24/1/2015 9:10 pm  #9

zzzzzzzzz you boys dont have a  fukin dany la rue

Last edited by seggyboy73 (24/1/2015 9:10 pm)

24/1/2015 9:23 pm  #10

So Dow played well today and deserves a starting slot?

24/1/2015 9:32 pm  #11

No but he is a young lad with feelings and hope to fuk your happy hounding me with this answer

24/1/2015 9:57 pm  #12

Its the day wee fucked dfc

24/1/2015 10:25 pm  #13

dow was not in the game...at all

24/1/2015 11:31 pm  #14

Boy didn't do his first team prospects any favours today. Think he actually plays best up front, but I doubt he's gonna get that opportunity again.

25/1/2015 1:21 am  #15

Not good enough to start for us, unfortunately.

The kinda guy I wish was as talented as Ciftci as he has the heart.

(AM).

25/1/2015 2:47 am  #16

seggyboy73 wrote:

No but he is a young lad with feelings and hope to fuk your happy hounding me with this answer

He is 24 in a few months, he should either be starting each game or finding somewhere where he can start each game, at his age sitting on the bench should not be an option.

25/1/2015 2:49 am  #17

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

So Dow played well today and deserves a starting slot?

Hardly "hounding" BTW

Last edited by Rocky Raccoon (25/1/2015 8:44 am)

25/1/2015 3:08 am  #18

Think Seggy might have had a beverage or two last night.

25/1/2015 9:12 am  #19

Great assist to je aime charlie for his second and utds 3rd goal

25/1/2015 9:55 am  #20

Last year he showed he's got the ability. He had loads of good games. You dont become a bad player overnight. Jackie needs to find a way to get that level of performance out of him again, and he needs to get his head up. Too many players being rubbished after a few bad games.

Too much commotion

25/1/2015 11:20 am  #21

lifesanocean wrote:

Last year he showed he's got the ability. He had loads of good games. You dont become a bad player overnight. Jackie needs to find a way to get that level of performance out of him again, and he needs to get his head up. Too many players being rubbished after a few bad games.

Agree with this. He was excellent in games last year, running at defences and causing panic, great direct play, drawing fouls, getting into the box. He does seem to be lacking confidence and if you are the type of player that takes a while to get it back you will have an uphill struggle getting back into a team with so many good attacking midfielders.

25/1/2015 11:51 am  #22

The odd good game is not enough for a player in a team that is trying to win honours. I. Think he gets an easier ride with the fans cause he is a local boy and an Arab. 7 years after his debut he has only made 40 starts. Sadly I don't see a tannadice future for Dow and I sure he knows that himself.

25/1/2015 12:32 pm  #23

I hope he comes on and scores the winner next week.

Last edited by lifesanocean (25/1/2015 12:34 pm)

Too much commotion

25/1/2015 12:59 pm  #24

TEK wrote:

Think Seggy might have had a beverage or two last night.

Yeah, some laddies just can't handle the South African aniseed oil 

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

25/1/2015 3:41 pm  #25

You just concentrate yourself on jobby watch

Board footera