Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/7/2014 10:51 am  #1

Connor Townsend

Left back on season long loan from Hull as part of the Robbo deal.

Welcome to Tanny! 

29/7/2014 11:20 am  #2

Re: Connor Townsend

Seconded 

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

29/7/2014 12:33 pm  #3

done deal?

canna beleive the usual places are decrying this already...we might have a young left back, roughly a year awa fae stepping into the first team..so we sign a temporary left back, without splashing oot...but na...he's shite already

29/7/2014 12:37 pm  #4

stobievulture wrote:

done deal?

canna beleive the usual places are decrying this already...we might have a young left back, roughly a year awa fae stepping into the first team..so we sign a temporary left back, without splashing oot...but na...he's shite already

Major shake o the head at that stance eh!

But then again, you'd be MAD to think anything different! 

29/7/2014 2:00 pm  #5

Had a wee peek on a Carlisle forum and their fans (well the 2 who responded to a post about him) seemed to really rate him.Hard to gauge obviously what level of Fitba he was playing in at that level though and if it was comparable to SPL.

He broke his foot in January but apparently played a full 90 minutes for Hull just last week so hopefully he's not too far behind the other players fitness wise,if at all.

I'm not a fan of loan signings tbh,but obviously hope the kid plays very well for us.

Would like another LB in aswell,but think that might be it.

29/7/2014 2:07 pm  #6

29/7/2014 2:12 pm  #7

As long as he can defend I'll be happy. 

29/7/2014 2:35 pm  #8

huntedbyafreak wrote:

That's the minimum requirement.

The sysytem we play we also need our full backs to overlap and try and push forward when possible.

This signing seems a bit shot-gun to me tbh.

What does McNamara actually know about the lad ?

I had hoped we had been scouting a Left back for months.Watching him,talking to people about him,deciphering if he would fit into the team as a player and a person.

Not that doing your homework for months guarantees a successful signing,but this does smack a bit of a panic signing in my eyes.

Unless of course we have another LB also lined up,in which case it's not so much of a gamble.

30/7/2014 4:16 pm  #9

Delighted we have the boy on loan this season. But still think the club need to sign a left-back on a permanent deal.

30/7/2014 7:41 pm  #10

Fairly comfortable with this signing, wouldn't be surprised if there was another LB still to come tho, even if it's after the seasons started.  Not sure it's totally shot-gun either, reckon they've known Hull were coming for a long time.

30/7/2014 8:09 pm  #11

I will never understand why certain individuals never give players a chance. Jackie had his hand forced on this one and he has done something about it. I would rather he did something than nothing and at least the kid has a chance to shine. Opinions on hold for a couple of months.

03/8/2014 2:23 pm  #12

TEK wrote:

huntedbyafreak wrote:

The sysytem we play we also need our full backs to overlap and try and push forward when possible.

I had hoped we had been scouting a Left back for months.Watching him,talking to people about him,deciphering if he would fit into the team as a player and a person.

Not that doing your homework for months guarantees a successful signing,but this does smack a bit of a panic signing in my eyes.

Unless of course we have another LB also lined up,in which case it's not so much of a gamble.

I would describe it as opportunistic more than panic. A player from the EPL in a position you're struggling to fill is a no-brainer for me. Still think your last para could be prophetic now for cover, even more so with Dillo's depressed cheekbone fracture (Lenko?).

03/8/2014 11:51 pm  #13

arabugsy wrote:

TEK wrote:

huntedbyafreak wrote:

Could argue mate that If he can't get a game for Hull and the fact they think Andy Robbo Is better then he's maybe no good enough for us.

I would describe it as opportunistic more than panic. A player from the EPL in a position you're struggling to fill is a no-brainer for me. Still think your last para could be prophetic now for cover, even more so with Dillo's depressed cheekbone fracture (Lenko?).

11/11/2014 8:09 am  #14

McNamara quoted today in the papers saying we are looking to keep him,and that he's been 'very good for us'.

Take it this means we won't be signing another left back then in January afterall?

11/11/2014 8:14 am  #15

Maybe not with Dillon as cover, not ideal but he may have to focus on bringing in a striker though

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

11/11/2014 2:14 pm  #16

He's done no bad tbf.

12/11/2014 2:18 pm  #17

TEK wrote:

McNamara quoted today in the papers saying we are looking to keep him,and that he's been 'very good for us'.

Take it this means we won't be signing another left back then in January afterall?

I like Townsend. 

Unfair to compare him or any left back to Robbo coz it's higly unlikely that we're gonna find one in a similar mould.

But he showed against Motherwell that he can get up and down the park and adds to what has been lacking recently.

12/11/2014 5:09 pm  #18

I haven't seen much of Townsend tbh.

Thought he was awful at Parkhead (but who wasn't?).But pretty decent V's Motherwell on Friday past.

I think we should be taking our time on this one though.

We have him for a season.Why come out and discuss his situation in November?

Do we not think we can find better than him in the next few months?

12/11/2014 5:52 pm  #19

Townsend has done ok. If he wants to stay and we can keep him I wouldn't be too unhappy tbh

12/11/2014 11:01 pm  #20

I think he's done pretty well, he's better defensively than going forwards. He showed more willingness to go forwards last week but his final ball and finishing were rotten. He's not Andy Robertson, but thankfully he's not Barry Douglas either. I'd keep him but like to see a young lb signed as cover.

Too much commotion

13/11/2014 2:27 am  #21

He's a decent defender, attack nut.

13/11/2014 7:27 pm  #22

Graeme Shinnie knocks back new contract offer from I.C.T. I wonder where he's going 

Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

13/11/2014 11:43 pm  #23

Aberdeen seems most likey.

Too much commotion

Board footera