Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/8/2024 11:18 pm  #551

Re: Summer transfer window 2024

Tek wrote:

kiwiarab wrote:

On the topic of adding a central defender, just read that big Sam McCleland ruptured his achilles in the st johnstone game tonight.

Nightmare for him, first game of the season and looking at a long recovery time.

That's a shame. Really liked the kid. Done us a turn.

Same

06/8/2024 7:50 am  #552

Tek wrote:

kiwiarab wrote:

On the topic of adding a central defender, just read that big Sam McCleland ruptured his achilles in the st johnstone game tonight.

Nightmare for him, first game of the season and looking at a long recovery time.

That's a shame. Really liked the kid. Done us a turn.

He definitely came in last year and helped us over the line.
However I thought it would be difficult to find a CH who was slower than Gallagher & Holt but Mclleland was that CH.

06/8/2024 10:11 am  #553

That's not going to help his pace and pretty much rules him out for the rest of the season.  Nightmare for the lad.  Didn't think we'd go back in for him.  Not sure he's an upgrade on a fit Gallagher so given that's what we need he wasn't the solution.

06/8/2024 10:35 am  #554

partick given permission to talk to Grimshaw about going on loan (Daily Record)

06/8/2024 10:45 am  #555

Guessing that means that Sevelj's injury from the derby is nothing to worry about

06/8/2024 11:03 am  #556

Finn Seemann wrote:

Guessing that means that Sevelj's injury from the derby is nothing to worry about

Looked like cramp more than anything

07/8/2024 7:34 pm  #557

Dundee united are delighted to announce the signing of Emmanuel Adegboyega on a season-long loan from EFL Championship outfit Norwich City.

Centre back.

Last edited by RogerTheAlien (07/8/2024 7:34 pm)

07/8/2024 7:35 pm  #558

Irish Centre Half signed on loan from Norwich.

Emmanuel Adegboyega

07/8/2024 7:48 pm  #559

Sounds like exactly what we need

07/8/2024 8:18 pm  #560

Good stuff. Him and Graham either side of Gallagher feels ok, assuming he backs up his pedigree. Holt on the bench and Sevelj able to step into the back 3 as and when needed.

Sevelj will likely be our RWB until Strain returns with Miller able to fill in there as well. Not a perfect scenario but if Sevelj can replicate Sunday's performance he'll do ok.

Squad really close to being complete now you would assume. I still feel like a striker and another centre mid could be on the cards though once Grimshaw and maybe Watt are moved on. Centre mid purely down to Docherty's injury record and the unknown element of Odada. Plus I think Babunski needs to be further forward. Not sure how we fit everyone in, but it's a good problem to have.

I wonder if we'll look to pick up someone that can cover both wing back positions? A bit like Niskanen was able to do? Ferry has no real cover (it can't be Middleton) and obviously we are already doing the square peg round hole dance with RWB for a few months. A versatile wing back could be a good shout.

07/8/2024 9:05 pm  #561

He can play CH and RB. So, he could also (possibly) be cover for Strain.

07/8/2024 9:12 pm  #562

All went very quiet regards Rory MacLeod's trial.

07/8/2024 9:36 pm  #563

Looks a good signing on paper, played on the right of a back three last season.

Anyone heard Sevelj is actually possibly out for 6 weeks 😖😖

07/8/2024 9:39 pm  #564

I'm not sure we have ever had a better transfer window since transfer windows became a thing.

07/8/2024 11:21 pm  #565

Don't know anything about the young lad from Norwich but I trust the manager.

I do like the way we hear nothing and then up pops an alert with a new signing.

The squad needed decimated last season and he almost delivered but I don't think if wasn't for a lack of effort he couldn't get more out the door.

This pre season, again it required a ruthless view on the squad for this season and again he is delivering.

Signs are good from most early on but not all of them will be a success.

Watt, Grimshaw and maybe Middleton out next before anymore come I'm I would think.

08/8/2024 12:08 am  #566

Tek wrote:

He can play CH and RB. So, he could also (possibly) be cover for Strain.

Sounds an intelligent laddie , keen to learn and progress in the game.
Perfect fit allowing  Big Ross to switch to preferred position.
Don't know about others but I'm losing track of (no gettin carried away ) good quality players coming in and slotting in perfectly with existing established senior and exciting graduates.
Best silly season ever.
Speaks volumes for Goodwin.
Quietly confident.

08/8/2024 12:39 am  #567

SuperMario wrote:

Anyone heard Sevelj is actually possibly out for 6 weeks 😖😖

I was told he was taking part in training tomorrow to see how he fared.

Who knows mate. Guess we will find out one way or the other before the weekend.

08/8/2024 1:14 pm  #568

Tek wrote:

He's in the latest St Andrews training clip, so he's back here.

08/8/2024 1:35 pm  #569

Shedtastic wrote:

Tek wrote:

Needs to go out on loan to a lower division team that will actually play him.  If that means Lowland or Junior Leagues, so be it.  Sounds as if learning that he's no billy big bas won't do any harm either.  Fat Tony has to take a lot of blame for that though and so feel that we are due doing the right thing by him.

08/8/2024 2:36 pm  #570

Finn Seemann wrote:

Shedtastic wrote:

Tek wrote:

Needs to go out on loan to a lower division team that will actually play him.  If that means Lowland or Junior Leagues, so be it.  Sounds as if learning that he's no billy big bas won't do any harm either.  Fat Tony has to take a lot of blame for that though and so feel that we are due doing the right thing by him.

The club have indeed have played a huge part in the miss management of the young lad.

Granted I don't know the full ins and outs of the Fulham transfer deal but the club just seemed a bit desperate to get money for a young 17 year old kid.

The idea of moving to an English premiership club and the cash that follows is appealing to lots of young players and their families see Kerr Smith, Ali Coote and Scott Allan as examples but not all young guys are ready for it and it seemed to be pretty one sided from the outside looking in.

There is definitely a player in that young lad of that from what I've seen, the challenge for our coaching staff and his family is to get it out of him and onto the pitch.

Last edited by CCX2 2010 (08/8/2024 2:37 pm)

08/8/2024 6:07 pm  #571

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Shedtastic wrote:

The club have indeed have played a huge part in the miss management of the young lad.

Granted I don't know the full ins and outs of the Fulham transfer deal but the club just seemed a bit desperate to get money for a young 17 year old kid.

The idea of moving to an English premiership club and the cash that follows is appealing to lots of young players and their families see Kerr Smith, Ali Coote and Scott Allan as examples but not all young guys are ready for it and it seemed to be pretty one sided from the outside looking in.

There is definitely a player in that young lad of that from what I've seen, the challenge for our coaching staff and his family is to get it out of him and onto the pitch.

Totally.  If he has got the ability then the club have got to do everything they can to nurture that.  I'm assuming if the likes of Fulham and Southampton turn him down after a trial then they give him a steer as to what he needs to achieve to turn that round, but who knows.  What happened at Forfar, allegedly, is no use.  The lad needs game time.

08/8/2024 6:15 pm  #572

See there is more chat about us signing Koumetio from Liverpool.  Doubt it but a Gallagher upgrade would be welcomed!

08/8/2024 6:24 pm  #573

Finn Seemann wrote:

See there is more chat about us signing Koumetio from Liverpool.  Doubt it but a Gallagher upgrade would be welcomed!

I had a feeling it wasnt us until I seen it was 2 years plus 1 year club option, think we’ve done that every signing ?

08/8/2024 6:48 pm  #574

Finn Seemann wrote:

Daily record saying it’s the mob across the road.

08/8/2024 7:00 pm  #575

We don't need another Centre Half. We already have six.

Holt
Gallagher
Graham
Sevelj
Adegboyega
Cleall-Harding

We need a Striker. Particularly if Watt and MacLeod depart.

Board footera