Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/6/2024 8:00 pm  #251

Re: Summer transfer window 2024

David_Blunkett wrote:

Strip launch on Thursday, hoping to see at least 2-3 new faces modelling them.

2 signings imminent according to reliable poster on eastfootball, a UK based player and a Croatian apparently.

15/6/2024 10:27 pm  #252

If the Croatian player is Tibor Halilovic, then he's a cracking player. Former Heerenveen player that was playing for Dinamo Zagreb last season.

15/6/2024 10:36 pm  #253

Arab87 wrote:

If the Croatian player is Tibor Halilovic, then he's a cracking player. Former Heerenveen player that was playing for Dinamo Zagreb last season.

is it rumoured to be him?

15/6/2024 11:22 pm  #254

Snacks94 wrote:

Arab87 wrote:

Marko Birighitovic apparently.......

...... I'll get my coat!😊🫣

16/6/2024 11:34 am  #255

Snacks94 wrote:

Arab87 wrote:

No idea what position the Croat is, however if we're looking to add a quality midfielder with a bit of creativity, then he would certainly fit that mould. There are a couple of centre halves that would also make a positive contribution to the squad from Croatia. The Balkans is an area wee should definitely be looking at exploring further. A lot of talent in Croatia, Kosovan, Albania, Serbia etc.

16/6/2024 12:04 pm  #256

Twitter saying there's a Croatian keeper interesting us

Edit - that's duff info. The post is a year old...sorry

Last edited by Tangy (16/6/2024 12:05 pm)

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

16/6/2024 1:01 pm  #257

Arab87 wrote:

I love when someone posts a random name out of nowhere and then it becomes fact on EF because someone didn't read the post correctly 🤣

16/6/2024 1:15 pm  #258

Arab87 wrote:

If it's Davor Suker then he is too old and I don't think we should sign him.

16/6/2024 3:19 pm  #259

nomad wrote:

Arab87 wrote:

If it's Davor Suker then he is too old and I don't think we should sign him.

That chip on Schmeichel in Euro96 though 🙌

16/6/2024 5:02 pm  #260

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Arab87 wrote:

I love when someone posts a random name out of nowhere and then it becomes fact on EF because someone didn't read the post correctly 🤣

My post was duff info - no idea of the authentication of the other name

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

16/6/2024 5:27 pm  #261

Tangy wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Arab87 wrote:

My post was duff info - no idea of the authentication of the other name

Yeah I understood your post mate. Tibor Halilovic is doing the rounds on EF though but it was probably linked to the above post which was a random suggestion from what I can see.

17/6/2024 12:05 am  #262

Two signings getting announced later today.

Apparently.

17/6/2024 5:25 pm  #263

Tick tock tick tock.

17/6/2024 5:54 pm  #264

kdyteejay wrote:

Tick tock tick tock.

Not happening is it? 🤔

17/6/2024 8:06 pm  #265

And there it is! Will Ferry with the scarf above his head is today's exciting signing

17/6/2024 8:33 pm  #266

I know it's a squad game and sometimes numbers are weird, but it looks like an 11 on his training gear.

I'm not having that.

My personal preference is that your starting XI, or at least as close as you can call it, should be along traditional lines.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

17/6/2024 11:08 pm  #267

So, no signings today afterall. 

Maybe, just me but was hoping we'd have a couple more in by this point.

18/6/2024 7:32 am  #268

David_Blunkett wrote:

I know it's a squad game and sometimes numbers are weird, but it looks like an 11 on his training gear.

I'm not having that.

My personal preference is that your starting XI, or at least as close as you can call it, should be along traditional lines.

It's being suggested elsewhere that he is, or is going to be, a left weenger David so #11 will be super-traditional.

You can't tell with full backs these days though, they're all fleeing up the weengs.
Not necessarily to an attacking advantage tho, the 'attack' often ends back with the goalie.
I find football a bit of a yawn these days, would banning the passback be too radical?

18/6/2024 8:25 am  #269

Tek wrote:

So, no signings today afterall. 

Maybe, just me but was hoping we'd have a couple more in by this point.

More than likely they'll be done but waiting on the media team to top pissing about with their "big reveals".

18/6/2024 10:13 am  #270

I’d ideally have liked a number 1 GK in for day 1 of pre season training.

18/6/2024 11:04 am  #271

We’re a keeper, right back and attacking midfielder away from being a half decent top league team.

18/6/2024 11:08 am  #272

Without knowing where Ferry is going to play, I reckon we're at least a keeper, a left back, a right back, a left sided winger, a right sided winger and an attacking midfielder away from having a semi decent team with a lot of unproven kids as back up.

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

18/6/2024 2:24 pm  #273

Macho Man wrote:

Without knowing where Ferry is going to play, I reckon we're at least a keeper, a left back, a right back, a left sided winger, a right sided winger and an attacking midfielder away from having a semi decent team with a lot of unproven kids as back up.

Aye our cover may be the problem later on in the season when injuries pile up.

18/6/2024 6:22 pm  #274

Macho Man wrote:

We need a Striker surely?

Moult gets injured (a strong possibility) then there's only really Watt.

Reckon McLeod will go on loan.

18/6/2024 7:47 pm  #275

Cudjoe confirmed as off.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

Board footera