Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/2/2024 12:27 pm  #1

Miller Thomson

Thought he had a good first half last night ( nobody had a good 2nd half ) and played like I would hope our academy players can. Put his foot in , made some tackles, drove forward with the ball, tried to play out from defence and was an improvement on his Saturday performance which is all you can ask. Don’t know if he is a right back but did enough to start on Saturday.

28/2/2024 6:14 pm  #2

Re: Miller Thomson

BMT wrote:

Thought he had a good first half last night ( nobody had a good 2nd half ) and played like I would hope our academy players can. Put his foot in , made some tackles, drove forward with the ball, tried to play out from defence and was an improvement on his Saturday performance which is all you can ask. Don’t know if he is a right back but did enough to start on Saturday.

Laughed out loud at his foul sky

28/2/2024 7:03 pm  #3

Re: Miller Thomson

dufc2019 wrote:

Laughed out loud at his foul sky

Sorry for going off topic a bit.

He was penalised for throwing the ball downwards.

I've had "discussions" with refs over here, as they allow throws like that. In fact, they allow throws that are thrown at the ground barely 6 feet in front of the thrower! I always shout "foul throw", and they never give it. So a senior ref comes over to talk to me, and I said "In no other country in the world would that not be called as a foul throw". The ref then directed me towards the FIFA LotG on procedure for throw-ins. And here is the relevant content:

Procedure
At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower must:
• stand facing the field of play
• have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the touchline
• throw the ball with both hands from behind and over the head from the point where it left the field of play

Thomson did all of those things correctly (the throw is at about 2:05 of the game on DUTV). The point being that there is absolutely nothing in the LotG that says you can not throw the ball downwards. As long as it goes from behind the head and then over the head as it is being thrown, it's fine.

And yet every ref in the SPFL (and most other places) will blow for a foul throw.

(Edit: I assumed you did mean to type "foul shy")

Last edited by Canadian Arab (28/2/2024 7:04 pm)

Board footera