Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/1/2024 10:38 am  #1

Utd v Morton - Saturday 6th January

This will be a hard test on Saturday.

What would be your starting XI?

04/1/2024 11:08 am  #2

Re: Utd v Morton - Saturday 6th January

If we’re missing all 3 of Docherty, Gallacher and McMann it could be a very tough 90 minutes. Any news on the injuries, anyone?

04/1/2024 11:18 am  #3

If Docherty is fit the him for Tilson, otherwise same team if all are fit and available.

04/1/2024 1:27 pm  #4

A lot of fans thought Tilson was good at Gayfield.

04/1/2024 1:56 pm  #5

United Arab Emarite wrote:

when we need a dog I suppose he will do, when we need more creativity on the other hand....

04/1/2024 2:05 pm  #6

didn't say he wasn't but I believe Docherty offers us more in that position.

04/1/2024 2:11 pm  #7

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

didn't say he wasn't but I believe Docherty offers us more in that position.

When he's not broken an eyelash

04/1/2024 6:26 pm  #8

Link to Goodwins press conference.for Saturday's match.

Interesting points he makes, Gallagher is out, MCMann is 50/50, there must be something in the Wotherspoon and Murray rumours.

Other we points I noted, I am not sure if he hints at some need to leave before some come in but that's the way it sounded. He mentioned that 1 or 2 have been told they can leave. Birighitti is obviously one and I would imagine Denham is another but wonder if Freeman has also been tapped on the shoulder.

Difficult game this Saturday of that there no doubt especially with our squad stretched to the limit at the back, hopefully Scott makes it and continues his fine form to date for us.

Last edited by Tek (04/1/2024 9:20 pm)

04/1/2024 9:57 pm  #9

Walton

Grimshaw
Graham
Holt
Mcmann (Duffy if he’s unfit)

Tillson
Sibbald (doch after 60)

Kai
Watt
Middleton

Moult

Any win will do on Saturday.

04/1/2024 11:29 pm  #10

Walton
Grimshaw Holt Graham Duffy
         Tillson  Sibbald
     Kai Watt Middleton
               Moult

Gallacher under wraps until well fit.
Graham able replacement. No nonsense, occasional lovely long ball, mebbe lacks half a yard at times.
Duffy able replacement also, love to see McMann play - cannae see it mebbe subbie if necessary. Dirty bastard thon Arbroath boy.

3 v 0

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (04/1/2024 11:45 pm)

05/1/2024 2:55 am  #11

McMann will make it imo. Don't think he'll risk Doc.

Walton

Grimshaw
Graham 
Holt
McMann

Tillson
Sibbald

Fotheringham
Watt
Middleton

Moult

Subs -
Newman, Duffy, MacLeod, Thomson
Docherty, Cudjoe, Mochrie, Glass, Freeman

05/1/2024 3:02 am  #12

CCX2 2010 wrote:

He mentioned that 1 or 2 have been told they can leave. Birighitti is obviously one and I would imagine Denham is another but wonder if Freeman has also been tapped on the shoulder.

I think although Freeman's future under Goodwin and at Utd is looking bleak, he'll only leave if we sign cover at Right Back (not sure that's a priority tbh if we can only sign 1 or 2).

I think the recall of Miller Thomson is eye opening tbh.

Kai Fotheringham
Matthew Cudjoe
Miller Thomson

Do Utd need 3 first team right wingers? A Manager like Goodwin certainly won't see this as a necessity (hardly ever any attacking players on his bench).

Someone must be leaving if Thomson is back. My money is on Cudjoe. Don't think Goodwin rates him (mistake imo).

05/1/2024 10:41 am  #13

Tek wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

He mentioned that 1 or 2 have been told they can leave. Birighitti is obviously one and I would imagine Denham is another but wonder if Freeman has also been tapped on the shoulder.

I think although Freeman's future under Goodwin and at Utd is looking bleak, he'll only leave if we sign cover at Right Back (not sure that's a priority tbh if we can only sign 1 or 2).

Kai Fotheringham
Matthew Cudjoe
Miller Thomson

Do Utd need 3 first team right wingers? A Manager like Goodwin certainly won't see this as a necessity (hardly ever any attacking players on his bench).

Someone must be leaving if Thomson is back. My money is on Cudjoe. Don't think Goodwin rates him (mistake imo).

Could be more to do with Cudjoe stalling on signing an extension. We won’t want to lose him for nothing.

05/1/2024 11:05 am  #14

Morton will try to put 10 men behind the ball every time they lose it no matter what team we play we need to be attacking with pace to prevent them getting into position - its against teams that employ this tactic where we really have struggled.  Best not to do it every time but mix it up, a constant slow build up will be a tough watch against this team.

05/1/2024 11:27 am  #15

Tek wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Kai Fotheringham
Matthew Cudjoe
Miller Thomson

not necessary. Thomson can play a number of positions including RB, Fotheringhams traditional best position is actully LW where he can cut in. I do agree that JD dosnt rate Cudoe. I dont think he can make the step up either tbf 

05/1/2024 11:28 am  #16

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

Morton will try to put 10 men behind the ball every time they lose it no matter what team we play we need to be attacking with pace to prevent them getting into position - its against teams that employ this tactic where we really have struggled.  Best not to do it every time but mix it up, a constant slow build up will be a tough watch against this team.

if thats the case do we really need 2 CDM's ? as we know Tilson's weakness is the ball at his feet

06/1/2024 12:40 pm  #17

Tek wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Kai Fotheringham
Matthew Cudjoe
Miller Thomson

Good point regarding Cudjoe, hope he stays though as I think he offers something a bit different to the rest of the team.

06/1/2024 3:01 pm  #18

Just the one change, graham in for Gallagher. Good that mcmann makes it.

06/1/2024 7:05 pm  #19

Absolutely horrendous

We need signings in asap, far to many passengers In this squad

06/1/2024 7:36 pm  #20

I feared that would happen today, the squad depth is just not there.

Glass and Mochrie offer very little in quality at the business end. Tilson had a shocker today and was lucky to get 45 mins, Big Graham also looked very shaky at times.

Middleton again seemed to hide at times in the second half for me, should demanding the ball when it's in play and not just when we get a set piece.

The reluctance to play it up to Watt and instead continue to fuck about with bye kicks is so frustrating.

Need to hope Moult ain't got a bad hammy strain or we are down the bare bones next Friday.

Not even going to talk about the ref who was diabolical at times as we shouldn't be using that as an excuse.

06/1/2024 7:47 pm  #21

We didn't play well today but I've seen us play worse and win this season.
Their tactics worked because Oakley was able to bully Graham.
Our season will depend on how often we can get our best 11 on the park.
We won't win the league with Graham, Tilson &Glass.

06/1/2024 7:48 pm  #22

The referee Jesus wept, how on earth he managed to give a free kick against holt in the box when broadfoot literally rugby tackled him is one of the poorest decisions I’ve seen at tannadice in recent times, it was a absolute stonewaller- a quite incredible decision from a completely incompetent referee, every single tackle was a booking was madness

Last edited by SuperMario (06/1/2024 7:49 pm)

06/1/2024 8:46 pm  #23

That was a brutal afternoon. Agreed though we’ve played worse and won. All afternoon they targeted Ross Graham and it won them the game. If that was the other way about, Goodwin wouldn’t focus on their diddy CB he’d expect us to walk the ball in the net. Walton’s kicking finally getting us in trouble, I’ve seen under 18 keepers distribute better. Another woeful ref performance but we should be used to that, i’d of had all the players surround the ref putting pressure on him being a new ref but no. Our game management fails us big time.

A massive chance lost today.

06/1/2024 8:57 pm  #24

Just a small aside but why no Miller Thomson on the bench today?

Strange decision given the recall and the reviews he's had at Montrose.

06/1/2024 9:00 pm  #25

Tek wrote:

Just a small aside but why no Miller Thomson on the bench today?

Strange decision given the recall and the reviews he's had at Montrose.

Injured

Board footera