Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/1/2024 3:21 am  #1

Arbroath vs Dundee Utd - Tuesday 2nd January 2024

Was hearing from a reader of this site that Arbroath are having such severe selection problems that they were on the verge of requesting this game be postponed.

Though, obviously we can't take it lightly after their great comeback against Raith on Saturday. They showed remarkable resillience there.

Hoping they don't play their Sub Goalie up front btw 

01/1/2024 4:33 pm  #2

Re: Arbroath vs Dundee Utd - Tuesday 2nd January 2024

Get it round them, hope we smash them.

02/1/2024 1:54 pm  #3

Has anyone been trying for late tickets? Arbroath pal told me they had released two batches of 50 for Utd fans but online I was stumped, think they went in a whisker?

02/1/2024 8:56 pm  #4

Another solid performance today, never really in doubt.

Couple of players coming off with injuries which was the only down side if a decent performance.  McMann's was just a knock so he should be fine but I think we should be resting big Gallagher until after the Inverness game. Today was the first time I've seen him losing out in an aerial battle with anyone all season which was possibly down to his injury.

That aside Middleton covered well in at left back and big Ross Graham can also be pleased with his performance today. He won every aerial contest and bar one bonkers clearance done well.

A wee nod for Watt, that's exactly what a captain should be doing (well done) hopefully that breeds a bit of confidence in Louis and sees a return to what we all know he's capable of.

MOM for me again was Sibbald with decent performances from Holt, Grimshaw and Moult.

02/1/2024 9:10 pm  #5

Well unfortunately fir me, Eh never got the day, coz Ehv been layed up ah day we the pukey dook. Was lookin forward to the gehm tae efter Friday TBH.

Musta been a wee too much oe the fine stuff and eating too much sh1te.

Chuft ah the same. Just a pity Raith huvna fallen at the hurdle yet.

02/1/2024 9:16 pm  #6

Solid performance

Actually thought tillson was pretty decent today, probably the best one seen from him, Grimshaw was also very good today, as were the usuals!

Hope the injuries aren’t serious, the tackle on mcmann looked naughty

Would love a few signings in, bench is so weak.

02/1/2024 10:10 pm  #7

We’ll take that, good 6/6 pts and it does the goal difference no harm either.

03/1/2024 1:11 am  #8

03/1/2024 11:41 am  #9

Thanks Tek. Good to see the first one, missed it thro 120 yards of fog!
Holt's excellent tackle then long ball for Middleton was worth seeing again too.
Bring on the Morton, hope the injuries aren't too bad, wee bit worried about Gallacher.

03/1/2024 1:48 pm  #10

Solid enough performance imo. Won it at a canter. Even though we didn't score for a while, never felt the result was in doubt.

Thoughts on Middleton.... he might not be the best but he had good effort and in saying all that, he did exceptionally well for his goal. Bust a gut to reach it and a great finish.

Also a shout out to watt. He played in moult for the first, when it was easier to have a shot himself. I think he appreciated he needed a goal.

Disappointed in wee cudjoe. Had 1 or 2 runs at the defence early on but seemed to lack effort when not in possession.

Got to be happy though.

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

03/1/2024 2:39 pm  #11

@tangy with regards to Cudjoe.

I thought he was trying too hard, trying to beat one man too many. I think the lad needs to sort out his contract one way or another and let him get back to concentrating on his football.

There is definitely a talent in there, hopefully it's a Tannadice where we see the best of it.

03/1/2024 3:09 pm  #12

CCX2 2010 wrote:

I thought he was trying too hard, trying to beat one man too many. I think the lad needs to sort out his contract one way or another and let him get back to concentrating on his football.

There is definitely a talent in there, hopefully it's a Tannadice where we see the best of it.

To me, probably due to his agent, he plays for himself, Greedy and Trying to force his "Numbers" which leads to bad decisions, I think JG is pretty frustrated with him

and what ive noticed is he has no pace. Couple of times he got played down the wing yesterday and got outpaced by an Arbroath CH 

03/1/2024 4:31 pm  #13

dufc2019 wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

To me, probably due to his agent, he plays for himself, Greedy and Trying to force his "Numbers" which leads to bad decisions, I think JG is pretty frustrated with him

and what ive noticed is he has no pace. Couple of times he got played down the wing yesterday and got outpaced by an Arbroath CH 

He's only got wee legs 😀 probably needs 3 steps for every 1 of Kevin holt

Not hating on cudjoe btw - just frustrating knowing there is talent there but we aren't currently seeing it. If he were to turn it on, he'd be one of the players that I'd be confident could step back to the prem.

Is his contract talks at a stalemate? Tbh this kind of performance won't have united desperate to up his offer

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

03/1/2024 4:34 pm  #14

Tangy wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

He's only got wee legs 😀 probably needs 3 steps for every 1 of Kevin holt

Not hating on cudjoe btw - just frustrating knowing there is talent there but we aren't currently seeing it. If he were to turn it on, he'd be one of the players that I'd be confident could step back to the prem.

Is his contract talks at a stalemate? Tbh this kind of performance won't have united desperate to up his offer

When your that wee you have to be rapid to make up for it, he isnt

Board footera