Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/12/2023 4:00 am  #1

Utd v Ayr - Saturday 9th December

We could go into this match in 2nd place in the Championship for the first time since September 16th (when we drew 1-1 at home to Morton). Raith's form has been unrelenting since then, to their credit. As has our's been tbf (in the league, anyway).

The last two performances have been very worrying for a number of reasons. We will find out a lot about this current United side on Saturday afternoon.

06/12/2023 8:58 am  #2

Re: Utd v Ayr - Saturday 9th December

Big game for the fans on Saturday.
We need to get right behind the team on Saturday. Particularly if we lose the 1st goal. No doubt the majority will, however unfortunately there will be a few boos and some calling for the immediate sacking of the manager.

07/12/2023 2:29 am  #3

Back on track with a 4-0 win. 

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

07/12/2023 9:16 am  #4

2-1 United

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

07/12/2023 1:41 pm  #5

Tek wrote:

We could go into this match in 2nd place in the Championship for the first time since September 16th (when we drew 1-1 at home to Morton). Raith's form has been unrelenting since then, to their credit. As has our's been tbf (in the league, anyway).

The last two performances have been very worrying for a number of reasons. We will find out a lot about this current United side on Saturday afternoon.

wouldn't agree on your 2nd paragraph. Both results were terrible but both games were very different. on another day in Dumfries we win that game 5-2.

Defence needs to get back to what it was

07/12/2023 1:42 pm  #6

2-1 united

07/12/2023 11:16 pm  #7

We score early, 4 v 0

08/12/2023 12:55 am  #8

dufc2019 wrote:

Tek wrote:

wouldn't agree on your 2nd paragraph. Both results were terrible but both games were very different. on another day in Dumfries we win that game 5-2.

Defence needs to get back to what it was

It was the defence that primarily worries me. Losing 6 goals in a week too two League Two sides (and could have been more) is eye opening.

But hopefully a distant memory by Saturday evening.

08/12/2023 8:15 am  #9

Meekison ruled out till 2024 picked up another injury. Hope he takes this time to put some muscle on

Last edited by dufc2019 (08/12/2023 8:15 am)

08/12/2023 11:55 am  #10

Lots of rain yesterday and loads more forecast through the night hopefully the pitch is holding up well.

09/12/2023 12:48 am  #11

dufc2019 wrote:

Meekison ruled out till 2024 picked up another injury. Hope he takes this time to put some muscle on

Bit of a crock. Injured all the time.

09/12/2023 12:59 am  #12

Dundee united 3 Ayr united 1

09/12/2023 1:09 am  #13

3-0, United defence back to keeping a clean sheet..

09/12/2023 7:36 pm  #14

Not our best Tannadice performance of the season but certainly not our worse.
A totally deserved 3 pts but should've won by more.
Watt played well when he came on, I'm sure I will be shouted down but I thought he caused their CBs more issues than Moult did.
Sibbald M.O.M. by a distance today, his best game in Tangerine

09/12/2023 7:58 pm  #15

We won.

I agree with StillLiv, deserved to win and also MOM again for us this season Craig Sibbald.

We need to be more clinical when in front of goal, it's frustrating as a fan and the players must be tearing their hair out also. A bit more composure please lads next week.

Couple of wee observations-

Walton needs to just get rid at times and knock it long, stop passing it to midfielders who have got a man right up there arse.

Stop this man for man defending when we have a corner, disaster waiting to happen.

Davie Bowman stop showing the passion at his age, magnificent. Telling they useless bandits how it is👏👏👏

Onwards and upwards,clean sheet, 3 points and on to a massive game next week.

09/12/2023 8:37 pm  #16

Agree Sibbald Mom, thought Mochrie didnt put a foot wrong first half. need more from Doch

09/12/2023 8:42 pm  #17

I honestly thought that was murder and we need a huge improvement if want to win next week.

Everyone bar sibbald, fotheringham and I thought watt when he came on were decent.

Good win though, huge one next week.

09/12/2023 8:46 pm  #18

Must add, we were so wasteful passing wise, docherty who I can’t really fault since being here was miles off it the day.

Also unsure why we were deciding to punt it at every opportunity today haven’t done it all season, bizarre.

So disappointed in mochrie and glass, both them get there chances and not one of them take it, both will be out the team next week for watt, why both won’t make it at United.

09/12/2023 9:31 pm  #19

CCX2 2010 wrote:

We won.

I agree with StillLiv, deserved to win and also MOM again for us this season Craig Sibbald.

We need to be more clinical when in front of goal, it's frustrating as a fan and the players must be tearing their hair out also. A bit more composure please lads next week.

Couple of wee observations-

Walton needs to just get rid at times and knock it long, stop passing it to midfielders who have got a man right up there arse.

Stop this man for man defending when we have a corner, disaster waiting to happen.

Davie Bowman stop showing the passion at his age, magnificent. Telling they useless bandits how it is👏👏👏

Onwards and upwards,clean sheet, 3 points and on to a massive game next week.

Spot on.

- I'd just add honorable mention for young Kai.
And quibble about man for man at back, I've no problem with it. This is Scottish diddy division, keep it simple.
Yeah gotta love Davie Bowman.
Moult hatrick just around the corner.

09/12/2023 9:45 pm  #20

Stillliving wrote:

Not our best Tannadice performance of the season but certainly not our worse.
A totally deserved 3 pts but should've won by more.
Watt played well when he came on, I'm sure I will be shouted down but I thought he caused their CBs more issues than Moult did.
Sibbald M.O.M. by a distance today, his best game in Tangerine

Agree about Watt. Thought he played really well. More Tony please.

09/12/2023 9:48 pm  #21

dufc2019 wrote:

Agree Sibbald Mom, thought Mochrie didnt put a foot wrong first half. need more from Doch

I want the old Docherty back. Feck knows whats happened to him.

09/12/2023 10:31 pm  #22

kdyteejay wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

I want the old Docherty back. Feck knows whats happened to him.

Whilst it wasn't Dochertys best he was that bad imo. From where I was sat I thought our midfield dipped when he was replaced by Tilson.

Next week is a massive game and one I am confident that our captain will have the squad right up for.

09/12/2023 10:35 pm  #23

SuperMario wrote:

Must add, we were so wasteful passing wise, docherty who I can’t really fault since being here was miles off it the day.

Also unsure why we were deciding to punt it at every opportunity today haven’t done it all season, bizarre.

So disappointed in mochrie and glass, both them get there chances and not one of them take it, both will be out the team next week for watt, why both won’t make it at United.

I agree with your point about Mochrie and Glass.

I think the pitch was heavy today, definitely towards the Shed there were visible splashes. Some times you just need to play to the conditions.

10/12/2023 1:22 pm  #24

Nae complaints aboot the result, sayed it a 100 times that Eh tak 1-0 every week, but Eh didna find the performance very convincing.

Ah this back-passin and p1ssin aboot side-to-side across the back is gettin on meh goat.

Can only guess that the Ayr keeper was wasting so much time in the hope that the gehm would get abandoned we so much rehn p1ssin doon.

There was an awfy lot oe stoppages in the gehm. ye coulda produced a timetable we the regularity oe Ayr commiting fouls.

A lot of our tactics involved goin doin the left then getting Middleton to treh and cross the ba inta the box. Became very predictable and Ayr cottoned onta it.
Coupled we that there was hardly anychunt there to get advantage fae it.  But it was very obvious that there was virtually phuck-all going doon the middle.

Watt shoulda been on fae the start. Mochrie and Fothery played well, including a well deserved winning goal. Jist wish Mochrie had ta'en his.

Next week will be its own story, we have The Grapes of Raith.

MOTM for me Sibbald.

11/12/2023 9:52 pm  #25

Looking at plaback reel again another wee very pleasing thing I see is when Walton gave Doch hospital pass.
No big recrimination and bellowing at one another - just get on wi it.

Board footera