Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/7/2014 8:11 pm  #1

Thoughts on Today's game (v Hibs)

Thought we were really quite poor today.

No real spark,and we seemed to huff'n'puff the majority of the match.We didn't even register a shot on goal until the 71st minute.

It was only really when the kids came on at the end when we showed any sort of play that was remotely reminiscent of Utd last season.

Rado - Had very little to do,made one good save near the end.Still doesn't look like he's gonna comeout for crosses when he should.Gave a Hibs guy a free header (which he sould have scored) fae a corner about 6 yards oot when he should have flattened him.

Spittal - Not his position,but done 'ok'.Only seemed to realise he could venture into the oppositions half sometime in the 2nd half however.Never showed much wrong,but never really stood out either.

Morris - Hibs were very punchless upfront but he dealt with everything that was thrown at him pretty calmly and never put  a foot wrong really.Easy shift though.

Fojut - Pretty much see above.Seemed to take a bit of an injury towards the end though and ws down once or twice,eventually got subbed (hopefully precautionary).

Dillon - Playing LB,and was pretty solid.Never had much to cope with really.Had one bombscare moment early on when he sliced a clearance into a dangerous area.

Paton - Game kinda passed him by.

Rankin - Tried to drive the team on but all to often made the wrong decision.Should have shot once or twice when in a good position.

Dow - Had a day where nothing much really came off for him.Not for the lack of trying though.

Armstrong - Apart from two excellent 70 yard crossfield passes,the game kinda passed him by.Nowhere near the standard he can play at.

Ciftci - Poor performance.Miles away from his usual self.Huffed'n'puffed and seem to be in one of his 'moods'.

Bilate - First time i've saw him and i know he's only trained for a week,BUT,i was distinctly unimpressed with his touch and passing.Worse than that though,he struck me as being a bit 'lazy'.Hope he improves,quickly.

Subs - Telfer - Was very good when he came on.Helped keep possession for Utd and rarely gave the ball away.Looked to get in attacking positions despite playing DCM.

Erskine - Took his goal really well and looked lively in his short cameo.

Graham - Looked hungry and agressive,had one decent curling shot that sailed half a foot over.

Connolly - The wee man was excellent when he came on.Looked night and day compared to the laddie i saw in Oban a year ago.Set-up Erskine's goal and almost scored a mazy near the end.Very good close control and dribbling skills.

GMS - Note much of note from him.Had one wee run near the end where he was nearly 1 on 1 but Erskine put him off by running across him

Fraser - Only had couple of minutes.

Smith - Only had about five minutes.

Petrie - Went into defence late on,had nothing to do.

All in all a win and a clean sheet.But it was the remnants of what's left of Hibs shambles from last season.Mostly kids and at times they looked better than us.

Several gears needing upped on today's evidence,and one or two of our 'stars' needing a gentle reminder of standards set.

Sad sight at the end seeing Andy Robertson walking across the pitch,turning back and giving a wave to the fans.we are gonna miss him greatly on today's evidence.Btw Souttar was on crutches and looked a long way away fae first team return,judging by how badly he was hobbling.

Good turnout,must have been 600+.

27/7/2014 8:28 pm  #2

Re: Thoughts on Today's game (v Hibs)

Sounds like a disappointing day, clean sheets good, but hard to judge given quality awe were playing.

Glad Telfer showed up well, reckon he'll play a big part later in season.

Ciftci, needs to play up front, he's not interested when playing deeper, good player, but I find it hard to like him, real bad attitude at times for me.

Still a wins a win, roll on the real stuff

Board footera