Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/10/2023 2:04 pm  #51

Re: Raith vs Utd - Saturday 7th October

Stillliving wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Are you assuming that Saturday was thec1st time I've seen Graham play?
My judgement is based on probably closer to 50 1st team/ reserve team games.
He dosent have the pace required for this level and dosent have passing ability/composure required of the modern CH.

This is the problem with the post-Guardiola world.  WTF is the "modern CH"?  Take it you never saw Dave Narey?

He's playing alongside Gallagher and Holt and last year Ryan Edwards.  Not exactly Ruben Dias.  He is playing Raith Rovers in the pissing rain on plastic.  I want him to defend first even if that means pumping it into row Z.  Goodwin is trying to play a brand of football that doesn't suit the players at his disposal.  Man City have players that can pick up a ball and move it on without even looking at it.  We've got Grimshaw who looked like he'd never seen a ball on Saturday.  But yet people pick out a relatively young lad for abuse when he played 10 minutes during which we didn't concede one of the worst defended goals I have had the displeasure of seeing.  Football fans are odd.

Again you've got it wrong. I was watching the Terrors before Narey made his debut.

It's not just Goodwin passing it out from back its across all levels of the game. Broughty Juniors v Downfield had both teams passing out from the back.

My final word, saying that you think a certain player is not good enough on a messageboard is not giving out stick its giving out your opinion.

Fair enough.  If you were at Narey's debut (and remember it) that puts you at least 5 years older than me.  Must be senility then 

10/10/2023 2:15 pm  #52

Folks just got to chill.  Some fans hurl abuse, others don't.  What we all have to understand is that we all have our own opinions - whether others agree with us shouldn't affect your own personal opinion.

Facts are, we are top of the league that we are playing in.  We are also unbeaten in the league to date.

We can't do much better than that.

It's not always going to be pleasant on the eye, regardless of what team you support.  Just enjoy the good times while they're here.  I guarantee that there will be more than enough opportunities to get our y-fronts in a twist in the future.

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

10/10/2023 4:20 pm  #53

Macho Man wrote:

Folks just got to chill.  Some fans hurl abuse, others don't.  What we all have to understand is that we all have our own opinions - whether others agree with us shouldn't affect your own personal opinion.

Facts are, we are top of the league that we are playing in.  We are also unbeaten in the league to date.

We can't do much better than that.

It's not always going to be pleasant on the eye, regardless of what team you support.  Just enjoy the good times while they're here.  I guarantee that there will be more than enough opportunities to get our y-fronts in a twist in the future.

I agree, it's all about opinions and that's the whole purpose of this message board.

Good debate between Finn and StillLiving with both making fair points.

Goes without saying that everyone hopes the young man succeeds.

10/10/2023 4:52 pm  #54

Maybe young Graham did look like he was towing a fridge when he came on, but for much of the game I thought most of our players looked like that - even lads who usually look like they have a wee bit of pace. I was wondering how new the Raith pitch is and how deep the rubber flake and sand bases are. It's possible the amount of rain resulted in the pitch having a bit more give in it, and making it harder/more tiring to run on. Young Stirton came on for the last 10 minutes and should have been absolutely flying compared with the other tired legs out there, and he was slower than a week in Barlinnie.

Last week I said I'd noticed our lads playing a lot more one-touch, which opponents were struggling to cope with. At Raith, we didn't. Minimum two touch, usually more than two. And our first touch was often poor too, which I don't understand, as the one thing a decent artificial pitch should give you is a ball that runs true and doesn't bobble in front of your foot. So is it a poor quality pitch? If we're going to allow plastic pitches in the league, there need to be standards in place to ensure quality.

10/10/2023 7:31 pm  #55

Canadian Arab wrote:

Maybe young Graham did look like he was towing a fridge when he came on, but for much of the game I thought most of our players looked like that - even lads who usually look like they have a wee bit of pace. I was wondering how new the Raith pitch is and how deep the rubber flake and sand bases are. It's possible the amount of rain resulted in the pitch having a bit more give in it, and making it harder/more tiring to run on. Young Stirton came on for the last 10 minutes and should have been absolutely flying compared with the other tired legs out there, and he was slower than a week in Barlinnie.

Last week I said I'd noticed our lads playing a lot more one-touch, which opponents were struggling to cope with. At Raith, we didn't. Minimum two touch, usually more than two. And our first touch was often poor too, which I don't understand, as the one thing a decent artificial pitch should give you is a ball that runs true and doesn't bobble in front of your foot. So is it a poor quality pitch? If we're going to allow plastic pitches in the league, there need to be standards in place to ensure quality.

That's a bit harsh on Stirton seen as he didn't get on .

10/10/2023 11:05 pm  #56

Stillliving wrote:

That's a bit harsh on Stirton seen as he didn't get on .

👀
Right enough. It was the previous week vs Queen's Park. Which was at Tannadice, and he still looked like he was towing a piano.

Board footera