Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/7/2023 4:21 pm  #26

Re: Away strip

Not a big fan of the colour or the design. Reminds me of the old Nike strips that you could buy for your local amateur team.

Home top still good though

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

27/7/2023 6:56 pm  #27

Macho Man wrote:

I think those who have a problem with the colour of our heritage kit are using it as yet another stick to beat the club with.

If someone else links the colour with religious connotations, that is their problem and their hatred shining through.

If that logic was applied to everything else in life you wouldn't be able to use any colour as I reckon if you look hard enough, you could link them all to some form of ass-holery by simple minded morons.

Actually, I have many axes to grind with our current management, less since the Fat Cuntroller has gone, but I'm not really having a go at the club here in terms of the colour.  In terms of being shit at getting the kits out and making some money out of them yes, but the colour no.  Just my personal preference that we don't go green.  If the fans want to rush out in numbers and buy the strip because of the heritage of the club (something that this regime has had to learn the hard way is important) then go for it.  I won't.

27/7/2023 8:59 pm  #28

Think the new kit is pretty nice. 

I am slightly confused though why we are celebrating Dundee Hibernian on the 100th anniversary of Dundee United though? 

Unless there is a 3rd kit that is going to be a Centenary kit (possibly).

27/7/2023 11:16 pm  #29

Tek wrote:

Think the new kit is pretty nice. 

I am slightly confused though why we are celebrating Dundee Hibernian on the 100th anniversary of Dundee United though? 

Unless there is a 3rd kit that is going to be a Centenary kit (possibly).

I'm guessing a 3rd kit will use the old United badge they've been using in their posts with the current badge, don't see why they'd be using it unless they intended to put it on a kit.

28/7/2023 7:57 am  #30

We should be able to release any fucking kit colour we like, the end.

Those two are fucking cancer on our game/society, the very fact folk even entertain such thoughts shows how badly their backwards bile permeates through the country.

The horrible cunts.

Nevermind though, at least we can get a pint at the game......oh, wait.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

28/7/2023 9:14 am  #31

Don’t let idiots dictate your opinion on a strip (smart/hacket or whatever opinion you have on it) down to their weird obsession with sectarianism they need to “support” their club.

Personally I think it’s smart, homage to the third ever kit of the club {http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Dundee_United/Dundee_United.htm}. If a colour as a strip of Dundee United (excluding dark blue and jobbie brown sleeves for obvious reasons) upsets you in anyway, then I think it might be a you problem, styling/design is very different to “colour is obvious sectarian” or some other stupid as fuck things I’ve seen on Twitter, hence the you problem.

KTF

28/7/2023 9:51 am  #32

I'm not upset that United have gone for a green away strip.  I just don't like it and whatever we think, others (many idiots amongst them) will consider that a statement of our soft allegiance with Celtic and Hibs and all that goes with that. I'd rather avoid it.  As others say, a white strip would be more appropriate to the 100 celebration (and that will probably be the third kit).  

I'm comfortable that its not a me problem, but project away...

28/7/2023 10:10 am  #33

Finn Seemann wrote:

I'm not upset that United have gone for a green away strip.  I just don't like it and whatever we think, others (many idiots amongst them) will consider that a statement of our soft allegiance with Celtic and Hibs and all that goes with that. I'd rather avoid it.  As others say, a white strip would be more appropriate to the 100 celebration (and that will probably be the third kit).  

I'm comfortable that its not a me problem, but project away...

I hadn’t seen any of the thread. Mine was just a vent from Twitter, what I’ve seen and posted on group chats about it. The kit, for 100 years of United should have been white, but alas it’s not. Still a teckle tap for me anyway. Like I put above if you don’t like the design etc that’s entirely fine. If the colour you dislike because of a Catholic v Proddy nature then it’s different, to me anyway.

KTF

28/7/2023 2:37 pm  #34

I'm not bothered what the colour is. It could be pink we polka dot stripes for ah Eh care, but given what the Club are saying, aboot its ancestry going back to Dundee Hibs.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Dundee_United/Dundee_United.htm

Board footera