Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/7/2023 12:59 pm  #1

Season Ticket Rebate

So after Mr Capuano's spiel to The Courier and subsequent statement issued by the Club - what are peoples intentions with regards to the rebate? I personally waived mine during the COVID season for what I thought was good reason - in the hope that the club may utilise the money to help build upon solid foundations. It appears they did not. We were also promised a 1/18 reduction on the following season's tickets but that does not seem to have been honoured. We were also promised a host of other discounts and benefits following the renewal of season tickets in recent seasons such as away day ticket priority, legends match amongst others - however, none of these have come to fruition (with the exception of the Alkmaar away tickets.)

I feel this time round I may opt for the rebate, given the reasons mentioned above and the mere fact that the club seems extremely out of touch with the fans, more so than during the era of Stephen Thompson, which takes a lot. Quite frankly, I think Mr Ogren and his band of merry men have complete disregard for the fans in a lot of decision making, and it would be an understatement to say that a reshuffle of the club at board level is overdue. 

Thoughts? From an angry ETL season ticket holder. 

14/7/2023 1:54 pm  #2

Re: Season Ticket Rebate

I waived mine..

I couldn't be arsed with the fuss, also, even if I took my £40, i'd still have to pay any extra for hospo, a top/training gear, which I never buy anyway.

I took a decision a while back that they won't get any more money out of me than is absolutely necessary.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

14/7/2023 4:34 pm  #3

Total get the feeling that Arabassy describes I would also add the change of manager after Melon left shortly after the renewal period.

I'm now firmly of the opinion that the club couldn't care less about my views unless the have their hand out at renewal time or when they are asking the foundation to fund facilities that the owners should.

I hate captain hindsight stuff but this was all entirely predictable and Capuano was told this at the foundation meeting in December.  Him, Foxy and the ex copper were told in a polite and by some in a more direct manner that investment was required.

Is it my fault they couldn't see wait was plainly obvious and now they want me to pay near £30 to watch United vs Airdre.

I will be taking it I think and iam getting fed up with the board back tracking and trying to play a guilt card.

14/7/2023 4:47 pm  #4

I might have no right to comment given I haven't bought a season, but I think my reason for not doing so is relevant.  I am not going to do so until I'm clear on the current management structure of the club.  Ogren has to categorically state that the Rev Sports influence has gone (that includes Capuano) and explain who and how the club is to be managed going forward.  That is the least he can do given he has presided over a total mess due to him being duped by the Fat Cuntroller.  

Ogren can still save his reputation with the fans and maybe even some of his money but expecting fans to dig into their pockets again when there is no transparency is unacceptable.  His losses are largely down to his stupidity/gulliblity.  Goodwin needs support if he is going to deliver us back up in a year.  I am not seeing much evidence of that support.  Ogren has to realise (if the whole thing is not fecked already) that he absolutely needs to get us up in a season and in a shape to allow us to consolidate next year. 

I don't think we can expect to sort everything in one window, but this window does need us to bring in someone who can score 20 goals a season at this level.

25/3/2024 3:13 pm  #5

So those that didn't take the rebate, by now should have had an email from the club offering to go look at their name on the rebate wall. But, that's enough about that, just didn't want to start a new thread, so tagged the following on.

A lot of talk in the group chats re season ticket renewals and what folk will do for next season.

Last year the loyalty period cut off I believe, was around the end of April, the cheapest renewal point and the last game is the 3rd of May, so it's hands in pockets time, like last season, before we know our fate.

a. Worst case scenario is we fuck up, but no decision on Goodwin has been made as they'll likely let him have the play-offs.

b. We might need to beat or draw with Partick, to secure the title, we fuck up, see a.

c. We find some form, Raith tail off and the last game (3rd May) is a dead rubber and the date doesn't matter.

I've pretty much always had a season ticket, only ever made a stance when they never emptied Csaba after the play-off game debacle, paid in most home games, the odd ones i missed negated any cost benefit anyway.

I certainly have no appetite as things stand to watch more Jim-ball and certainly not in another Championship season, regardless of how I think right now, I think he's getting to the end of the season so I'm resigned to that.

But if his remit is win the league and that's done before 30th April, then I'll reluctantly back him and the club, but is there any real appetite for folk to purchase under any outcome other than c.?

If we fuck up before the end of April and we can't win the league, would they be so bold as to sack him and get someone to take the reigns in the play-offs? Would any manager worth their salt take that on, unless they had a guarantee of being in charge for the following season?

Would we as fans be willing to accept and give the new guy a clean slate?

What a fucking mess!

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

25/3/2024 6:37 pm  #6

David_Blunkett wrote:

So those that didn't take the rebate, by now should have had an email from the club offering to go look at their name on the rebate wall. But, that's enough about that, just didn't want to start a new thread, so tagged the following on.

A lot of talk in the group chats re season ticket renewals and what folk will do for next season.

Last year the loyalty period cut off I believe, was around the end of April, the cheapest renewal point and the last game is the 3rd of May, so it's hands in pockets time, like last season, before we know our fate.

a. Worst case scenario is we fuck up, but no decision on Goodwin has been made as they'll likely let him have the play-offs.

b. We might need to beat or draw with Partick, to secure the title, we fuck up, see a.

c. We find some form, Raith tail off and the last game (3rd May) is a dead rubber and the date doesn't matter.

I've pretty much always had a season ticket, only ever made a stance when they never emptied Csaba after the play-off game debacle, paid in most home games, the odd ones i missed negated any cost benefit anyway.

I certainly have no appetite as things stand to watch more Jim-ball and certainly not in another Championship season, regardless of how I think right now, I think he's getting to the end of the season so I'm resigned to that.

But if his remit is win the league and that's done before 30th April, then I'll reluctantly back him and the club, but is there any real appetite for folk to purchase under any outcome other than c.?

If we fuck up before the end of April and we can't win the league, would they be so bold as to sack him and get someone to take the reigns in the play-offs? Would any manager worth their salt take that on, unless they had a guarantee of being in charge for the following season?

What a fucking mess!

Good post David and made me look at the one I posted in July above.  Just for clarity I seemed to think then that Ogren could still save his relationship with the fans.  I don't think that any more.  Once again the fans are expected to undewrite the club, but with no goodwill I don't see how that happens.  Folk criticise the support for being quiet at Tannadice and either not getting behind the team or not giving them a hard time.  Next season will be even worse as, if we fail to get up, (which looks more than quite likely), then I can't see numbers being anything like this season.  

If Ogren thinks he can expect the fans to bail him out then I think that is yet further evidence of his cluelessness.  We are on the brink.

Last edited by Finn Seemann (25/3/2024 6:38 pm)

25/3/2024 7:16 pm  #7

Finn Seemann wrote:

David_Blunkett wrote:

What a fucking mess!

Good post David and made me look at the one I posted in July above.  Just for clarity I seemed to think then that Ogren could still save his relationship with the fans.  I don't think that any more.  Once again the fans are expected to undewrite the club, but with no goodwill I don't see how that happens.  Folk criticise the support for being quiet at Tannadice and either not getting behind the team or not giving them a hard time.  Next season will be even worse as, if we fail to get up, (which looks more than quite likely), then I can't see numbers being anything like this season.  

If Ogren thinks he can expect the fans to bail him out then I think that is yet further evidence of his cluelessness.  We are on the brink.

On the brink of what?

25/3/2024 9:52 pm  #8

Stillliving wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

David_Blunkett wrote:

What a fucking mess!

On the brink of what?

Use your imagination.  You've certainly got one...

Board footera