Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/4/2023 5:25 pm  #1

Motherwell vs Utd - Saturday 15/4/23

I've listened more to this guy in the past few weeks than Foxy and Courts combined.

Last edited by Tek (12/4/2023 9:27 pm)

12/4/2023 9:22 pm  #2

Re: Motherwell vs Utd - Saturday 15/4/23

Actually really like him

Would have absolutely no problem with him being manager next season no matter what division we are in

Last edited by SuperMario (12/4/2023 9:22 pm)

12/4/2023 10:36 pm  #3

CCX2 2010 wrote:

I've listened more to this guy in the past few weeks than Foxy and Courts combined.

Mulgrew:
"Then new manager's been brilliant since he came in."
"Training been very very hard"
etc. reflects just this.
No rocket science.
- Oh aye an a wee bit tighter on yer man Charlie.

- - - - - - - - -

On topic, hard to pick.

Injuries ?      In particular Middleton ?    Cannae mind what happened there - was it no an innocous injury but Fox kept him on injured ?  We're crying out for his width.
Actually think botton four will be between us, RC, Killie, Saintees.
- Need to get better support for Fletch.

14/4/2023 12:47 pm  #4

interesting to see if he goes with the same formation against Motherwell or goes back to 5 at the back.

14/4/2023 10:11 pm  #5

What an opportunity and one we must take to move out of the relegation zone.

Watched the County match tonight and they are much improved from the match at Tannadice.

4-5-1 I think it will be again tomorrow.

Need a big performance in the middle of the park from Sibbald, Harkes and McGrath. They three are the key, need to be brave and not lump it up to the big man at the earliest chance.

3 points and no more injuries please.

15/4/2023 6:04 pm  #6

What a massive win

Huge opportunity next weekend

Long way to go with a lot of work to do

Cmonnnnn!!

15/4/2023 8:56 pm  #7

Absolutely massive win and performance today.

Sibbald my MotM. Thought he was superb in that holding midfielder role.

Never seen that fight back on the cards after about 55 minutes when we could have been 3 nil down to a Van Veen hat-trick. But immense credit goes to the players for rolling up their sleeves and fighting back. That was the first time Motherwell have lost in awhile. Thought the away support was fantastic today btw. Really backed the team in noise (and colour).

What a boost getting out of the relegation spots. Another huge game against Livingston next week. 

15/4/2023 9:11 pm  #8

Goodwin gives us a Great win !

Was stunned to see the number of attempts the Well had. For them only to score once, we musta done somethin right.

I hope our last 2 results are the start of something big, but I'd take 10th as it is ATM.

15/4/2023 11:03 pm  #9

Great result and a massive change from previous performances, to go one down and come back and win away from home can only give the players confidence.

have to eat humble pie over Ayina, thought the worst in his first few games but has improved immensely - better coaching or just time to settle, either way happy.

15/4/2023 11:18 pm  #10

Huge game next week, but they’re all going to be huge. County play before us and hopefully Hertz do us a favour. However as long as we take care of our business we’ll be fine. I’ve got great confidence in our manager, if we’d stuck with Fox I think we’d be sunk by now.

15/4/2023 11:36 pm  #11

Fuck magnificent.

15/4/2023 11:43 pm  #12

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Was stunned to see the number of attempts the Well had. For them only to score once, we musta done somethin right.

I never thought i'd say this.

Birighitti was very good today. Kept us in it when Motherwell were over running us and creating big chances.

15/4/2023 11:50 pm  #13

Bad stuff out of the road first:
Birighitti - some good saves, great quick distribution but still seems a nightmare waiting to happen - specially his habit of spilling/parrying the ball.
Freeman - utter shit, with the exception of lovely wee dink through to Harkes for goal.
Mulgrew - shouldae been tighter on yer man for their goal - second week in a row - notwithstanding that tho' usual steady, calm, throwing himself around, commitment.

Good stuff: same word - commitment, this is a team chalk and cheese since Goodwin came in, playing with heads up, bite, width, better coaching - if players are clear what's asked of them they respond. High fitness levels = Fightback. Goodwin - positive, great talker, obviously good for dressing room.
Individually, McCann, always steady.    Immy = bite, width, pleased for him, wisnae an easy goal, workrate. Behich, workrate, width, agression, back to having somebody bombing down flank. Harkes, great too some bite which was what made Immy's goal.
Sibbald/Fletch both MOTM for me.  Sibbald a real lynchpin. Fletch, How old's he ??   90+ minutes, end to end always a danger. Should've had 2nd pen if he hadnae made the meal of it he did, result = simulation, booking. Again shows up VAR - long way from being sorted. VAR clearly shows up penalty, so, they can't go back on knocking back penalty because they'd have to go back on booking. Oh aye and players enjoying their football = results.

MOTM #3 = support and team going over at end.   

Like Goodwin & Immy said on DUTV, take the plaudits but 6 tough games to go - let's not get to carried away.

but,   Cmmmonnn Uniteedd  !!

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (15/4/2023 11:52 pm)

16/4/2023 8:02 am  #14

Having a consistent starting 11 is definitely helping the shape of the team particularly when we are under the cosh. Big 3 points but hopefully the players get right back to work on Monday as a quick glance at the table will show that we are still right in the shite.

Decision for Goodwin next week as Nouble plays wide left for Livi. We saw what he did to Freeman at their pitch a few weeks ago- Freeman hooked after 30mins. Maybe Aniya RB and Edwards back? Never good to unsettle the CB pairing but Freeman- Nouble is a mismatch that could lose us the game.

16/4/2023 8:39 am  #15

Great fightback, we'd definitely have lost that game under Fox - Goodwin is certainly improving things.   Just need to keep this attitude and spirit up and hopefully we'll scrape enough points together to save ourselves. 

16/4/2023 8:56 am  #16

Astonishing turnaround, who would have thought fitness and organisation would be the key, maybe we just need to ensure our template includes having a Jim in charge of the team

16/4/2023 7:58 pm  #17

Delighted with the result yesterday as earlier in the season we wouldn't have come back after going a goal behind. Another good result for us today also and with a bit of renewed hope I'm actually looking forward to going yo Tannadice on Saturday.

17/4/2023 4:53 pm  #18

As an aside, did anyone hear the comment made by Kenny McIntyre on sportsound after the game? He said he received a call on Friday saying that if he could get a recording of the VAR conversation when Curtis Main won that ‘penalty’ it would be a very worthwhile story.

He didn’t say who called him, didn’t say what the conversation was about, just said it and moved on. Seemed a very strange thing to say and doesn’t seem to have been picked up or commented on anywhere.

Board footera